Search results

1. C

North Texas

just moved to Forney
  2. C

MMGs or Bookshelf

I've been checking out the Wharfedales too. For some reason, the Maggies are calling me and since it will be a dedicated listening room, I will be able to have them out into the room. Decisions Decisions.......
  3. C

MMGs or Bookshelf

Would value some opinions here - especially if you own the MMGs I've wanted to try the Maggies for years and now have the funds. Problem is we will be moving soon and my new dedicated music room will be a small extra bedroom - probably 12X15 or so. My question is are the MMGs too big...
  4. C

MC cart for SL-1200

I'm using a Denon dl-301 mkII - sounds great
  5. C

Let's see your Denon gear!

Does this count?
  6. C

Magnepan MMG vs Emotiva XRT-5.2

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I've decided to save up a little more and get the Maggies. The only reason I was considering the Emotivas was price and I've decided that's not a good enough reason (not to mention the 'all sales final' condition). If I don't like the Maggies at least I...
  7. C

If it weren't for the no return policy I would have ordered them already. Very close to pulling the trigger anyway. Thanks for the response - that you've heard both and can compare is very helpful
  8. C

Thanks everyone - you've all made valid points. As much as I've been wanting to try the Maggies, the Emotivas are tempting because of the clearance price. And since I listen primarily to rock I suspect they would be better for me. The only sticking point is there's no way for me to hear them...
  9. C

Here's my problem...(I know - there are much worse problems to have) I want new speakers and have a budget of @ $600. I've been eyeing the Magnepan MMGs - but now I see Emotiva is blowing out their XRT-5.2 (which has some very good reviews). I have not heard either speaker - the MMGs...
  10. C

Pioneer PL-520

I used to have one of these turntables and liked it a lot. Enjoy
  11. C

Advice needed building a 2 channel setup (Emotiva, Outlaw, Parasound?)

I bought the Emotiva USP1 & UPA200 in Dec and have been very happy with the sound. With the 30 day trial period you can't go wrong.
  12. C

Good power amp for $300 for B&W 685's

I just bought the Emotiva UPA-200 and their preamp USP-1 - It was the best I could afford on a tight budget - the reviews were mostly positive and the trial period too good to not try it out. Ive had them a week and so far I'm impressed. It's defintely an improvement over my Pioneer SX-650...
  13. C

new Phono stage making old records quiet

I recently upgraded from my Pioneer SX-650 to an Emotiva USP-1 and Emotiva UPA-200. I expected to hear an improvement in the sound (and I do) but what has really surprised me is the phono stage. I've noticed records that used to be full of ticks and pops are (aside from the odd occasional one)...
  14. C

Is it possible to be a budget audiophile

Best answer I've read so far :thmbsp:
  15. C

Bob Dylan...Tempest

Bought it today and listened to the first 2 sides. Liked what I've heard so far
  16. C

Got this today!

I recently picked up this set at a yard sale for $5. Unfortunately I was disappointed with the sound of Bookends. It just didn't seem to have the life of the original pressing I have. Maybe I should give it another listen. I haven't listened to the other 4 albums yet. Hopefully yours sound...
  17. C

Help with basement listening space

Greetings, I've been learning a lot reading these boards and have decided to try to optimize my listening space. My system is definitely modest (pieced together from CL and thrift stores) and it sounds pretty good, but not great. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions on what to do to...
  18. C

The Fisher 220 issue

Thanks Larry, I gave the knobs and their pots a quick cleaning before testing but I didn't clean the mono/stereo switch. I'll give that a try and keep my fingers crossed.
  19. C

The Fisher 220 issue

Also, it's not folding down stereo into mono. It's just playing the one channel through both spearkers. I'm playing vinyl and I know the cart is good, I used it on my main system last night. So it souds like one channel is out.
  20. C

The Fisher 220 issue

Picked up this at a yard sale today - took it home, cleaned it up a bit and hooked up an old pair of speakers to it. The issue is it only plays in mono. Both speakers work when the mono is selected but then I switch it to stereo the right channel cuts out. Any ideas on why this may be??
  21. C

Friday Tunes

Frank Sinatra - That's Life
  22. C

Record Stores in kissimmee Fl?

Rock and Roll Heaven in Orlando
Back
Top Bottom