Search results

1. dan87951

Speakers for MC 452

I was never fan of the original Nautilus 804. I thought they were lacking in bass and were too bright for my ears. I did enjoy my Nautilus 803's very much and felt they were a giant leap forward when compared to the N804. Bowers & Wilkins has since polished the 804 starting with the S and...
  2. dan87951

Buying a used MX121 anything I need to know?

I love my MX121. It sounds remarkable for 2 channel audio and movies. Even the on screen menu is intuitive. Too bad I don't have tomorrow off. ;)
  3. dan87951

My brand new MX121 arrived today. Wow! Talk about a huge difference from my 13 year old SSP I was using. I can't believe I waited this long to upgrade. (ignore the mess, i'm still cleaning up after completely taking everything apart to install the new MX121)
  4. dan87951

I pulled the trigger on a new MX121 for $3k! Wow! Thanks again leftside for telling me about it.
  5. dan87951

Thanks for the feedback! It was very helpful!
  6. dan87951

I just searched the classifieds and couldn't find it. If you can send me the link of the new one it would be much appreciated!
  7. dan87951

Who is the guy that is selling the new ones? I don't like to purchase from people on audiogon or eBay. I prefer to pay a few hundred more and buy one from a reputable dealer.
  8. dan87951

I recently purchased a set of Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamonds (D2) that are currently being powered by a McIntosh MC402. I'm in desperate need of a new SSP and was thinking of a MX121. Would a MX121 make a good dual purpose music/movies SSP? Is it true the MX121 is very similar to the AV7005? Does...
  9. dan87951

Early McIntosh Advertising.

Wow! That is pretty cool!
  10. dan87951

DC Offset

Anyone else have a MC402? I'm curious what kind of DC offset numbers you are getting. I have one channel (left) at 13mv and another at around 6.8mv (right). Should I be worried? I also have one channel (right) that is 2-3db louder than the left according to my SPL meter. The reason I checked it...
  11. dan87951

The new toy is here!

Anyone else have a MC402? I'm curious what kind of DC offset numbers you are getting. I have one channel (left) at 13mv and another at around 6.8mv (right). I know this is still below audible but thought the tolerances would be a little closer between channels. I also have one channel (right)...
  12. dan87951

The new toy is here!

Very cool! 993, last of the air cooled 911's. Don't see to many 968's either.
  13. dan87951

The new toy is here!

Thanks for the kind words fellas! Yes I like automobiles/bikes/stereos. My wife says i'm trapped in a 18 year old body, I guess there is some truth to that.. There older Porsches guys nothing new (dream cars from when I was a kid) -- I have two 928's and a 944 Turbo. I enclosed a picture of...
  14. dan87951

Replacing glass faceplate: help needed!

I would probably shoot audio classics a email or phone call. I'm sure they would have no problem giving you some pointers.
  15. dan87951

AUDIO CLASSICS - Wow what a day!!

Sweet picture!
  16. dan87951

Bridged MC252's vs MC501's

I would at least get one with the quad balanced technology! The MC252 is a great amp for its price point though! MC402 seems to be a pretty good bargain currently!
  17. dan87951

The new toy is here!

Wgrr, Wow, guess I got lucky! To be honest I have had better luck with the FedEx over UPS so I know a little of that pain you feel! Couldn't imagine going through what you did though..! The amplifier is finally in the man cave and breaking her in! It sounds wonderful! The bass definitely seems...
  18. dan87951

The new toy is here!

Guess what came by UPS today? My new MC402 came today so excited to get it hooked up and try it out! It's definitely a lot heavier than I thought! :thmbsp:
  19. dan87951

AUDIO CLASSICS - Wow what a day!!

If I ever plan a trip I'm definitely making sure my rainy day fund is good and stocked! Glad you had a good time! Did you meet Mike?
  20. dan87951

Best way to ship a 120LB Amplifier?

I have a Classe CA-301 Amplifier that needs to be shipped in for service and trying to find the most reasonable/safe method for shipping. I'm afraid FedEx can't handle a package like this even though it has to travel from Michigan to NY. Has anyone had any good luck with a freight service? Any...
  21. dan87951

US Mc Prices and discounts?

Just google the unit your into with a "MSRP" on the end and that usually brings up the prices. Discounts are rare unless they are discontinued items.
  22. dan87951

bubble prevention?

Do share! :)
  23. dan87951

My 2 channel & Home theater system

Sweet setup!
  24. dan87951

Audio Classics

I have mainly bought speakers from AC and their packaging is always excellent! The condition is always better than expected! They are a real stand up crowd over there and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them! I finally decided to buy a Mac from them to see what all this fuss was about since my...
  25. dan87951

Hello from Michigan

Just bought my first McIntosh MC402 from AC and can't wait to give it a run. Whole reason for the switch was my disappointment with my Classe amplifier. The amp fried on me after only 7 years of use and dealer told me this was a normal life span for an amplifier of this caliber. After an...
Back
Top Bottom