Search results

1. dinglebeer

Hooking up studio monitors

Thanks for the link. I am using a headphone dual 1/4 splitter.It does have effects but it's the same with them off.
  2. dinglebeer

I tried to answer last night but my computer was having problems. They are active and the model is Yamaha HSM50. I am using a Creative Xfi and a laptop with them. The volume issue has been resolved, it was the Xfi. However, the squelch/feedback type noise remains.
  3. dinglebeer

I can't wire them directly as they only have XLR and 1/4 inch jacks.Thanks for the suggestion anyway, I appreciate it.
  4. dinglebeer

I bought them secondhand, and the eq is set to flat.I did get a short demo of them, which consisted of a drum loop played through a sampling workstation and they aren't blown.
  5. dinglebeer

I just bought a pair and expected them to work the same as my Audioengines but with a 1/4 jack instead of Rca jacks.Unfortunately this was not the case, and I not only get very little sound out of them, I also get some weird feedback sort of noise as well.Any suggestions are appreciated.
  6. dinglebeer

Quantnum Physics & Audio

Do tell, and how is it that people with brain damage lose various mental functions including their memories? How about memories being stimulated by a probe touching various areas of the brain? I'm open to the fact that we have a lot to learn about the world but I don't believe for a second that...
  7. dinglebeer

Computer speaker recommendations (or - Klipsch ProMedia is gone?!!!)

I recently switched from minimus 7's to Audioengine A2's for my satellites. They are paired with a Velodyne microvee and do the trick for me.
  8. dinglebeer

Headphone/Tabletop Amp recommendations.

The above amp won't run the speakers so it won't fit the bill. I've heard good things about the Nu-Force Icon and am contemplating getting one myself.
  9. dinglebeer

get the crap off your speakers.

I could care less if people use their speakers to put things on,as long as they don't put things on my speakers it doesn't affect me at all.
  10. dinglebeer

Can you power 4 ohm speakers with an 8/16 ohm receiver?

Some receivers can, the Luxman R-117 being one of them but I wouldn't do it with any lower end receiver and few mid-range units either.
  11. dinglebeer

Desparation at it's finest

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's making fun of the actual seller's ads, that's good stuff.
  12. dinglebeer

Luxman R-117 user manual

Could I possibly get a copy too? Thanks much if I can.
  13. dinglebeer

White Van Scammers Getting Nasty on Boston CL

Would number 6 not apply being as they do they say the product is of a far greater quality than it actually is?
  14. dinglebeer

Poor gadget lover seeks help dealing with passing on holiday sales....

These are all quotes from a few of your posts. Like I said, I really feel sorry for you. I have a MC8 Processor and the RT10 disc player....My speakers (VMPS FF3 SRE) in my signature to see are 68in tall 18in wide and weigh 310lb each. My back up pair (Innersound Eros MKII...
  15. dinglebeer

Poor gadget lover seeks help dealing with passing on holiday sales....

Yep, sucks that you have so much money and still blow it all. Poor guy :tears:
  16. dinglebeer

It is odd, but not peculiar

It is shine but not sun?
  17. dinglebeer

Brianna Garcia

Brianna Garcia
  18. dinglebeer

Speakers over 100lbs. Who has and loves them?

To have big subs that otherwise wouldn't fit in the vehicle.
  19. dinglebeer

Single channel power amps?

I've got a Carver monoblock PA amp that puts out 1200 watts into 2 ohms, and it will power just about any kind of speakers I've ever heard of.
  20. dinglebeer

Satriani Sues Coldplay

If the song sounds so much like his song then how how does that make sense to you? I admit I like them.
  21. dinglebeer

Luxman R-117 at local thrift

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it'll be gone by the time you get back to it.
  22. dinglebeer

SVS PB12 Plus/2, opinions wanted

I am contemplating getting one and want to know what people on AK think of it or similar models. I know SVS is well regarded but want more of people's actual experiences than a review in a professionals listening environment.
  23. dinglebeer

Good computer speakers for music?

What is Velodyne Microvee Alex?
  24. dinglebeer

LUXMAN M-02 Power Amplifier

It's in Victoria, on a local buy and sell site.If this is moved to D&S I'll give you the link, otherwise you can find it fairly easily I think.
  25. dinglebeer

LUXMAN M-02 Power Amplifier

There's one of those near me along with the C-02 for two and a half cabbage. I don't feel the urge to pull my cabbage from the dirt quite yet though.
Back
Top Bottom