Search results

1. B

I need to Push-Start my Dual 510

Like the title says, I have to give my Dual 510 a decent push to get it to run. Once it starts running under its own power it gets up to the proper speed, (confirmed by the strobe) but I really shouldn't have to do this. The belt is brand new, and I put a few drops of 10W-30 down the bearing...
  2. B

Which one of the these tables would you choose?

I've got the following turntables that were given to me by a gentleman who had been hoarding them and decided to spread the wealth around, so to speak. Philips Automatic 22GA 146/427 - Needs new stylus. Pioneer Manual PL-12 D - Needs new stylus. Dual 510 - Needs new Motor, Stylus, and Wood...
  3. B

881 Owners. Can you help me out?

Ok, I'm about 3/4 of the way through recapping my 881 when something happened. I was holding onto a cap, I was using the soldering iron to probe it to make sure it was the right one, and I actually pulled the cap out while testing and even sealed behind it. :no: I mean perfectly sealed! I...
  4. B

Sansui 881 - Recapping (I'm going to do it!)

Two months ago I delved into the vintage audio world, and I'm forever sold. I picked up an 881 from an electronics bin at the dump. Cleaned it up, plugged it in, and it works . . . but there was a very loud and annoying buzz. I took some AK forum advice and after re-heating some ground...
  5. B

Sansui 881 - Left Channel Low Volume and Distortion

So I had a thread a month or two ago where I got some great advice on how to get rid of some loud humming. I'm hoping the forums work their magic again. My Sansui 881's left channel isn't working properly. The sound coming out of it is super low coming and distorted. The strange thing is...
  6. B

Sansui 881 Buzz

Picked a pretty mint Sansui 881 from an electronics bin at the dump. Took it home, cleaned it up, turned it on, and it works. . . except there is a buzz. A video I took of the issue: http://youtu.be/D6xyz9OIlao Nothing is hooked up to this, just two speakers. Doesn't matter if I turn it...
Back
Top Bottom