Search results

1. paul_ral

Pioneer TX-5A tube tuner rescue

Hi! I bought it from German ebay, I knew it is defective but i will try to repair. I think it is a rare piece of Pioneer tube tuners. I tested and it works only in mono mode. I search in MPX module and I found that 38KHz coil is damaged, all wires are cut inside and have no continuity. It is...
  2. paul_ral

Pioneer TX-5A rescue

Hi! I bought it from German ebay, I knew it is defective but i will try to repair. I think it is a rare piece of Pioneer tuners. I tested and it works only in mono mode. I search in MPX module and I found that 38KHz coil is damaged, all wires are cut inside and have no continuity. It is...
  3. paul_ral

Philips 22AH380 in protection

I have a beautiful 22AH380 on my bench with 22AH180 tuner and 22AH280 preamplifier, so entire Black Tulip line. I recapped all but I have a problem with power amp. As I said before, it was recapped, I changed two power outputs (2SD732 leakage). I can adjust DC out voltage and BIAS voltagen as in...
  4. paul_ral

Marantz 2216

I have an old Marantz 2216 of a friend of mine on the work bench. Tuner is not working, a lot of hum, all lamps are gone I checked PS voltages and I found J808 51V, (52V in SM) J810 16V, (33.7V in SM) J813 11.3V, (14V in SM) J814 10.3V, (10v in SM) The PS board is covered by glue and I suppose...
  5. paul_ral

Pioneer SX-770 rescue

I bought it for cheap to make pair with his little brother SX-440 I restored here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-sx-440-restoration.816427/ SX-440 SX-770 (pics from seller) It was very dirty inside and some capacitors looks to be changed. I bring it home and I was...
  6. paul_ral

Marantz model 29 project

After some Pioneer restoration (SA-500A, SA-1000 and SX-727) it is time to return to my first love: Marantz. And is time for a new project too. I want to restore my old Marantz model 29, a rare unit for German market according a few sources. I think these are right because of DIN sockets from...
  7. paul_ral

Pioneer SA-1000

After SX-727 and SA-500A it seems I am falling in love with Pioneer. I found this SA-1000 on local market and I bought it cheap. It is in good condition at the first sight, just one missing knob cover and a few scratches on front pannel, but I could live with. The wood cover is in great...
  8. paul_ral

Pioneer SA-500A (return to Silmic)

New Pio in the house. I bought this little SA-500A cheap, in working condition, reading 15,5mV on left channel and 12.4mV on the right. There are no infos about BIAS settings, so I think 15mV I have in is the right value. Of course, it will be recapped. I usually use Nichicons for recapp, but I...
  9. paul_ral

Pioneer SX-727 Phoenix

I bought this receiver few days ago. The seller told me one channel is dead, somne knobs are missing. He send me two pictures and that is all It as very, very dirty inside, I found some mud and rust on chassis And now, a big surprise I like the fuse style I think it will be a hard...
  10. paul_ral

HH Scott 342-B/13

I found a rare (in my country) Scott 342-B/13 who came from Germany (from scrap I believe). No sound from right channel, damaged dial housing and broken dial string mount, hum on working channel. But he fights to survive: Outputs transistors and non-original fuse holder on right channel...
  11. paul_ral

Fisher TX55 restoration

Found the TX55 in defective condition, I am waiting for pick up. I think is rare, this is reason why I bought it.
  12. paul_ral

Pioneer SX-440 restoration

This is my first Pioneer restoration and I choose a little nice receiver that I bought today: Pioneer SX-440. I fall in love for it's McIntosh look and was cheap. It is in working condition, with good alignment and good reception without antenna. Only dial lamps are gone. These are Stanley 6,3V...
  13. paul_ral

Marantz SM500DC

I bought it for 40 euro in working condition. I like it, I also have another 4 pieces from this slim series: ST520 tuner, EQ20 and AT6 digital timer. I am looking for his pair - SC500 preamp. My plan is to change all electrolytic capacitors, and use some WIMA and Kemet ones.
  14. paul_ral

Marantz car 3202 - great find

Searching on local market site I found this beauty. I think is very rare in our days, only few infos and pictures of it. According to 81 Marantz catalogue this unit was on the base of car radiocassette player production. It needs to be clean and lube the internal...
  15. paul_ral

Model 29 in my collection

Found this beauty on local market, I think is a great chance to have it here, on AK forum. It cost arround 60$, in my country old things are a bit expensive. According to some sources it was made only for german market and is a rare unit with 3 bands: LW/MW/FM. It has minor scratches on front...
  16. paul_ral

115B dial diffuser: how hard is to find?

Yesterday I got my first true Marantz unit: 115B tuner. It is working fine, but previous owner changed the dial lights and putted inside a neon tube, cutting all wires for all indicators. I heard this is a rare unit and I suppose that finding a new dial diffuser and its board is very hard...
  17. paul_ral

Broken VFD on Marantz AT 6

Recently I bought an audio timer Marantz AT6 as a last piece of my Marantz tower. It comes with broken VFD which is made by Futaba and his code is 5LT02/02M. This VFD has AM and PM digits. I found on net the schematic diagram for another audio timer, Sansui AT 20, which is similar with AT...
  18. paul_ral

Marantz SD 8020 - mission impossible?

Hi, I' m new on this forum and I' m a big fan of vintage Marantz from '80. I found a SD 8020 2 speed compudeck, but isn't in a good condition. The owner told me that the cover has been lost, he sold some parts like transformer, tapehead, mic&line record level potentiometers, three switches from...
Back
Top Bottom