Search results

1. oldschoolpunk

A general question: why are so many dustcaps pushed in?

5 year old twins that soooo want to know how that sucker works. tannoy dust caps are really hard to find
  2. oldschoolpunk

Opinion on the System Audio SA210

I have the sa-205 I have the smaller 205’s, and have listened to the 210’s. Very,very nice mids, almost as good as my Tannoys’. The sound stage is small but the placement is good. Instrument separation is good for strings but starts getting a little weak on bass and drums with the 205’s but...
  3. oldschoolpunk

Worlds most expensive B&W 703's

I was shopping for some B&W's but I think I will pass on this pair :scratch2: http://cgi.ebay.com/B-W-703-Speakers-Rosenut-Wood-AS-NEW-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ5803996604QQcategoryZ14993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  4. oldschoolpunk

Coupling capacitor values vs. low frequency response question ?

Thanks guys! I had not taken in to account that even though the output tubes could handle it that it could drive the transformers into over saturation. Thankfully caution won when I place the call for parts today and I went with orginal values. I did order two sets of values for the cathode...
  5. oldschoolpunk

Coupling capacitor values vs. low frequency response question ?

As my first venture in a long time back into tubes I am recapping a small 6bq5 se. The coupling caps between the driver (12ay7) and the 6bq5 are only .02uf@1000vdc. In searching the web I found a lot of old amps that use a smilar small value coupling cap for both hifi and guitar ( my amp is...
  6. oldschoolpunk

Before I blow myself up maybe I should ask a question or two!

All the caps are king (never heard of them before) but there are two ground couplings caps that are elna paper and oil on the tone controls .002uf 400v. The only thing the two channels share are the power supply and the 12ay7 other they that they built both circuits isolated.
  7. oldschoolpunk

Thanks Thatch! I am going to replace all the cap, for coupling caps between the ay and the 6bq5 I was thinking of Hovland Music caps, do these make good coupling caps? There is a tone pot and it has carbon drop resistors I was going to replace those. On pin 3 of the 6bq5 (cathode) there is...
  8. oldschoolpunk

Two more pics From the back and another bottom pick.
  9. oldschoolpunk

I have been thinking of a small system for the bedroom ( I wanted to move the ohm f's in there but the wife thought they should have there own room ;-). After some listening and reading I wanted to go small tube and open baffle speakers. I found a used 6bq5 se using a 12ay7 driver and a 6ca4...
  10. oldschoolpunk

Ever seen a 6.5 voice coil dome woofer ?

I keep looking at them, with that dispertion pattern would you mount then firing up ? I think you would get huge floor reflection otherwise.
  11. oldschoolpunk

Ever seen a 6.5 voice coil dome woofer ?

Might have been a Fostex prototype that never got built. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3276&item=5747112305&rd=1
  12. oldschoolpunk

Vintage pieces crapping out- a rant

Sigh I finally bought some new solid state When marantz 1152dc went on its third trip to the repair shop in 7 years right before xmas I broke down and bought a Marnatz pm7200 to stand in. It took forever to break in, sounds fairly musical, but lacks the detail of the 1152dc. I would say it is...
  13. oldschoolpunk

Sansui tube mono block tube amp on ebay.

Did you guys see this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058899945&category=3284&rd=1 Should make a great center channel amp. any ideas on what year ? Anyone have another one ?
Back
Top Bottom