Search results

1. buckstir

Buckstir's Lounge ... latest lineup!

McIntosh C712 McIntosh MC7100 Denon DP1200 w/ Audio Technica ATOC9MLii Clearaudio Nano v2 phono pre Rega Apollo-R Rega DAC-R Nakamichi RX-505 Pure i-20 with iPod Parasound Ztuner Sony CX355 KEF Q350 inactive - Aragon 28k - PrimaLuna Prologue Five - Musical Fidelity A5 - Velodyne sub
  2. buckstir

Would You Pull This Trigger ? KEF LS50 $900 New

In a nutshell. KEF Q350's on Craigslist at $500 with factory Warranty. Call and ask how a warranty is possible. He says he is authorized KEF dealer and these are demos. From his basement! OK then, how about LS50's ? $900 shipped. New. Check KEF website and he is on their list. "HiFi Handyman"...
  3. buckstir

Tube label orientation in relation to socket ????

Scratching my head on this one. My Primaluna Prologue Five amp has the power tube socket guide pin slots at 12 o'clock. The 12au7 and 12ax7 sockets have the pin "gap" at 12 o'clock also. Got a quad of Gold Lion KT88s from Jim McShane... when installed the nice "Gold Lion" script and base...
  4. buckstir

Used Rega Apollo or new Schiit Modi Multibit Quandry

Currently have a nice Teac CD-H750 .... really no complaints ... it has an optical out ... it also bested a Cambridge Audio 840C head to head to my ears ... more body to the sound. Upgrade urge has infected my brain yet again! Have always been curious about the Rega Apollo ... can get a used...
  5. buckstir

The "Bold" title mystery!

Have started a few threads ... I see no option for "bold" in thread title box. I can bold easily in the text box. I can also underline. Or use italics. OR EVEN ALL THREE OPTIONS. Most titles are "bold" print .... 24 of 30 on page one of Barter Town Equipment! A moderator messaged me...
  6. buckstir

My First McIntosh .... MC250

Came with original box! Very clean and am pleased with the sound ... have never even heard one before ... but have wanted one for awhile. serial: 26L32 Any notion on year of manufacture? Recapped in December 2016 by Classic Audio near Portland .. receipt included. Should be good to go.
  7. buckstir

The Buckstir Listening Lounge!

Enjoying this hobby each and every day ......
  8. buckstir

ADS L1290's are here .... what to do next ???

Picked up these L1290 series-1 the other day. Impressed ... so much so, these will now be my number ones. Smooth to the ears ... no fatigue ...yet punchy in all the right places. Mids are dimpled ... presuming ferrofluid has leaked out. Tweeters look o.k. .... still "plump". In conversation...
  9. buckstir

2 local speakers ... Cornwall ll's or ADS L1290's

Have local access to the above ... same basic price range. The Cornwalls are 1970 vertical horn with cane cloth ... untested and look a little rough. The L1290's have a tweeter dome with a small dent and look good ... seller is an AK member. Have tube watts 35,40 or 50 per side. Have ss...
  10. buckstir

Free in a box ....Yamaha YP-701

So .... a month after shelling out $400 for a nice Pioneer PL-530 I had lusted after since new ... this is just left on my doorstep ... Yamaha YP-701 with an AT16s cartridge ... manual and goodie box with extra weights, record brush and assorted widgets. Very clean ... one tiny chip on plinth...
  11. buckstir

Sansui 5000x value? Need to make an offer.

Vietnam Vet bought this and a pair of Pioneer CS-A700's new in '70-'71 at a PX. The receiver is in beautiful cosmetic shape, the wood case close to pristine. It has the desirable 6013 boards.The speakers look brand new, can't find a lot go info on them. The Sansui needs most bulbs replaced and a...
  12. buckstir

Electro-Voice Wolverine LT-12's with pics ...

Scored a pair of EV Wolverine LT-12's circa 1966 from the postmark on the amp manuals. They have the 3-way eq switch and sound really sweet with my tube gear. They came in pretty cool home made cabinets ... with removable set on tops. I like the sound better with the tops off ... should I maybe...
  13. buckstir

Eico 2050 is alive as found!

Eico 2050 sitting in homemade cabinet with Electro-Voice Wolverine LS-12's and Garrard turntable. Hooked her up and after a few fidgets .... nice sound! From original owner ... kit built .. Eico branded 7591's. My first "find" ...... at a building supply business clear-out full of doors and...
  14. buckstir

Dynakit stereo 70 "bucking transformer".

Is it advantageous or desirable to add a bucking transformer to knock the voltage down for my stereo 70? It will receive a new quad cap and rebuilt driver board in a few weeks. The driver board retains the stock blueprint and 7199 tubes. Have read the approximately 125v from the outlet being...
  15. buckstir

Tube Quandry .. ST 70

Existing: two Marshall branded, one winged C, and one unmarked EL34's. Considering: RCA Fat Boy 6CA7's ... vintage ...test strong .. reputable AK'er Genelex KT77's .... reissue ...... new ... recommended by Jim McShane Tung-Sol...
  16. buckstir

My First ST 70 .... need opinions ... new updated pic. Mods complete update!

Bought this puppy off Craigslist for a decent enough price. I am hoping to do a few simple mods and work on my soldering skills and understanding ... for fun basically. If I get in over my head I can always have Blaine bail me out ( blhagstrom ). The ST 70 sounds pretty good as is .. I set bias...
  17. buckstir

ETLS .... a slam dunk!

Robert's grading is conservative and his album packaging shows above and beyond care. Will buy again ... without reservation.
  18. buckstir

Sidewinder Behavior

Bought a new, sealed copy of Lee Morgan's "Sidewinder" Blue Note 84157 Stereo 2012 reissue ...from CD Universe ( arrived with bent corner ) decided to give it a spin and live with the bent cover. Noticed a diminished left channel .. turned balance to full left ... definite problems ... static...
  19. buckstir

slowpat .... trusted seller .... thanks

Received a tuner well packed and in beautiful condition .... would buy again.
  20. buckstir

Yamaha c6 preamp color match?

Anyone know what model Yamaha tuner color matches my C6 preamp? Have a T-80 that is a darker black than the C6 ... starting to annoy me. Hoping the T-1 or T-2 with the dial is a match but having trouble telling from pics. The C6 is a "flatter" black for want of a better description.
  21. buckstir

ictwoody trusted seller

Bought some speakers from Woody ... he was a pleasure to work with and packed the speakers with extra care and caution ... everything went smoothly and as promised. Great AK'er.
  22. buckstir

New Rega P3 VS RP3

Was close to biting on a Rega RP3 .... noticed they are discounted now that the new Planar3 (P3) is shipping. The new edition runs $200 more than the discounted model. Anyone have any thoughts about the new arm and other improvements?
  23. buckstir

Help with BX-300 ...locked and wonky

Just got a Nak BX300 off A'gon...paid good money seller said it had new idler and was 100% sounded simply divine...was impressed Put in a pre-recorded tape last night, after maybe 20 seconds it just plain stopped. Play and stop lights now go back and forth with a mind of their own Tape is not...
  24. buckstir

DRecovery trusted seller!

Came through with a professionally packed and super sounding receiver. Survived a cross country trip with no problems whatsoever. Another fantastic Ak'er.
Back
Top Bottom