Search results

1. H

Deoxit Remote Control Volume Control

I decided to email Caig Deoxit asking for clarification on how to administer Deoxit properly. I got a response from Mark Lohkemper within an hour and we had several back and forth emails. He asked for pictures, but that was extremely hard to do given the confines of the Luxman R-115 layout. In...
  2. H

Deoxit Remote Control Volume Control

A couple of weeks ago I dexoit all the control adjustments when I was having a bit of break up on my newly purchased Luxman R-115. Everything was fine until today, when the left channels was experiencing static breakup and drop out. I am not sure where the problem exists. One thing I had trouble...
  3. H

Tektronics TDS210

As a Christmas present, I had my wife Charlotte buy me a Yihou 480 soldering and desoldering gun. I had seen a You Tube Harmon Kardon 330c repair for the symtoms my HK 330c was exhibiting and said to myself I can do that. I also saw a You Tube of basic bench tools for audio repair. It included...
  4. H

Luxman sound quality difference R-1040/1050/1070 vs R113/114/115

I am wondering about the sound quality of Luxman R-1040/1050/1070 vs the Luxman R-113/114/115? Also I am wondering about the fixability or workability of these two different series. Seems like the layout of the R-1xxx series is simpler than the R-1xx series. I have seen some comments that...
  5. H

Question about recapping a tuner section in a NAD receiver

Wow, this posting is timely. I bought a NAD 7140 a month ago, knowing the FM was not working. When I received it the FU202 fuse was open. When I replaced it, it glowed orange and blew. The FM does not make any sound and the digital display does not light up. I am not a technician, but decided to...
  6. H

NAD 7140 FM Help

I bought a NAD 7140. It had a FU202 fuse that was open. I replaced it and it glowed orange. I am not a technician, but I am thinking I want to be. Anyone out there help me? Thanks, Nelson
  7. H

Sony STR-GX6es Service Help - Advice

I have not Deox'd the front speaker switch because I thought this was nothing more than a mechanical connector to the back speaker switch. The switch in the back I have deox'd several times, lifted the connector out of it and blown with compressed air after deoxing to get the junk out, because...
  8. H

Hi xrayspex77. Thanks for your reply. I am not sure where the speaker relay is, but I have photographed the inside of my Sony STR-GX6es and label A & B two suspect relays. Hopefull one is the speaker relay. I watched a youtube video on cleaning the speaker relay and expected to find one of A or...
  9. H

Relay Cover Shucker

I was looking for a way to open a relay to clean it without unsoldering. Audio Karma to the rescue!! I found this posting. I had some sheet metal, cut it to size and sharpened the end before bending it into a loop. After a minute or two, the relay cap was off. Thanks LBPete.
  10. H

Sony STR-GX6es VS Luxman R115

My Sony STR-GX6es now has breakup in the left channel. After 2 service visits, 480 miles total to and from, the result is the same. Breakup in the left channel. Ugh! So I am conscering buying a Luxman R115 or Luxman R114 of any other replacemnt suggestion as a replacement. This receiver will be...
  11. H

I bought this Sony STR-GX6es Spontaneos Twin Drive when I was working for Overlake Distributors that distributed Sony products in New Hampshitre and Vermont. After a Sony Salemen's accomdation and I bought several Sony Es audio productions. That was late 1980s. The Sony STR-GX6es has run well...
  12. H

Sony STR-GX6es

I bought this Sony STR-GX6es Spontaneos Twin Drive when I was working for Overlake Distributors that distributed Sony products in New Hampshitre and Vermont. After a Sony Salemen's accomdation and I bought several Sony Es audio productions. That was late 1980s. The Sony STR-GX6es has run well...
  13. H

Dual CS1264 Stackling Spindle does not drop

I have my fathers Dual CS1264 that I bought for him when I worked at Tech Hifi 1976-84. I am restoring it. I have cleaned all old the lubricants and replaced them. I replaced the steuerpimplet. I bought a new belt after I broke the old one putting it back on (after all this time 30+ years I was...
  14. H

Dual CS 1264 belt replacement

I ordered a Dual CS 1264 belt from FDG-Technik Inh from eBay (posted above) and it came in a reasonable amount of time from Germany. Today I installed it and it works fine.
  15. H

Dual CS 1264 belt replacement

I am restoring my father's Dual CS 1264 with a Stanton 500 EE. I bought it for him when I worked at Tech Hifi and Dad wanted a stacker. I downloaded a service manual from Vinyl Hifi. I have cleaned and lubed the Dual with the recommended lubricants. Replaced the pimpel. All was well except the...
  16. H

Crown PS400 SL1 2 Phono FM3 VS Sony STR-GX10/9ES VS Sansui 7

I have a Crown PS400, Crown Straight Line 1 with 2 Crown phono preamps MM and MC and Crown FM3. I also have a Sansui 7 receiver that I have had restored with 18 transistors replaced (sounds great now). Those I own. I am a Sony fan and I am considering buying a Sony STR-GX9ES or GX10ES. This...
  17. H

Crown D-150A Series II vs Crown DC-300A Series II vs PS-400

BMWCCA, I am not interested in the rack mounts with the handles, so if you could/might convert a PS-400 into one with the spare Rack Handles that you have, I would be interested in the non-handle Rack Mount. Let me know if this is a possibility. Thanks, Nelson The version PS-400 I have has a...
  18. H

Well I could not wait to find the rack mounts, so I stretched the preamp and speaker cables around in front of my Crown stack so I could connect the new used Crown PS-400. On first listen, the bass was much more pronounced and tighter. Upon further listening my ADS L980 seemed to have...
  19. H

There is a Crown phono module A with cord on ebay for sale right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Crown-DL-2-A-Series-Phono-Module/253521331981?hash=item3b070c870d:g:mHkAAOSw6T9auT1V:rk:7:pf:0 There is also a nice set up Crown set up with FM1 and the same PS2-DX the full led power rows...
  20. H

Blue Shadow. When I worked at Tech Hifi from 1976-84 I bought my Infinity RS2.5 speakers, which were a difficult 4 ohm speaker. I was thinking of Crown for its stability to drive the Infinity RS 2.5 when Crown offered an accommodation on the Crown FM1 for $360 ($1000 retail) and that motivated...
  21. H

I have a Crown D-150A Series II amp with a SL1 (both MM &MC phono) and PFM3 driving ADS L980 speakers. From time to time, I wish I had a little more power. I worked at Tech Hifi for 8 years and have a fondness for Crown for some reason. I think I like the clarity. Has anyone out there had...
  22. H

Crown SL1 w/MM & MC preamp vs Crown PSL2

I was wondering about switching my mint Crown D-150A Series 2 for a Crown PS-400. The Crown D-150A Series II drives a pair of ADS L980 speakers. I was doing some reading. I got hung up with a comment about the Crown SL1 of which I have 2 and I have both the MM and MC (MC is sealed in a box...
  23. H

Crown SL1 w/MM & MC preamp vs Crown PSL2

I was wondering about switching my mint Crown D-150A Series 2 for a Crown PS-400. The Crown D-150A Series II drives a pair of ADS L980 speakers. I was doing some reading. I got hung up with a comment about the Crown SL1 of which I have 2 and I have both the MM and MC (MC is sealed in a box...
  24. H

Sony RM-P103 remote

I have a Sony RM-P103 that came with my Sony STR GX6ES. I have never used it and it is still in its plastic bag that it came in. I understand that it runs the Sony STR GX10ES, GX9ES, GX7ES, GX6ES and GX5. Anyone have an idea of what it is worth? Thanks
  25. H

Stanton 881E

Does anyone know the worth of a Stanton 881E?
Back
Top Bottom