Search results

1. robgmn

Radio Shack, Battery of the Month Club~!

The PC "lab" in my HS had those
  2. robgmn

Surface noise

Completely non-scientific, but I've always visualized it like taking a literal needle and dragging it across a "rough" surface. If the needle its dead-perpendicular you can literally feel it digging in and dragging hard, sometimes "stuttering". As you lean that needle over, it moves along...
  3. robgmn

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Nice! I've been keeping an eye open for a deck unit (I have 3 portables, one which is a recorder/player), but they are scarce at a bargain price. Had a local guy selling a stack of them, but wanted $400 and would not part nor guarantee operation. Pass. Clunky little gadgets, but got a TON of...
  4. robgmn

Criminy, that is an incredible price.
  5. robgmn

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

First watt theory!
  6. robgmn

Albums where EVERY song is good

Not a clunker in the bunch:
  7. robgmn

I think hope I PMd you.
  8. robgmn

Do you know the Pi game well? I'm looking to do something and am clueless. All info I find on the net assumes the user is experienced. PM me if you care to help!
  9. robgmn

Windows 11 rant...

But with a license available for the price of a few Starbucks coffees, it shouldn't be a problem for most.
  10. robgmn

affordable mp3 player

Honestly? A decent used Android phone with an Otterbox case, and free Musicolet and Wavelet apps installed. The case will cost as much as the phone, but worth it.
  11. robgmn

Shopgoodwill auction win. Was hoping it would be the twin to the one I have (isobaric 12" drivers), but alas, it is only a single driver unit. Sounded like s**t when i tested it. Turned out the surround was unglued in one section, and the dustcap glue had separated. Probably got donated as...
  12. robgmn

Need recommendations on a GOOD Boombox

Isn;t that sad? I have a 27 y.o. Discman that is still chugging along. Good luck these days.
  13. robgmn

Grounding yourself — static issues and what to touch

Maybe just trying to sell a product, but they say this. I imagine if they sold an installation and static got WORSE, it would hurt business a bit...
  14. robgmn

Grounding yourself — static issues and what to touch

Beat me by six minutes...
  15. robgmn

An EQ unit for just one pair of speakers?

I only skimmed the thread and maybe this is repetitious, but what about a MINIDSP and a decent small d-class amp just for those speakers?
  16. robgmn

Speed Camera's on the NY throughway and NJ Tpke

Who do they think they are, Pennsylvania?
  17. robgmn

help - what's the bottleneck in my system. willing to upgrade but don't know where.

Seconded. Proper room setup can make a moderate system sound scores better than a high-end system in a bad room.
  18. robgmn

Any advanced users of JRiver here? Need help with automation

Been using JRiver for years and am interested in having it play my music list in shuffle, but to automatically throw in a "bumper" now and then to give it more of a radio feel. I actually like the music to get split up occasionally, but not with commercials, and not at perfect intervals. I've...
  19. robgmn

Any advanced users of JRiver here? Need help with automation

Been using JRiver for years and am interested in having it play my music list in shuffle, but to automatically throw in a "bumper" now and then to give it more of a radio feel. I actually like the music to get split up occasionally, but not with commercials, and not at perfect intervals. I've...
  20. robgmn

Winter Window Icing

I'd prefer they shot your tires and then made you pay for the flatbed to get the car home.
  21. robgmn

Winter Window Icing

Used to wrench for a living. Fixed a few cars where they did it going forward. The weight of the snow sheared wiper arm pivot spines pretty efficiently.
  22. robgmn

Unknown device

Nice to see there were no shenanigans to make competing speakers sound worse.
  23. robgmn

Ken Fritz - his "Million Dollar System" up for Auction

"Thus, the dream began and Ken spent almost 27 years building the best audio system he could with ho holds barred. It was completed in 2018, shortly before he was diagnosed with ALS." And now he's dead, and everything he owned is being sold off at public auction. Nature is a cruel b!tch.
  24. robgmn

What was the last movie you watched?

Does rewatching a movie count? I started Whiplash again the other night. J.K. Simmons (Farmers Insurance guy) KILLS the role.
  25. robgmn

Need help connecting ADC Sound Shaper 30 Graphic EQ to my 80’s vintage Yamaha component

Disconnect your preamp from the amp. Connect preamp to the "input" EQ, then connect the EQ "output" to the amp. if you increase the gains a lot, reduce the output accordingly by turning down the "Output Control" on the EQ. That way you're not gong to overdrive the input of the amp.
Back
Top Bottom