Search results

1. quigz1968

Admittedly I Bought Into The Multibit Bull Schiit

Wow - the Modi MultiBit aka "Mimby" is quite a polarizing piece of Schiit! I read Amir's review and it almost prevented me from buying the Mimby. Glad I ignored it. Mimby sounds better than the Modi II Uber I had previously and better than the DAC in my Yamaha AS-801 amplifier. I don't...
  2. quigz1968

People are buying cassette tapes!

It's a good call out. Sony ES and the higher end Technics, Denon, Akai etc are fetching big bucks too. You are seeing working MR-1's sitting idle?:dunno: It's unfortunate. I have 5 high end cassette decks, 2 Nakamichi's, one Sony ES, a JVC and an ADS Bruan Atelier C2. All of them went into...
  3. quigz1968

B.J. Thomas Has Died

This is very sad. I lost my Mom recently to this dreadful disease.
  4. quigz1968

People are buying cassette tapes!

The OP mentions that Nak decks are priced like gold right now. I recently found this out the hard way, when my DR-3 died a miserable death. I went shopping on the "bay" for a new one and some of these prices are insane! Also insane are the prices I was quoted for repair and/or full...
  5. quigz1968

Todays METAL playlist

It sounds WONDERFUL. Very dynamic. Perhaps a bit more surface noise than I would prefer - maybe due to the colored vinyl. KD has stated that these 2020 reissues are not remasters, but rather an attempt to issue the recordings as dynamic as possible and that hits the nail on the head. I should...
  6. quigz1968

Todays METAL playlist

The new 2020 vinyl reissue of this one.
  7. quigz1968

Schiit Bifrost (non MB) or Schiit Modi MB??

Great thread. I have now read here and elsewhere, that the Modi 3 measures better than the more expensive Modi Multi Bit. Can anyone comment on how this actually translates to performance, specifically sound quality? For example, do we find the Modi 3 to sound better, less noise etc? Not a...
  8. quigz1968

Cleaned up quite nicely, Techincs SP10-MK2.

Absolutely AMAZING work! I wish I had just 15% of the OP's tech chops.
  9. quigz1968

Tall, thin floorstanders with great bass?

My Focal 826V Floorstanders deliver really good bass that belie the published specs. I got mine on clearance for $1500.
  10. quigz1968

Tell me about your Turntables..!!

Technics SL-M3....as seen in the stock photo of my avatar. Original owner, purchased in 1984.
  11. quigz1968

Biggest fish I've ever caught!

NICE! And the word on Walleye is - they are the best freshwater fish to eat. Did you fry that one up or get it mounted ?? :-)
  12. quigz1968

JICO SAS UPDATE...

Well, if production of the SAS is to be no more, this for me personally is very sad. I have the original boron SAS on a lowly Shure M92E cartridge and it was the best sound I ever heard via my setup. I had a malfunction with my turntable that caused the stylus to get damaged. So it appears if...
  13. quigz1968

What are you drinking now?

Paulaner Hefe-Weizen
  14. quigz1968

Mani, A Good Piece of Schiit?

Another satisfied customer here! I had an el cheapo phono stage connected to my basement system and the Schiit sounded so much better, you could have blindfolded me and told me you swapped out to a better turntable. Love it. And no issues with RFI like others have reported. HOWEVER, if my...
  15. quigz1968

Spin Clean Washing Fluid MK3

Yes indeed - my motion is always clockwise! :) That is great advice in regards to the cotton baby diapers! My wife is going to think I am crazy though :) Mind letting me know specifically which ones? I used the new MK3 fluid this weekend. Hard to tell if the results are any better/worse than...
  16. quigz1968

Friday Tunes

I am going to binge listen to the recent Michael Schenker Group vinyl reissues. I spot checked a few and these were done really nice and if the blurb on the inner sleeve is to be believed - cut from analog tapes.
  17. quigz1968

Not looking to spark a debate or anything, but it's enough of a problem that the SC site addresses it in their FAQ. Just Google the topic and you will see loads of threads addressing the issue. It's a real thing. I too did not believe this condition existed, until it started happening to me...
  18. quigz1968

Well, I just received a bottle of the MK3 cleaning fluid today and will report back with my findings. I am actually very curious about any perceived changes in the fluid, as I have a bit of a conspiracy theory :-) I wonder if this change was prompted (maybe only in part) by folks complaining...
  19. quigz1968

I was unaware they went to a MK3 cleaning fluid. I wonder what inspired the change and what exactly did change?
  20. quigz1968

P-Mount Cartridge Insanity and Reviews

No it does not. My Shure M92E with the appropriate (N92E) Jico SAS measures spot on from the back of the cart to the center of the diamond. This is probably luck more than anything else because when I emailed Jico about this, they told me in no uncertain terms that the SAS styli are not...
  21. quigz1968

Tutorial: fix the cue button on your Technics SL-M2 without disassembly

Yep.! Incidentally, this is NOT supposed to work, but it does. I was told by someone that these are tactile switches which means they are not "sprayable." I had an issue with both the stop/start button and cue button working intermittently. I thought I was out of luck. The DeOx method as...
  22. quigz1968

That darn little P-mount screw.....

Tell me about it :-) The screw that came with my SL-M3, for some reason would not tighten all of a sudden. I don't know if the threads got stripped or what. I started using the mounting screws that came with the AT carts. One night, I was futzing with the arm so long to get that darn screw...
  23. quigz1968

MoFi Record Brush Alleged Shedding - True?

I can't say I have had any issues with this brush. Replace the pads when they start to split/wear and you should be fine. I use it as a wet brush incidentally.
  24. quigz1968

New Technics ‘tables

Sexy. If I had 10 grand to burn this would be my 'table of choice.
  25. quigz1968

RIP Fast Eddie Clarke

This sucks. I loved Fastway, especially that first album. "We Become One!"
Back
Top Bottom