Search results

1. N

Thorens TD124 PSU voltage

i'm experimenting with a speed controller (monarchy audio regenerator 50/60hz 100-120v) and am wondering what voltage people like I've been using 108v 60hz. The speed controller is also helpful because the speed takes about 20 min to stabilize (i think as the motor warms up) and i can give it...
  2. N

Tube Positions in Luxman Cl-38U Preamp

Sorry if this is elementary but the phono stage on this preamp has 3 "12ax7/ECC83" tubes and I would like to know which positions would benefit from high quality matched NOS tubes. Most of the NOS versions of this tube are very expensive and i don't want to waste money where it won't count as...
  3. N

Luxman Tube pre-amp strange issue

I was getting some tube noise so i replaced all 8 tubes in my Luxman CL38 with Gold Lions 5 ECC82 & 3 ECC83 Afterward i noticed that i was hearing a repeating clicking noise on the right channel. Almost like metronome same interval probably twice every second. But get this - it sounds...
  4. N

B&W Matrix 801S3 help tightening heads

I just picked these up and the heads are loose. Is it preferred to remove the woofer or the midrange to tighten the up? Any special tools required?
  5. N

C37 PreAmp Issue Wits End

My C37 is having an intermittent issue where its like it turns on and off really quickly while music is playing. It happens very quickly - sometimes the music level drops, sometimes it is most noticeable as the faceplate dimming and other times there is a click like on the traditional turn on...
  6. N

Perfect except for balance knob SX-1050

Just got a 1050 that i hooked up over the weekend. It was recently gone through by a tech and certified as all working and everything seems to work well except the balance knob has no effect on anything - its like it just isn't connected to anything. Thoughts on what could cause this?
  7. N

C37 phono mod?

I just hooked up a mcintosh c37 and was getting wicked hum through my denon 103 (.3mv) and step-up. Funny I thought, how very un-Mcintosh to have that much noise. Then I put on a record and the usable volume range is only 1-3 out of 100 - YIKES. 2 sounded great but was loud as crap. Next step i...
  8. N

Was MC Phono an option on the Mcintosh C37?

I just hooked up a mcintosh c37 and was getting wicked hum through my denon 301 and step-up. Funny I thought, how very un=Mcintosh to have that much noise. Then I put on a record and the usable volume range is only 1-3 out of 100 - YIKES. 2 sounded great but was loud as crap. Next step i took...
  9. N

Mcintosh Button Can't Find Anywhere

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of where to find one of these switch cover buttons for a Mac 4200. I'm at my wits end and the unit is otherwise in perfect shape. I'm at my wits end here and considering trying to salvage buttons from a blender or try 3d printing. Any insight would be much...
  10. N

will this be too much gain for my phono stage

i have a 20:1 step up and I'm looking at going from a dl103r to a dl301mk2 as it hopefully will track better and be a better fit with my arm, an rb-600. Going into the phono stage on an audible illusions m3. I just realized that the 301 has much more gain .4 vs .25 - will this be too much...
  11. N

Kef model one vs B&W 704

I have the kefs and i'm wondering if the B&Ws would be a substantial upgrade or a waste of money. the KEF's sound great on most stuff but get a little harsh on upper midrange on some stuff like rock demanding vocals Amp: MC 7200 200w Pre: MC 504
  12. N

feet thread for sansui sr-929

I'm trying to make adjustable feet for this table and can't seem to find the thread that will screw into threads for the adjustable feet. I have 10m coarse thread that seems to almost fit. thanks, Nate
Back
Top Bottom