Search results

1. Zepman69

Picking up Pioneer PL-L1000. Diagnosing automatic issues

I’m going to check out the L1000 tomorrow, and was given this description from the seller: “Had Unit professionally serviced less than a year ago. Powers on OK, all functions appear to be functioning, but now Tone Arm not working correctly in Auto mode. It does go up and down with the elevation...
  2. Zepman69

500C Right Channel Volume Issues (New Volume Pot)

Just installed a brand new volume pot on my 500C. It works great on the left channel, but on the right channel it doesn't really kick in until the volume knob is around 11 o'clock. Below 11 it is very faint, then above it gets loud very fast then increases volume normally and consistent with...
  3. Zepman69

500C Volume Pot Photo Needed

Can someone please post a photo of the (original) wires connecting to the volume pot? I am in the middle of replacing mine and am unsure which wires go where even with the schematic.
  4. Zepman69

Where is Mark Oppat?

Been trying to get in touch with Mark Oppat for some new parts for the last three weeks with no success. Is he alright and still in business?
  5. Zepman69

Fisher 500c Channel Issue and Distortion. I'm stumped

I have a 500C that has had a lot of work done in the past, new caps, adjustments etc. Anyways, when I moved into my last apartment, the first time I took it out, only one channel seemed to work until the volume was around 11 o'clock. You could still hear some faint noise in the left channel...
  6. Zepman69

Fisher 500C output tube pin 5 resistor

My 500C has been acting up lately. One channel works until the volume knob is turned past 11 o'clock. I blame the volume pot and and am going to rebuild it this weekend. Last I used it, I remember it sounding very distorted, but I'm hoping it was because I had to make it so loud to hear both...
  7. Zepman69

500c violent bass

I just took my 500c out of storage (climate controlled) hooked up my turntable, music played great. I went over halfway with the volume knob and very violent bass came out of the left channel. It does not occur when I switch inputs and goes away as soon as I unplug my turntable. If I turn the...
  8. Zepman69

500c 3.5mm shock

I have a 500c that's been completely refurbished, new tubes, new caps. I had an RCA to 3.5mm jack attached to the aux input, the other to my computer. I was listening to the phono section at a fairly loud volume, unplugged my computer, touched the jack, and was getting shocked through the plug...
  9. Zepman69

Technics Sl-1700 Purchase advice

I'm watching two 1700's on ebay and I need advice for which one to buy. My budget is $300 This one which has a cueing problem, but is buy it now so I would get it at that price. The seller claims to have experience in shipping turntables and that he overpacks them This one is an auction but...
Back
Top Bottom