Search results

1. VinylEargasm

Help me ID this turntable so I can win it!

I can win this turntable if I can correctly guess the make and model of it based on this crappy picture. Can any eagle eyes in here identify it? Thanks in advance.
  2. VinylEargasm

Calling all Yamaha cr-3020 owners

What's the going rate for a 3020 these days? (in good condition)
  3. VinylEargasm

Magnavox Tube Console? Worth checking?

Wow, some nice looking versions of that amp. Thanks for all the info everyone! Here's the thing. He's asking $150. I offered him $100 and he said he wouldn't take less than $125. Is that too steep? Maybe if it doesn't sell within a week or so he might consider my $100 offer. About how much would...
  4. VinylEargasm

Magnavox Tube Console? Worth checking?

Magnavox Tube Console? Worth checking out? I really know very little about old console stereos. I know they come up for sale a lot (usually non-functioning) but I don't see tube amp powered ones very often. This Magnavox console came up for sale locally and it appears to have a functional tube...
  5. VinylEargasm

My System

That is really awesome. Does it control your thermostat as well?
  6. VinylEargasm

Roughed up Walsh Ohms?

What is a good price on a pair of Walsh Ohms? I've always been intrigued by the Walsh speakers. A pair came up for sale locally for $175 but the enclosures are pretty roughed up and it appears to be missing the top speaker cover. Is that a good price for those in that condition? Any...
  7. VinylEargasm

TDL Monitor M transmission Line speakers?

Found a pair of these for sale locally. The seller said they are extremely rare and retailed for around $6,500 when they were new. They're apparently in great condition except for the supertweeters aren't functioning. Anyone ever listened to a pair of these? His asking price seems reasonable at...
  8. VinylEargasm

Naim Audio Cables?

I'll be the first to admit I know absolutely nothing about audio cable manufactures. I recently saw these Naim cables on Craigslist for $20 and they appeared to be higher quality than the generic ones I had been using. They guy ended up having 50+ feet of this cable (way more than I needed) but...
  9. VinylEargasm

Identify the Speaker?

I just google image searched Electrohome audio and found this sweet little set up. They made some cool looking speakers.
  10. VinylEargasm

B&W DM 3000 speakers

WOW, nice score!
  11. VinylEargasm

Griffin SP-4D "Hermophonic" Speakers?

A pair of these Griffin SP-4D Hermophonic Speakers popped up for sale locally with their original stands. I can't really find any information about them anywhere. I assume they are fairly rare? Anyone have a pair of these or know anything about them? What I know thus far is they were built in...
  12. VinylEargasm

John Lennon's killer denied parole, once again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/exclusive-mark-david-chapman-stay-prison-john-lennon-murder-parole-board-article-1.1913449 I have a feeling he's never seeing freedom. I guess you shouldn't murder amazing musicians for no reason. They should make him listen to 40 hours of...
  13. VinylEargasm

What's a good Technics SP10MKII go for?

There's a guy on my local craigslist who apparently was given a Technics SP10MKII with SH103B base and the original dust cover. He says he doesn't know what to ask for it but has $1000 on the listing. The only bad part is, he somehow lost the power supply. From what I've read, this model is the...
  14. VinylEargasm

Need a small, cheap amplifier for outdoor speakers

NAD 7120. Small size. Decent power output. Can be had for relatively cheap.
  15. VinylEargasm

Give me all the vinyl. ALL OF IT.

Bummer. I need to learn how to use the Search Forum function more effectively.
  16. VinylEargasm

Give me all the vinyl. ALL OF IT.

Anyone else see this article recently? This guy's collection is ludicrous. Uses a 25,000 square foot warehouse to store it. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/magazine/the-brazilian-bus-magnate-whos-buying-up-all-the-worlds-vinyl-records.html P.S - here's his top 10 rarest abums...
  17. VinylEargasm

Best Yard Sale day..EVER!

WOW! Why can't I ever find a vinyl sale like that... some day.
  18. VinylEargasm

Garage sale SCROE - AR4x!

I recently saw a pair of these speakers on craigslist that were in mint condition for $150. Are they worth checking out for that price?
  19. VinylEargasm

Yamaha HT Receiver as preamp?

I have a Yamaha RX-V3300 that I use for surround sound duties. Could this receiver also serve as a preamp for a separate stereo power amp? I'm trying to build my first dedicated 2 channel system but don't think I can afford the power amp and preamp at the same time. Was just wondering if I...
  20. VinylEargasm

B&O Beovox S45.2?

What type of power do they need to sound their best? Would be using them for listening to vinyl.
  21. VinylEargasm

Help me choose. Pioneer Elite, Yamaha, Marantz?

No, not necessarily. These just came up for sale a few days ago and they are priced very reasonably, so I feel like they'll be snatched up fairly quickly. I'm leaning towards the Pioneer Elite combo. I also think I would like having a vintage system with the Marantz. But, to find a matching...
  22. VinylEargasm

Help me choose. Pioneer Elite, Yamaha, Marantz?

I'm looking to start my budget stereo build for listening to vinyl only and there's quite a few nice amps in my price range available locally right now. I'd like to hear if anyone has an opinion/recommendations on these amps, positive/negative experiences... Until my other components are...
  23. VinylEargasm

B&O Beovox S45.2?

There's a pair of B&O Beovox S45.2's available near me with the original stands for $125. Would these be worth checking out? I haven't been able to find much about them.
  24. VinylEargasm

Pioneer Elite, Yamaha or Marantz?

I'm looking to start my budget stereo for listening to vinyl only and there's quite a few nice amps in my price range available right now. I'd like to hear if anyone has an opinion on these amps, positive/negative experiences... Until other components are upgraded, the amp will be powering...
Back
Top Bottom