Search results

1. leoshueh

Marantz in the movies

The 2325 in "Mr. Holland's Opus", a movie released in 1996.
  2. leoshueh

Epoxy / araldite ?

It was mentioned in Wikipedia that the strength of epoxy adhesives is degraded at temperatures above 350 °F (177 °C). Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epoxy
  3. leoshueh

Marantz 2265b, does this sound right?

My collection of Marantz receivers includes 2265b, 2275, 2285b and 2330, among which 2265b is the worst sounding one IMHO. It sounds exactly as you have described, very muddy, especially in the bass area. Maybe it is in need of a recap.
  4. leoshueh

Goesintas & Goesoutas

Luxman offers the illustrated line selector in the domestic market of Japan. It can increase the inputs of your preamp/amp. If you attach three selectors to your amp inputs, respectively to Tape 1, Tape 2 and Aux, you'll be able to increase the number of input to 12. I do not know if this...
  5. leoshueh

Sl-1210 Mk5G vs Thorens

I've just read a webpage in Chinese which mentions that SL-1210M5G is the version for North America, while SL-1200MK5G is for Japan, SL-1210MK5G for continental Europe, and SL-1210M5GEB for UK. They all have improved wire and cable, the only difference is their operating AC voltage and frequency.
  6. leoshueh

Sl-1210 Mk5G vs Thorens

Pls forgive me for digging out this old thread. I have a MK5G, but it's a SL-1200 not a SL-1210. Actually, I don't see any cosmetic or spec difference between a SL-1210M5G and a SL-1200MK5G. Although SL-1210MK5G can be easily found on many webpages, I also think it's probably a typo...
  7. leoshueh

Mini-tutorial: How to disassemble Marantz pushswitches for better cleaning/de-Oxiting

Sorry to let you know that the store that I mentioned does not have any website. :no:
  8. leoshueh

Marantz 2330

I acquired my 2330 two months ago. It's in great cosmetic condition except some blown bulbs. All the pots and switches are noise free. The only mod that I've made is to have it fully relamped with LED's. This 2330 sounds differently while comparing with my fully serviced 2285B and my...
  9. leoshueh

Question re Marantz Date Stamps

In addition to the date stamp, my 2275 also has a plant code sticker beside the stamp.
  10. leoshueh

Marantz DC offset

The service manual and US schematic of 2330 are available in the AK database: http://akdatabase.com/AKview/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=58 http://akdatabase.com/AKview/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=59 But please be very careful with the service manual of 2330. AKer Leicalover has mentioned in...
  11. leoshueh

Marantz DC offset

Would like to know the unit of your measurements. Volt and mV make huge difference.
  12. leoshueh

Mini-tutorial: How to disassemble Marantz pushswitches for better cleaning/de-Oxiting

Yes, it's a good idea to replace the whole shaft. How come it never occurred to me. I bought the switches from an electronic components store in Taipei. Look like they are new old stocks, but the store has plenty of these. Glad to know that they are fully compatible to old Marantz switches...
  13. leoshueh

Thank you Jan, this is a wonderful tutorial. Because of your inspiration, I have bought several new push-button switches and I plan to practice disassembling, cleaning and assembling them first. These switches are very cheap, about $0.50 each. I will not start cleaning my beloved receivers...
  14. leoshueh

Hardware replacements

Try AK member "dgwojo".
  15. leoshueh

connecting subwoofer to vintage marantz 2245

If your m&k subwoofer accepts speaker level input, you can connect it to one of the two speaker terminal sets of your 2245. You can have both speaker terminal sets engaged. This is the way that I connect a Velodyne to my 2285B and they have worked perfectly. Although Marantz receivers have...
  16. leoshueh

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

I have just bought an used SL-1200MK5G from Japan for $350, not including shipping cost which is $100 to Taiwan. The dust cover is 100% mint, i.e. without any sign of wear. Don't know if I can call this a score. MK5G has the same faceplate and functions as that of M5G. Have no idea of what...
  17. leoshueh

22xx LED lighting conversion question

Hi, Don, I'm surprised that you still remember me. I would like to thank you for providing me with your fantastic LED backlight kits. If you need the high-pixel version of the picture that I posted, I can send it to you by mail. I still have your mail address.
  18. leoshueh

Yes, indeed. The green LED was over-exposed. It is greener than it was pictured.
  19. leoshueh

I used dark green LED's for the indicator lights of my 2275.
  20. leoshueh

Scary repair - 2285B dual-section caps failed

And I also remember you taught me how to adjust the bias current. Really appreciate your kind help.
  21. leoshueh

Scary repair - 2285B dual-section caps failed

Yes, its is exactly 100mm in height. Mine was recently refurbished by a local technician whose mod of the main caps is similar to that invented by you.
  22. leoshueh

Best sounding marantz

Because my 2265B is too boomy in the lower half as compared to the other two, I hope that a recap of the two main filters will tighten it, will it? BTW, the SM of 2265B shows that the spec of the two main filters is only 1000uF 55V, is it true? Whenever I saw people praised some excellent...
  23. leoshueh

Best sounding marantz

All three happened to form my entire collection of vintage Marantz receivers and I agree with your ranking of the three. If I have to pick one of them for a recap, 2265B would be my first priority.
  24. leoshueh

Vintage + LED = so wrong

If warm white LEDs were used in the test, you might think differently.
  25. leoshueh

How do I wire up a LED for a power lamp on my KW 500?

No wonder my self-assembled LED tuning light sets are not happy in my Marantz 2285B, which powers the tuning panel with about 9VAC and I failed to apply the x1.414 factor to take care of the peak voltage. The LED sets faded away noticeably within a couple of months. But, there is no problem...
Back
Top Bottom