Search results

1. claneg

2 questions regarding KA7100

That's the analog voltmeter impedance.
  2. claneg

Speaker "pop" on powerup - with working protection circuit/relay.

Sure, no cleaning needed on a new relay. Did you check the voltage on the relay coil? Would be interesting to see if it changes at first power on (pop) and at fast re-power on (5-10 seconds as you wrote in the first message). But first try the snubber across the power switch, even if its main...
  3. claneg

Speaker "pop" on powerup - with working protection circuit/relay.

Hi, since the pop happens at the relay closing, I would clean its contacts.
  4. claneg

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

If someone needs a new relay for the DP80 or the DP75, here's a solution: Denon DP80 relay subs
  5. claneg

My 2 cents: don't put a transformer close to the arm.
  6. claneg

Yes, the DP75 had various versions, with and without the voltage switch. You can see it in the schematics or in the Denon catalog available on Vinyl Engine.
  7. claneg

Kenwood KA 1000 Sigma Drive DC Offset Unstable

Great, you found the broken part! About transformers, you should be able to connect the transformer primaries so that to make the trasformer work at 240VAC (not with the switches 120/220). Broesel02 showed it on a KA701, if I remember well. Check the scematics, if I found the thread I post it.
  8. claneg

Kenwood KA 1000 Sigma Drive DC Offset Unstable

Hi Dune, did you followed the adjustment procedure as in the SM? There are 2 offset to adjust, the pre and the power section, all to be done within 1 minute after first amp power up. Regarding the filter caps voltage, keep in mind that you are supposed to read 62Vdc at the caps: using 63V...
  9. claneg

Kenwood Model 600 Capacitors Oddness

this should fit, at Mouser: 661-6D750MLN183TC79U
  10. claneg

Kenwood Model 600 Capacitors Oddness

Hi Kris, did you measure the capacitor (value, ESR, leakage)? You can even compare those values with the other cap you have, to have a complete vision.
  11. claneg

I would try to adjust VR1, might solve the problem in quartz mode going faster. If you have a 2 channel oscilloscope you can calibrate the DP80 speed; otherwise just put in quartz lock, 33RPM, move VR1 just a little bit either ways, while looking in the strobo, and see if get it locked.
  12. claneg

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

It's a Sony DAC and a Toshiba optic. https://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/the_complete_d_a_dac_converter_list/#K
  13. claneg

KA-7500 Fuse

Timed, that is slow blow. On the primary side of the transformer, a timed type is always used, otherwise the switch-on peak current would blow the fuse.
  14. claneg

Kenwood C2 transformer replacement

You need 4 wires.
  15. claneg

Those transformers has 2 secondaries, 15Vac each. Instead you need one secondary of 13VAC (12 it's ok too) and one of 22Vac (24 is ok too).
  16. claneg

From the schematics you posted, the secondaries colors are: black +red (22 VAC) and yellow+orange (13VAC).
  17. claneg

Kenwood L-07M Major Restoration with BOM

Looks like there is a sort of country blocking: if I turn on the my VPN, setted USA, pictures are visible.
  18. claneg

Kenwood L-07M Major Restoration with BOM

Hi all, it's just me that I can't see any of the posted images?
  19. claneg

Kenwood L-07M Listening Impressions...

Exactly Pablo: the Rotel uses the same transistors of the L07M II, and the latter was the more expensive. The L07M, title of this thread, is another story. It's pretty hard to find a vintage amplifier which transistors are still in production.
  20. claneg

Kenwood L-07M Listening Impressions...

The L07M II uses the 2sc2337a/2sa1007a. The first version of L07M has different transistors. The L07M II costed more than the rotel: https://audio-database.com/TRIO-KENWOOD/amp/l-07mii.html
  21. claneg

Help with KA 8300

Hi Jason, it's more a Home theater setup, 2 front speaker-one center speaker- a subwoofer, 3.1 type. You should use a HT amplifier to hook all of them. For stereophonic music, you should use 2 speakers. If you want more bass, hook up the subwoofer. I would do this way: KA8300 A channel, the KG...
  22. claneg

Kenwood KA-8100 issues

Low leakage capacitor are used as decoupling, that is follow the schematics signal travel (the bold line) and all the capacitor in series with the signal has to be low leakage type. Elna Silmic, Nichi UFG or even Nichicon BP are a good choice. Or you could even use polyester type, till 10uF...
  23. claneg

Kenwood KA 4002A arching power switch?

Another way to prevent arching on power switch, is to place an antiarching RC on its terminals. Even a C (x2 type) works. Kenwood and others were used to place a ceramic cap (2Kv capable) on the KA-x100 series and on. Of course first thing to do, as rschweitzer pointed out, is to...
  24. claneg

Kenwood KA-8100 issues

Well, you have to imagine that all the not voltage stabilized components of the amplifier will be powered with more voltage, not just the capacitors that you will substitue with higher voltage ones. Your amp is around 50 years old, give him some help! :)
  25. claneg

Kenwood KA-8100 issues

Hi Dom, check your tranformer type (your should be W type): you might use 120+120=240. Broesel02 showed this connections on a KA701 amplifier, very useful. I used myself.
Back
Top Bottom