Search results

1. c-atle-79bay

RIP Stuart Chapman Jones

Sad news for the audio world. It’s not very recent but could not find mention on search. Stuart was always very helpful to talk about his older model speakers, all I can afford :), I bugged him a number of times and he still even called me back. His speakers could do so much with a 10”...
  2. c-atle-79bay

3 minute rule

This is in reference to the beastie boys song from Paul’s boutique. Should the ping pong ball sound at the beginning be forward or in the background? I’ve always listened for it and kinda expected it to be a foreground sound that exposes details. With my newest speakers, jamo d830/concert 8...
  3. c-atle-79bay

Speakerlab DAS 5

Just got these das5 speakers had some Das 7 but they were too heavy for me to deal with so I was glad to find these. They have a unit finish I’ve seen on a few Das models now. It’s almost like a shrink wrap the Das 7 had them I’ve seen a few other examples of this with speakerlab for sale...
  4. c-atle-79bay

MR7084 or C15 glass replacement

Wondering what the process is for button removal for a c15 or mr7084 or similar with the little buttons to replace the glass. Side question are c15 end rials a good substitute for the mr7084 end rails??
  5. c-atle-79bay

Munger Electronics SLT-12

For posterity, a set for sale locally but thought I'd share since the provided such good images. Calrad drivers which seem to have a following. I'm not the seller nor a buyer, well, maybe but likely not we'll see how I feel in an hour or 2. Made in Seattle, looks like off Ainsworth. I...
  6. c-atle-79bay

Speaker Id #100

Not for sale, I just saw them in an add for some furniture and wanted to figure out what they are. That has got to be a speaker. I want to say they are KLH, but, can't even begin to know for sure.
  7. c-atle-79bay

Fisher 202T Help

Hi just grabbed a real nice one of these with the max-50. I can only get sound out of the monitor section. I can isolate mpx and the aux but am blends with mpx and aux too. I don’t have any output though, I just read on a long dead thread that the remote control was required for the output to...
  8. c-atle-79bay

Speaker ID request #99

Had to think of a better title and I hope I’ve not asked this question this many times. these are cut little bigger likely homemade but maybe not?
  9. c-atle-79bay

MAC1900 as Amp and Tuner

So, crazy idea, using a MAC1900 as an amp with a C15, and run the preamp out side to the C15 tuner input as, the tuner. I could set my source volume with the preamp section of the MAC1900, and I assume when using the amp input on the MAC1900 it's a fixed gain. I'm sure the MC122 is likely a...
  10. c-atle-79bay

Thomas SB-281 Speakers

Hi anyone with any experience with these or this brand of speaker? I’ve watched a set languishing on CL for years now. They don’t look like much
  11. c-atle-79bay

Another ID request please

These are likely just a meh production speaker, but perhaps not. Any idea what they are? TIA.
  12. c-atle-79bay

Coaxial Driver ID help Please

These are near me, not needed, but always fun.
  13. c-atle-79bay

Klipsch Heresy II Signature Edition Value

Hi All, been wanting to try a set of Heresy speakers for awhile now. I found a pair of Heresy II Signature Editions which look to be in excellent condition, clean no WATER stains, grills in good shap, with some old tape marks on the side that have not been removed "yet", which means they have...
  14. c-atle-79bay

European Speaker ID help Please

Hi all, anyone have a notion of what these speakers are? Thanks
  15. c-atle-79bay

Speaker ID please

I missed these but curious what they may be.
  16. c-atle-79bay

Driver identification

I’ve discovered that my Snell type J/III have it sometime gotten a different woofer could someone help me identify these please. I tried to take them out but they are glued in right, and of course in the process I ripped the surround thanks to the person on craigslist told me these were wrong.
  17. c-atle-79bay

PCW Acoustics Tacoma Wa

Has anyone heard of this company? They were in Tacoma off Spokane ST. I've found one audiogon post discussing them https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/any-info-on-pcw-model-900-speakers , thinking about a road trip for the ones I've attached. Model is a 650II What caught my attention was...
  18. c-atle-79bay

RAA1 Cable

Does anyone have a part number or know how to search for what the name of the plug on the RAA1 side of the cable is? I can see it’s. 5 pin board connector with terminal screws. But beyond that I’m Only getting close but no great matches. The 7 pin DIN side is easy. thanks
  19. c-atle-79bay

Tool Identification

Hi all can you help me I’d this tool please. It’s about 2.5 inches long. My dad was a dairy maintenance man for 30 years and had a general collection of electrical items. He was a great resource growing up taught me to be a maker!
  20. c-atle-79bay

Rectilinear iii highboy modded

I’m thinking about throwing it on these clearly they’ve been modeled with the two tweeters on the lower half not sure I would’ve put them there myself but what do I know. Anybody have thoughts on how this will change the sound of the speaker? I’m assuming it’s the same on both
  21. c-atle-79bay

Omni Directional DIY with 30" woofers

Found these on a local sales site, no plan to buy them but looked cool enough to share and they have 30" woofers.
  22. c-atle-79bay

Speaker ID Please

Can't make these out, but close enough to me to just get a furious headshake from my spouse.
  23. c-atle-79bay

Phase Tech PC60 Questions

First off, I'm really enjoying these speakers, I got them free with the PC50 sub, and are almost as new, grills were never used, and one faint water stain, they have displaced my buchardt s400s for now at least, we'll see how they look when the rose colored glasses come off. They are a version 1...
  24. c-atle-79bay

Onkyo D-77RX Value

Not a common speaker in the US, wondering if anyone here has heard them and has any idea of the value. At this time i'm looking at $400 for a good condition pair. Thanks
  25. c-atle-79bay

McIntosh Voltage Change

I may be needing to switch my C15 and MC122 to 240 volt for Germany, when changing the bulbs in the C15 I noticed a board with spades and various combos of 100,120,220 and 240, I did not take a pic, but found one online granted you can't read it. On the mc122 I found an image and it looks to...
Back
Top Bottom