Search results

1. Badger

Help with E&L Cadet 2 Bread Board

I recently bought a used breadboard for prototyping circuits off E Bay. The E&L Cadet 2 I bought was in good condition and has analog and digital accessories for working on circuits. It has a built in function generator that puts out sine, square and triangle waves. The generator worked...
  2. Badger

CR-3020 FM alignment

Adjusting L5 seems to have done the trick, chazix. Now on to distortion and separation tests. Thanks for your help. ( I went to high school in Billerica, Ma.) Still miss it.
  3. Badger

CR-3020 FM alignment

Thanks for your input, Chazix. The dial cord is correct and has the proper travel from the low end to the high end. L5 was my guess as to where to try to adjust the position, but I needed some reassurance from someone with more experience before I started turning things. I'll give that a try...
  4. Badger

CR-3020 FM alignment

I dug my Yamaha CR-3020 out after being in storage over 12 years. I'd forgotten how heavy they are. I fired it up on a DBT and although it came on without issue, there was considerable distortion. I recapped the main power board, both driver boards and the tuner board, along with the routine...
  5. Badger

Help needed with old Pace PPS-200c desoldering station

As a follow up, I want to post the problem is solved. Although I couldn't ever find info on the PPS-200c, I went to paceworldwide.com and found manuals for other units in which I found similarities. By cross referencing and guessing, I traced the problem to the start relay. Seems the relay...
  6. Badger

Here’s a few images of what I’m dealing with. I have plenty more and will take more views if it helps. Thanks for any information you can provide. Bruce
  7. Badger

Thanks Will do tonight
  8. Badger

Ok, I'm hardheaded. I refuse to give up on my old Pace stations. I've got like 4 and just bought a PPS-200c because it had a sensatemp so I could check what temp I'm putting on my boards. I could buy newer units, but I've got all the handpieces for the old units. Anyway, it works, but the...
  9. Badger

Double Transistor 2SA798: Is There a Replacement?

TupolevFan was kind enough to send me four of the adapters he had made. I'm still having issues with the pre-amp I'm working on, but I wanted to post some pictures to show how easy it is to replace these transistors. Thanks Tupolev.
  10. Badger

Double Transistor 2SA798: Is There a Replacement?

Saw this post and I ordered both products from DigiKey for a Setton PS-5500 preamp I'm working on. Ten transistors, two adapters and shipping for under $15. Hope they work. How'd your SU-8600 turn out?
  11. Badger

Sony PA-8750 X-Tal voltage

Thanks for your thoughts, Harolda. I've recapped the X-Tal board and the large caps of the servo board. That got the strobe light working. I've resoldered the through pins and cleaned the alps speed and X-Tal switches. The speed is dead on for 33.3 and 45 rpm when the lock is off...
  12. Badger

Sony PA-8750 X-Tal voltage

I have a beautiful PA-8750 table I've been working on. As with most of these I've read about, the neon light didn't work and the X-Tal setting runs fast. I've read every thread I could find on the fixes to get the X-Tal to lock on and I've fixed all the other issues. My problem is that I know...
  13. Badger

Sansui G9700 soft start resistor?

Up and running. Replacing R612 brought it back to life but right channel is weak. I was able to set the DC offset and bias with the volume off, but as I raise the volume the right channel voltage between the emitter terminal of TR02 and TR03 rises at about 3 times the rate of the left channel...
  14. Badger

I have the TO3 type transistors. Wondered why the schematic listed two transistors for each one shown;)
  15. Badger

You read my mind on my next question. Thanks again.
  16. Badger

R612 is open. That's the good news. But the right channel output transistors are gone too. It could have been worse. Thanks avionic.
  17. Badger

Thanks, I thought it might be R612 after I saw it on the schematic. I'll check it tomorrow and report my findings. Thanks for the fast response everyone.
  18. Badger

I have a mint G9700 receiver that was in storage for many years. A local audio store has helped me sell a few of my receivers and this one was being demonstrated to a potential buyer. My understanding is that it went dead and they thought it blew a fuse. They sent it to a local guy here...
  19. Badger

Help with Sencore SG165 meter

It seems to be a useful piece of equipment and I plan to use it first on a Technics 5770 receiver I have on my bench if I can ever get the thing to come out of protection mode.:idea:
  20. Badger

I do have a schematic I found online and the meter circuit looks relatively straight forward. But there are a ton of wires attached to two switches that are a little hard to get to. I've got them pulled out a bit and can test them better now. I don't trust my old multi-meter and have a new...
  21. Badger

Thanks, chazix. Yeah, it just bugs me to see one meter moving and the other not. I can still do a lot with it and I will, but I hope someone has an idea how to get it going. As for the 39G45 probe; what do people house them in? 1 inch PVC pipe or is there something better?
  22. Badger

Well, I recently bought a Sencore SG165 Stereo Analyzer to tweak some of the receivers I've been collecting over the years. It has all of the probes except the 39G45 and I've got the manual to show how to make that. I felt pretty good about my purchase until I tried to do a separation test and...
  23. Badger

External power supply (YOP-1) for Yamaha GT-2000

Ok, I'm convinced I should run the table on 100V. But, can anyone tell me why a corporation like Yamaha would build a table to be run on 100v but put a plug on it that is only compatible with a 125v outlet? Where's the logic in that? Like I said, I've bought a convertor to take the line...
  24. Badger

External power supply (YOP-1) for Yamaha GT-2000

This brings up a question I have about my GT2000. I know these tables were designed to run on 100V for the Japanese market and weren't distributed to the states. My table has the badge on the back stating 100V 7W but the electrical cord which appears to be original, has 125V plainly embossed...
  25. Badger

Yamaha YP-D8 Help needed: auto stop doesn't work

I'm having similar problems with my table. The autolift circuit kicks in immediately when the speed/power button is pressed. I've checked all the transistors and resistors and replaced the capacitors but the problem persists. Haven't checked the diodes yet. If D210 was bad could that cause...
Back
Top Bottom