Search results

1. rdperry

chicks' Goodwill Systems

That is a sweet little amp!
  2. rdperry

New Emotiva 2 channel stuff

The new BaseX stuff looks great they have changed their whole line up this year. I am using a Upa-200 and Dc-1 in my system right now and it sounds fantastic!
  3. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Thanks for the heads up I will go ahead and order a couple to have on hand for future projects. This Parts Express board bohttp://www.parts-express.com/tpa3116d-class-d-amplifier-board-with-anti-pop-2-x-50w--320-610 is my favorite so far and I am already planning to pick up a couple more...
  4. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RUUSKS2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 anyone else use this power supply yet. I just hooked one up to my Partsexpress tpa316d2 board and it sounds great. Is really great for adding to the DIY amps and maintaining a internal power supply and a...
  5. rdperry

good inexpensive new stereo preamp

I don't think the Emotiva will work as a stand alone pre-amp but must be used with the DC-1 DAC.
  6. rdperry

Thoughts on the PS Audio Sprout

I have a Diy Abletec amp based on the module in the Sprout and I love it. I think it was $130 plus shipping and this with my Emotiva xda-1 sounds great.
  7. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Fantastic little set up Hally great work!
  8. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I have thought about it but right now I am using it with all digital sources so my emotiva xda-1 dac is being used for pre-amp duties. I do love the options this case gives me just wish I could have saved the original amp but the board was broke in several places and it just would have been too...
  9. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

My latest tpa build. Going to get a smaller power supply at parts express this week and pretty up my wiring.
  10. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Mine was a old am radio I recently got from my step mother as she was selling the house her and my deceased father had. It had belong to my great grandmother but it was not working so great so I thought why not turn it into something we could use. Two retrofit inwall speakers, a tpa3116 and a...
  11. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

This is my newest project for my tpa 3116
  12. rdperry

99-pound UK made TA2020 integrated

I saw this and thought man what could they have added to make that amp weigh 99 lbs
  13. rdperry

TEAC AI-2000 and CD-2000 being closed out

I just picked up a a-1000 and man its a great sounding amp. I am sure the a-2000 is even better but I got the a-1000 for less than half the price so I am very happy with my purchase.
  14. rdperry

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Just a heads up Parts Express now has the YJ black and blue board in stock so no long wait for shipping from China. I am about 15 min from them so I picked one up today so I am listening away right now.
  15. rdperry

Marantz 2230 precautionary measures

Ya that was my point the power supply boards and the amp boards seem to have already been done.
  16. rdperry

Marantz 2230 precautionary measures

I could be wrong but the caps on the power supply board dont look to have been replaced. That is one board done that you shouldnt have to worry about.
  17. rdperry

Hello From Dayton Ohio!

I am going to eat a Marions tonight but they dont take credit cards to my knowledge. I need to stop in at Hanson sometime. What brand do you guys carry?
  18. rdperry

How NOT to restore your Marantz receiver.

Great looking job. How many of these have you done? You made it look like it came with those binding post from the factory. You really are an artist.
  19. rdperry

Replacment power switch for 2230.

Anyone know the part number for the replacment from digikey. I tried lokking up one I found in a old thread but it was no longer valid.
  20. rdperry

Estate sale frustration

If I saw someone sticker something but not pay for it I would pick it up and go pay for it if I wanted it. If someone had a problem with it we could address it but I wouldnt be bullied. I would give someone my last dollar if they looked hungry but I would also get in a fistfight over that same...
  21. rdperry

More marantz 2230 trouble

Thanks catrafter I had it connected right put the connection to the amp board at j758 was bad, resolder it and working fine now. Thanks so much for all your help.
  22. rdperry

does anyone know the value of the resistor that is on the filter cap so I can replace it and see if that is the problem.
  23. rdperry

I removed the 2200 uf filter cap that is connected to the right channel to brace it some more in the bracket and now when I hooked it up the right channel is messed up and you have to turn the volume all the way up to hear the slightest sound. Is this caused by hooking up the cap wrong or did I...
  24. rdperry

marantz 2230 recap help

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=ECO-S2AA222CAvirtualkey66720000virtualkey667-ECO-S2AA222CA http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=ECO-S2AA472EAvirtualkey66720000virtualkey667-ECO-S2AA472EA These are the Three I got for the power supply caps.
  25. rdperry

marantz 2230 recap help

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=027-520 Is this ok to use with the power supply caps. I was also wondering should I have upped the values on PS caps as I ordered the same values but some seem to think that higher values will increase performance.
Back
Top Bottom