Search results

1. mcfl

Kenwood ka-9100 issues after restoration

Good to know, I will look for that. Thanks
  2. mcfl

The black ground cable is connected, I am checking the boards now hoping to find the culprit. Thanks for the follow up
  3. mcfl

I found that by disconnecting the below connector the issue no longer happens , any ideas what could be wrong with those boards
  4. mcfl

Yeah, it powers and plays music, relays clicks and everything. I have checked all of the boards and cannot find anything wrong, the caps are all solder correctly and have not been able to spot any broken cables. The only thing that comes to mind is the power amp boards the service manual has for...
  5. mcfl

Oh man , I actually did the entire amp and did not test after each board was done. I replaced all of the caps, I did follow the steps that hopjohn did to his amp with the exception that I did not replace all of the resistors The sound it makes is a pretty loud pop and buzz together, I’m an also...
  6. mcfl

I switched from normal to separate and I don’t have the problem. Not sure what else to look at. any advice thanks
  7. mcfl

Yes, checked all that and did not find any disconnected cables or cold solder joints
  8. mcfl

I also can hear a hum noise when I touch the volume knob or any area of the amp
  9. mcfl

Hello team, I am having an issue with the just restored ka-9100, the amp is making a super loud noise/sound through the speakers whenever I turn it off. The sound is also audible through the headphone jack. I also noticed that I can hear the speaker protection relay through the speakers and...
  10. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Do you mind sharing the size an type of drill bit you used. Did you use a power drill to make the holes. I am in the process of restoring my ka-8100 and will need to do the same thing to allow for the filter caps to fit. Can the holes be drilled without removing the board completely? Thanks
  11. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Do you recommend to change the 3 transistors from the protection circuit even if they look OK ? Thanks
  12. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Do you all recommend to change the 3 transistors from the protection circuit even if they look ok ? Thanks
  13. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Thanks a lot for the help
  14. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Thanks a lot for the great info, I am also restoring a ka-8100 and this is a tremendous help. Can you please tell me how did you match the On Semi MJE15032/3 to the originals. Like the MJE15032 to what original part number and the MJE15033 to what original part number since they are different
  15. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Thanks for the fast response, really appreciated
  16. mcfl

KA-8150 Overhaul

Do you mind sharing the part numbers for the replacement of resistors Ri97,98. Also the part numbers for the 3 transistors in the protection circuit area. Thanks
  17. mcfl

new (to me) Kenwood KA 8100 Chapter 2

Do you mind sharing the part list for the caps
  18. mcfl

Kenwood KA-7300 recap part list needed

Hello team, I am looking for a list of caps to refresh my Kenwood KA-7300. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
  19. mcfl

Pioneer CT-F1000 power cord broken

Sounds good, I will give it a shot this weekend Thanks a lot for the good info and support
  20. mcfl

Thanks for the information, I will look online to purchase both the power cord and cable strain relief bushing
  21. mcfl

Do you happen to know the gauge of the original cable. I saw a power cord at Home Depot but the gauge most be larger since I will have to remove the plastic/rubber grommet. I wonder if I could purchase a new grommet someplace Thanks
  22. mcfl

Hello team, I need help with my Pioneer CT-F1000, the power cord is in bad shape and I really would like to replace it with a new one. Any advise how to do this and the part number for the new power cord Any help will be greatly appreciated
  23. mcfl

Technics su-7700 no sound

Thanks a lot. I will download the service manual and will give it a shot
  24. mcfl

Yeah, I received a partial refund that was not too bad and was able to keep the amp.
  25. mcfl

team, I have a technica su-7700 that I purchased from eBay and it turns on but I don't hear the speaker relay click and there is no sound. I looked at the fuses and they all look ok with no broken filament Any advise how's to troubleshoot Thanks
Back
Top Bottom