Search results

1. rselby

What is a good entry level amp for tube amps

I have had a few SS amps , and always hear how tube amps have a better sound , I have never owned a tube amp , so this why I am looking for some advice on what is a good entry level amp( $ 500 or less ) if there is such a thing , I plan on having it drive my older Klipsch SB-3 book shelf speakers
  2. rselby

Kenwood Basic M2 static/ crackling noise

hey guys, thanks for all the input, it turned out to be my EQ, that was inline , guess it may need to be cleaned and some deoxit in it
  3. rselby

it is my Onkyo AVR... tried swapping the source too...I now think it is the speakers....can the something in the xover cause this??
  4. rselby

ok well something strange, its not the amp, swapped it out for another amp, still does same thing, so I guess its the speakers.....now what can cause this in speakers ( bad caps in the x over ?)
  5. rselby

Hi everyone all of a sudden my kenwood basic m2 started having some static/ crackling noises , and if I turn the (L ) and ( R ) vol all the way down the static/ crackling sound goes away, the amp still plays fine, the sound will come and go( the static sound ) , anyone have any ideas what...
  6. rselby

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

Cerwin vega CLS 215 Cerwin vega VS150 Cerwin vega RE30 Cerwin vega CLS6C Klipsch SB1 Klipsch SB3 Pierce audio WMD 12" subs
  7. rselby

Canard 4S11 Star Quad--Wire Identification

I made a set ( canare star quad s411) it had 1 red , 1white, 1 pink( reddish) , 1 clear( whiteish) , so was easy to identify at either end!
  8. rselby

Any Vintage Onkyo Owners?

my M 504 with LED upgrade
  9. rselby

Cerwin Vega Sub refom

I was just doing the same to my 12'" vegas tonight, if the foam is really dry on the paper part, I just rubbed it off using my finger...if that don't do it , I used a Qtip dipped in rubbing alcohol ( its a lil more messy)
  10. rselby

Red Single-ply Cerwin Vega replacement foams?

they are grey on the back, and red/orange on the front...whats wrong with this kind??
  11. rselby

Adcom GFA-555ii vs. Onkyo M-504

I have a few onkyo M 504s and had all (3) of them @ 4 ohm for a while...one was driving a set of CV VS150s @ 4 ohms...never over heated or really got hot...the meters are noce...the amps sound neutral to maybe a lil on the warm side...they are 165w @ 8 ohm and at 4 ohm??? wished someone could...
  12. rselby

Cerwin vegas...in the trash!

here is some pics I have wiped them down so far...and that's it
  13. rselby

Just got done checking them out...they are a set of RE 30 ( 12" woofers) ...need to be refoamed and I cleaned them up....and thay play fine....sound good so far, they have some water damage on the pedistool that they sit on, but other than these things, pretty good
  14. rselby

Well just got a call from a buddy, and in his neighborhood he passed by a set of CV 12" sitting by the curb...had him stop and grab them for me :banana:...so Im waiting to go get them or he may bring them to me...cant wait to see if they are anything wrong with them...who knows, thet very well...
  15. rselby

Anybody used switched power strip as this

I have 3 panama power conditioners all have a 12v trigger that I have running from receiver , they power up all my amps and other stuff in seq, works great for me...I just leave everything on, it powers them up and shuts them down
  16. rselby

Looking for Speakers with Good Bass

Cerwin vega CLS 215 or the newer XLS (2) 15" woofers in each cabinet= bass, they will play pretty low too
  17. rselby

Red Single-ply Cerwin Vega replacement foams?

I did my VS 150s last year with a kit from orange co speaker, seemed to be a good kit,Im happy with it
  18. rselby

You gotta see this....speaker "improvement"...

that guy is out there, I watched a few of his other videos, he is wayyy out there...and the comments...lol
  19. rselby

Why would a speaker measure a differnt ohms than its suppose to be?

And no...was getting a reading of 12 ohms when all put back together( the (2) 15" drivers were 6 ohms each when I took them out and measured them)
  20. rselby

yes removed it this am and checked it...looked good ,all tested good for continuity( except the caps they would not give me a BEEP) using my volt meter to check...does that mean they are bad?
  21. rselby

so they should be ok to play them...have not used them since I found this out,this is my 1st time running into a problem like this!
  22. rselby

So either I will have to buy new xovers, or rebuild these( its the only thing I can figure that's wrong) can I use or get better quality caps, resistors, and induction coils( should I use air coils instead of iron core with bigger wire) ...if I go this route this will be my 1st time trying this
  23. rselby

yes...this is how I found my current problem, as was checking things while swapping out another amp...and they ( speaker cables) were very low( canare 4s11)
  24. rselby

here is a pic of the xover....I can see the values on the caps and the resistors...but the (I guess they are called coils) I don't know what the values are for these..how can I find out if they could possibly be bad?
  25. rselby

This is where I am now...when measuring through the xover is where Im seeing the problems, But can it still work and have something messed up in the xover?
Back
Top Bottom