Search results

1. D

Boyuurange MT34 MkII mods?

I had an A10 and later on an A12 with very efficient speakers and I wasn't impressed with either of them. I used both of them mainly for vinyl play. I used my Sansui AU7900 as a preamp for both and Sansui are known for their warm sound. The A12 sounded OK when playing my CD player but nothing...
  2. D

New to me: Perpetuum Ebner 2040 turntable

Nice find!!
  3. D

Which Dual is the best? I've made up my mind!

Is this the FixmyDual chap? Thanks for the pics they are great!!
  4. D

Audio Technica AT-155LC Stylus Replacement

I just ordered the ATN440ML stylus, thanks for all the help!!
  5. D

Thanks so much appreciate it!!
  6. D

Thanks so much appreciate it!!
  7. D

Sorry that this is such an old thread but I just acquired a Sony PS-X55 turntable with a Audio Technica AT-155LC cart and it needs a new stylus, the cantilever has collapsed. So all these stylus will fit the AT-155LC cart? I apologize but I'd just like to get it right. Thanks so much for the...
  8. D

Biggest mysteries of the audio world...who made what turntables?

How do you like them, there is one for sale locally?
  9. D

CEC Turntable Owner - come to this this thread

There is one for sale at a good price locally, just wondering how you like yours?
  10. D

Queon TT....ever hear of it?

Did you ever buy the Queon QT-52? There is one for sale locally and I'd like to know your impressions of it, asking $110 for it.
  11. D

Technics SL 23 vs Dual 510?

You are quite correct!!
  12. D

I got the SL23 but it is long gone, have the Technics 1200 Mk2 now, plus a few others.
  13. D

Thanks appreciate the info!!
  14. D

Dual 1009 or 1218, Which should I keep?

1009SKII That is a great turntable. I have the 1009f with the lighter platter as well, play it everyday. I like the nice bass punch of the idler wheel. It has a few quirks but I think the only Dual to replace it would be the 1019. So I think I'd keep the 1009 over the 1218.
  15. D

Can I use a 70 B stylus on a Shure Me95ed Cart?

Thanks I appreciate the info!!
  16. D

GE 6V6G ST style NOS guitar tubes.

OK thanks!!
  17. D

Sound Dynamics concert monitor 500.

So very sorry to hear that.
  18. D

Sound Dynamics concert monitor 500.

Old post I know but I recently acquired a pair of these speakers to play with my 6 watt tube amp. I just read on this post that they are mirrored speakers, will it make a difference to the sound if they are not set up that way? I checked mine and I noticed that they are not mirrored. By the way...
  19. D

No there wouldn't be, the A12 is driving the speakers, thanks for your concern though!!
  20. D

It's late and I'm a bit tired but I believe I ran the it from the pre out of the Sansui to the A12 tube amp and it works fine.
  21. D

OK I just read this on the Sweet Water site, " A tube that is glowing blue is often wrongly perceived as a defect, however, it’s really just a side effect of a power tube — a fluorescent glow in the blue spectrum. The tube is fine! It actually indicates that the vacuum inside the tube is very...
  22. D

I've played the A12 all day with the new tubes maybe 10 hours or so and it sounded great. Even had decent bass running through my Sansui Au-7900 amp. Just before I turned it off I noticed in one of the GE tubes, the one on the left as I look at the amp, a small blue flair at the front of the...
  23. D

OK good to know.
  24. D

OK thanks good to know and I'm loving these GE tubes and they do have that "classic tube style"!!
Back
Top Bottom