Search results

1. P

Don't spank me for asking this...........

Hi! :banana: I like him a lot, at least I did. But even at the best it's ever been, I'm not the desperate type (over this little boy anyway). I don't need anyone bad enough to treat myself that way. :no: Make sense? When sexuality is a bargaining chip or a tool to gain leverage it's NO GOOD...
  2. P

The Dim Bulb Tester says "No"

Hi Larry! :banana: The old numbers are almost impossible to find now thanks to the new gubment rules and "we know what's best for you" regulations. So now, a 60 watt bulb is a 57 watter and a 100 watt bulb is a 97 watter if I remember correctly; it's been a while since I bought any 100...
  3. P

Hi! :banana:, Like I said, I am very cool with that, he likes what he likes and I like what I like. It's not a jealous of this or that type issue, it's a show me where you are priorities thing. I'm trying to make this point without coming across like some sort of promiscuous skank. We do...
  4. P

Now you're talking! :banana: You read my mind! :yes: He won't be a problem long, I won't let him be. I'm not a high maintenance type female at all, not one little bit. (superficial about material things) He likes what he likes and I like what I like. But any "dude" that would rather play...
  5. P

Is the Fisher 600-T a fire hazard?

Hi Larry! But won't the bias needs of the transistors change as they age and also with changes in temperature too! Transistor amps need to have their output bias checked and adjusted periodically just like tubes, right? I'm not getting it, or will you also be installing new pots with the...
  6. P

Power Transformer

Hi Larry! Not a great shot, but ours looks like this one: http://classicreceivers.com/fisher-500c versus this style shown here which seems to be the most common (as you already know): http://www.hifi-studio.de/hifi-klassiker/fisher.htm Someone asked the other day if there were much...
  7. P

Power Transformer

Hi Larry! :banana: Not even felt! Yes rivets and it's almost pristine except for one tiny rust spot on one of the bells. It's beautiful, all our transformer date codes and part #s match and I'm not screwing with it! :no: After 10 coats of car wax they all look like new. Our friend that did...
  8. P

Hi! :banana: I'm luvin' me some vinyl too! Never enough for me though! Some cold ones (or maybe a screw driver or two or three! ;), my turntable (formally Daddy's) and some Miles Davis, a little something comfortable; now THAT'S a PARTY and the RIGHT way to spend a Saturday night, one on one...
  9. P

.........but can I contribute to the Fisher Forum by mail? I'd like to, and I'd like to send it certified mail. We don't do PreyPal anymore, no how no way! :no: (long story) Could someone give me an address and person to send some money to? I'd like to give as much as I can, but just in...
  10. P

Power Transformer

Hi! Not a thump, it was just a little steady state "nnnnnnn" and like I said it was extremely subtle (soft). I just went back in the living room and put my ear right up on it. All I can hear is a sound which I don't think I could ever describe with words except to say it just sounds like what...
  11. P

Power Transformer

Hi! I'm sorry, it's a 500-C. I wouldn't say it's noisy, it just was making an audible sound this morning. Very subtle, like I said I only just noticed it because the room was very quiet this morning. I didn't stick around and time it to see when it went away. Maybe tomorrow morning if the...
  12. P

Hi Larry! :banana: Actually, the throttle signal is run through a processor and a "buffer amplifier", on some of them at least. Not just a signal in, action out, that MIGHT be "OK". It's all going through some sort of black box crapola that some engineer thinks is the ideal curve, at least on...
  13. P

Thanks Larry! :banana: Odd they used wire wounds but seemed to like carbon types on just about everything else? (I'm thinking the phase inverter adjusts on our 500-C which gave us a few little aggravations with crackling noises). I only asked about the pots because I've seen other members use...
  14. P

Hi again! Did they fail from just being cooked to death or were they just not up to the task to begin with? :confused: Phyllis :)
  15. P

Hi Larry! :banana: Is there any real concern regarding pots going bad over time with the Bourns pots we used in our IBAM? I understand you can't have them going bad, but are they as dependable as anything could be? The ones we used are rated at 300V MAX .50 watt @ 70C, but it's interesting, the...
  16. P

Power Transformer

Hi! :banana: When switched on cold, is a very very slight and soft noise from the power transformer a normal healthy thing? Not really a buzz, not really a "hum" just a fairly high in frequency steady state "nnnnnnnnnn" the way you would imagine electrons moving in mass WOULD sound...
  17. P

Don't do what I did.

:) Phyllis
  18. P

Don't do what I did.

That's WOMAN to you pal, as in ALL! :p: Don't bite off more than you can chew! :whip: :) Phyllis
  19. P

Don't do what I did.

Frannie, you're pushing buttons now and aren't "hearing" what I am saying. My comments were directed at this, which is the real heart of the matter and his problem, NOT him not having an E.E.'s understanding of electronics: I'm out! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :yes: Fall is here...
  20. P

Don't do what I did.

Hello again Frannie! Last post to this, promise! I just don't see the "quieting" effect you mention in the posting of a comment about amps that used to catch fire or any positive or reassuring effect it would have for "Hary"..............I hope you can understand where I'm coming from! :yes...
  21. P

Don't do what I did.

Hi Frannie! :banana: Everything I said to his original post was positive and trying to help alleviate his concerns. I've re-read all of my posts. I don't feel I said anything out of line assuming it was understood as I intended it, which I have also tried to explain. "Hary" is obviously very...
  22. P

Don't do what I did.

No one was laughing, not me anyway. You had a brain fade and left your system on for a day and no harm was done. Not to be mean, but what's "interesting" about that? Those are the kinds of things I don't tell unless I have to, or get caught ! You were worried enough to post about it, I tried to...
  23. P

Don't do what I did.

Hi! :banana: When we are home our 500-C is on from about 6:30AM until we go to bed at night, usually after Craig Ferguson and the Gay Skeleton are done, that's 1:00AM! :nutz: We run ours for TV sound too, so the volume pot is set at "6" (1 o'clock) and we adjust the TV's volume at the set with...
  24. P

Don't do what I did.

Hi again! :banana: I just don't see how the story above would help the OP's peace of mind, besides the fact that it about a model that is as much like the OP's amp as a Honda Civic is to a 1967 Oldsmobile 4-4-2. Phyllis :)
  25. P

Don't do what I did.

Hi Larry! :banana: I disagree; you and some of the other guys took what I was saying the wrong way. Mentioning a solid state model with a known design or set up flaw or issue or whatever it was in a thread started by a guy worrying himself to death over nothing was not relevant (to his specific...
Back
Top Bottom