Search results

1. jaymanaa

Voice of Music tube amp and record changer- What do I have here?

i Wouls like to make a offer unless its's already sopoknen for,8
  2. jaymanaa

Voice of Music tube amp and record changer- What do I have here?

If this is the VOM I'm Thinking og, thr bass is enbununbeleivable.beleivableeleibable.
  3. jaymanaa

Stupid question 86078

I hate asking these dumbass questions, but for some reason I can't find some data I have found 100 times before. What I need is the test data numbers for a Hickok 800 to test a western electric 274A. A 4 pinner of course .i've decided to let this go, so zi need to test it up. It works great in...
  4. jaymanaa

Good tube literature

Some good common sense from Mullard http://www.sowter.co.uk/pdf/Mullard-Circuits-for-Audio-Amplifiers.pdf
  5. jaymanaa

DQ10s and tubes?

Hey all, I have a question for the speaker guys. I rebuilt a pair of DQ10s, the later mirror image ones. I used the DQ cap upgrade kit, and Advent surrounds for the refoam. Apparently DQ uses the same woofer as the large Advent. I got rid of the plastic piezo tweeter in favor of a 600hz Edgar...
  6. jaymanaa

6SN7 as rectifier / regulator?

Anyone ever use one for either?
  7. jaymanaa

Earthlings get one tube

Outstanding, I have about 6 of them I need to replace!
  8. jaymanaa

Earthlings get one tube

what's your vote? I nominate the 50EH5 http://diyaudioprojects.com/Tubes/50EH5/50EH5.htm Just one now!
  9. jaymanaa

I have a pair of sovtek 300B I could trade or let go cheap.

I have a pair of sovtek 300B I could trade or let go cheap.
  10. jaymanaa

How Cool is This

I'm a huge WWII buff, can't get enough of it. While most GIs chose to put the War behind them, my Dad was the opposite. Me and my older twin brothers would literally sit at his feet and listen to the stories. Like so many others, he lied about his age after Pearl and didn't have a lick of...
  11. jaymanaa

How Cool is This

Especially for a guy that has always ridden Triumph motorcycles and proudly displays the British colors right alongside old Glory whenever given the chance. First off, none of this is political or meant to be political, it's just a cool ass tube I found while looking for something to auction for...
  12. jaymanaa

jaymanaa Top Notch!

I like to send extras if I have them laying around. Never seen a tombstone with a tube socket on it. Hey.................:)
  13. jaymanaa

jaymanaa is the manaa

Thanks, I try my best to be as honest as possible with other AK'ers.
  14. jaymanaa

I give up!

Good reading for anyone using a tube tester. http://www.jacmusic.com/Tube-testers/Calibration/General-info.htm BTW, does anyone else here bake their tubes on a pan in the oven overnight before testing them, to activate the getter before applying voltage? I guess it's just a habit for me, I...
  15. jaymanaa

I give up!

Yes, they are pretty easy to calibrate, especially if you have a VTVM. With a digital meter like a Fluke you have to use a resistor on one of the probes. I just use good old 409 for the face. On the socket, get yourself a 9 pin and an octal socket saver with the voltage probe points. Then you...
  16. jaymanaa

I give up!

Aren't there only 2 caps in a 600? I'd replace them both for sure, but the best fix for these has always been a good cleaning (with the spray of your choice) and calibrating with a bogey metal 6L6. The thing that kills them is the meter pivot points. Hickok used some really crappy plastic jobs...
  17. jaymanaa

What wattage is the resistor?

That's a 3 watt CC resistor. A good replacement would be a 3 watt metal film. For that matter, metal films are very at home in tube power supplies. The nice thing about these modern components is that we can make tube amps run exact tolerances, where in the old days, close was good enough. Now...
  18. jaymanaa

6AN8 Subs

Just a better than RCA or GE tube. Don't see any older Mullards or Teles in this number.
  19. jaymanaa

6AN8 Subs

Is there a super premium substitute for the 6AN8. I wouldn't even mind a wiring change if need be. Would prefer something with gold pins.
  20. jaymanaa

edcor output transformers?

For budget TXs, IMHO, Tomiko is the way to go. Not sure if they got back up and running after the tidal wave and reactor melt down (they were close by and had to shut down). I bought up a lot of inventory after that, just because I like them so well,especially their torrid offerings. Edcor makes...
  21. jaymanaa

What is this circuit?

I was looking through some special kwality (my kue key is broken) tubes today and looked up the E92CC. Kind of disappointing when I saw it was a computer tube not recommended for audio, or where hum and microphoney are concerns. However, I noticed this circuit and am curious as to what it is...
  22. jaymanaa

Why electrolytics in power supply

Low ESR is something to look for in a PS cap, and yes, do you have room for even a 1 Hy choke with a low ohm rating (think Dynaco 70). That said, a somewhat practical option for "some" factory built stuff is the motor run oil or wax cap. They are rated for ACV, so the lower rated (smaller)...
  23. jaymanaa

Troubleshooting Magnavox 9304-10

It has to be something very simple, you're probably going to kick yourself. :) Is it stone dead silent?
  24. jaymanaa

Upgrade Vinyl set up by tube phono preamp

That would be fine with 6922s. I think bottlehead has a kit? This one I think, a lot of bang for 325.00. http://www.tonepublications.com/review/bottlehead-seduction-phono-preamplifier/
Back
Top Bottom