Search results

1. lissenup

Boston Acoustics A200

Picked up a set of near mint A200’s in oak finish last night. Cabinets in great shape, woofers have been re-foamed at some time and still feel ok, grills are in great shape except previous owner changed colour of grill from original light colour to black, and all drivers look to be in great...
  2. lissenup

Sansui FM low pass filter

Picked up a non working Sansui TU-S7. The right channel FM low pass filter was somehow demolished, hanging on the board by one pin. The filter is beyond repair. My question: Is it possible to recreate a filter to match the working left channel? Anyone know of a source for a replacement? Or...
  3. lissenup

Magnepan MG1 Improved

I just picked up a pair of these in pieces. Everything is complete except for the bases. Can someone tell me the correct dimension and shape on the factory bases? Also roughly how much of the base is in front of the speaker and how much is behind. Greatly appreciated. These speakers will be...
  4. lissenup

1972 Klipschorns

Picked these up yesterday. All original except for a laminate job done by a previous owner. Other than that they appear to be untouched. Now cleaning out 51 years of dust and webs and considering options for performance and cosmetic improvements. We’ll see how they compare to the Cornwalls...
  5. lissenup

Marantz 2270 right channel distortion

I hope everyone is not getting tired of 2270 threads but I thought I would start another one with my problem. I bought a near mint 2270 with a wood case at a thrift about a month ago. The unit worked but with some lights out, arcing power switch, and some distortion on the right channel. I...
  6. lissenup

Re-wired Acurus 200x3

A number of years ago I picked up a stash of equipment that included a pair of Acurus 200x3 power amps. They were rewired to allowing each of the the three power amp channels wired back to one RCA input. The previous owner then used one 3 channel amp for each B&W 800 Matrix speaker, tri-amping...
  7. lissenup

New to me KG3.5’s

Picked up a nice pair of KG3.5’s for a c-note. These things rock. Something about an 8”, 2 way speaker that makes me smile. Anyone do any mods on these? Are they worth spending money on mods or are the improvements only marginal.
  8. lissenup

Technics SP10 MK2 setup complete

Back in 2018 I took delivery of one of the first SP10R’s available in Canada. I had it set in my Technics SP10 MK2 obsidian plinth and enjoy it immensely to this day. Shortly after, I started on a project to complete a setup based around the older SP10 MK2 motor unit. Well, finally after four...
  9. lissenup

Crossover part help required

I am thinking of upgrading components in a B&W crossover. Can someone tell me what the small brown box located next to the Bennic cap is? The only marking is 001/04. Bypass cap? Value?
  10. lissenup

SMAHL’s

I am going to bite the bullet and equip my Cornwall 1’s with the MAHL tweeter. My question: Is there any performance difference between the aluminum version vs. the wood version?
  11. lissenup

Iso Pucks for Technics SH-10B3 plinth feet

Thought I’d try something today and boy did it work out. I have a Technics SP10R motor unit mounted in the SH-10B3 plinth. I know this plinth could be improved on and I have heard that the original feet definitely should be replaced. Today I thought I would try some ISO Pucks I had laying...
  12. lissenup

Forte 1 purchase

I picked up this set of Forte 1’s. Cabinets in good structural condition. Look all original on the inside. Labels on the back are missing so do not know serial numbers or manufacturing date. I am wondering if the cabinet finish is factory or if a previous owner did some refinishing. Looks...
  13. lissenup

Cornwall 1 and Type B or B-2 crossover?

I have a pair of stock 1976 Cornwall 1’s with the exception of new capacitors on the Type B crossovers. I have an opportunity to try the B-2 crossover. Anyone have experience with using the B-2 on Cornwall 1’s?
  14. lissenup

Conrad Johnson MV55 triode conversion

Hoping someone can help here. Seems to be some information available but can’t seem to get a definitive conclusion and seem to get conflicting comments. I have owned this amp since the 90’s and it has always run in ultralinear mode. I want to try in triode mode. My question: Is the only...
  15. lissenup

Ferrograph Series Seven

Just picked this for next to nothing. It’s missing a power cord and the two hubs or whatever you call them that keep the reels on. It’s in great cosmetic condition for its age, but have no idea as to the operational condition. Any thoughts if this unit qualifies for a restoration?
  16. lissenup

Designer Lloyds?

Anyone seen this set-up before? Not great electronics but striking design IMO.
  17. lissenup

Dynaco A25 help

I received a pair of A25’s from my brother-in-law that I want to clean up and do a bit of a restoration. He had them since new (70’s?) and mentioned to me he had the woofers repaired. I got them home and checked and found the woofers were not repaired but were replaced. When I checked I was...
  18. lissenup

Klipsch Cornwall 1 current value

Hi, I am considering a pair of Cornwall 1’s in birch. In really nice shape, all original, mid 70’s build. Looking for comments on the current pricing for something like this. $1500 USD in the ballpark? Thanks for any input.
  19. lissenup

Pre-amp with two power amps

I have a question I feel I should know the answer but looking for validation. I am using a Aragon pre-amp which has 2 pre-outs. I want to run one pre-out to a power amp that powers my B&W speakers, and the other pre-out to another power amp that powers my Altec speakers. I will power up either...
  20. lissenup

Nakamichi 582 brought to life

A few years back I purchased a Nak 582 locally. I briefly auditioned it before I bought and it seemed to work well enough for the asking price. Got it home and the first tape I inserted was devoured like a dog on a bone. During that event somehow the playback head shorted on one channel...
  21. lissenup

Sanyo Plus basement workshop system

These pieces have been in storage for the past few years but I thought I would bring them out to create my workshop system. One amp, the pre, the tuner and the timer were the first pieces I picked up that got me hooked on vintage. The system powers up my JBL 4311’s. I know the Pioneer does...
  22. lissenup

Nikko Gamma V issue

I picked up a non working Gamma V a few days ago. Opened it and noticed signs of heat and bad caps in the power supply section. Replaced all EC’s on this board as well as all caps on the IF and MPX sections. Now the tuner makes music and sounds wonderful - most of the time. Periodically...
  23. lissenup

Nakamichi 582

I have a Nakamichi 582 that recently destroyed a tape. Not sure what happened but the tape became almost shredded and spiraled like twine leaving a bunch of tape flakes in the tape path. Now the left channel just give hum and static. I have run tapes through the machine since while trying to...
  24. lissenup

Aiwa LP-3000

Came across this in an antique store on my travels through Nevada. A 10 lb pick ax was resting on the tone arm. I have never seen this turntable before. Tried to make offer but the store owner said not for sale. Bummer. The thing weighed a ton. Anyone know anything about my close...
  25. lissenup

Festoon lamp for MR-7082

Can anyone provide the specs (voltage and amperage) for the festoon lamp that lights up the word "McIntosh" on the face plate on a MR-7082. Mine is burnt out and I have scoured the net but cannot come up with the answer. The original has no markings. Will a 6.3V LED work? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom