Search results

1. SoCal Sam

Cost to sell on eBay

Paypal eats up 3.5%. Recipient pays.
  2. SoCal Sam

The perils of modern air travel.....?

Kalifornians take pride in our classless society.
  3. SoCal Sam

The perils of modern air travel.....?

I'll drive my gas car if destination is less than 500 miles.
  4. SoCal Sam

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

2003 here. It runs like a clock. Super easy to work on. I'll keep it until they manage to stop oil...or not.
  5. SoCal Sam

10 years gone, Malaysia Airlines MH-370

Bad guy waits for good pilot to leave and then de-pressurizes the plane.
  6. SoCal Sam

Classy Women

7. SoCal Sam

Windows 11 rant...

I have a grand total of one hour on Windows 8 on my new Dell. I immediately upgraded to W10.
  8. SoCal Sam

Windows 11 rant...

Mint runs on a variety of older hardware including iMac and MacBook computers. It runs Macs as fast as MacOS. I did not like the constant upgrading that went on with Mint. I realize that Mint is open source. I wish there was a central clearing house that releases updates like MacOS does.
  9. SoCal Sam

Windows 11 rant...

I was Windows user up until about 2019. Found an old iMac 27 which I fixed up and installed High Sierra. Once I learned MacOS, it was just software to me. Then the benefits manifested. MacOS is free for hardware owners. MacOS is related to Linux so it is streamlined, efficient, and stable...
  10. SoCal Sam

Shopping around for auto insurance quotes digs up old skeletons in the closet

Ticket will turn into you said, cop said contest. Since judge and cop and likely related or attended the same Sunday service, guess who wins?
  11. SoCal Sam

March Madness - College Basketball 2024

NCAA mens and womens still interest me. I'm done with NBA and WNBA.
  12. SoCal Sam

My Auto Repair Shop Messed Up, (Big Time)

Yeah, I don't see the repair going well but I could be wrong. If the car gets a new motor and it does not run well, I can see the shop saying go screw. See if the shop will buy the car for what it is worth. Then spend the money on another car that runs good.
  13. SoCal Sam

And so it begins...

Aren't you off topic already? Oh snap, it's your thread. Go ahead, my man.
  14. SoCal Sam

And so it begins...

Formula E's biggest fan.
  15. SoCal Sam

And so it begins...

Driver's Champion is... Constructors Champion is... No need to watch.
  16. SoCal Sam

My Auto Repair Shop Messed Up, (Big Time)

Pistons and head at the minimum. As pointed out above, if anything broke and metal ran through the motor, it is done. You could get lucky with a JY motor but most resellers lie about mileage so the chance of getting equal or better condition is no good.
  17. SoCal Sam

F1 2024

RIP Binkman. We will always think about him at the start of a new F1 season. Can we crown Max champion and RB constructors now? There are no pre-season questions left unanswered.
  18. SoCal Sam

Apple To Shelf EV Development

Apple is the bellwether for new tech. Apple is the first or second richest company and could easily invest the billions needed to start an EV division. Also noteworthy is CNN reporting on what must be bad news for the green narrative.
  19. SoCal Sam

Anyone Into Old Mercedes?

W124 is all Benz...unlike my W203 which has some Chrysler.
  20. SoCal Sam

The official AK golf thread

P.G.A., haha! I've been watching Bryson videos.
  21. SoCal Sam

Been looking for a launch monitor with screen tracer but have not found a relatively inexpensive set up. The ones I looked at are in the $5k range which is too much. And there is an annual subscription fee which adds insult to injury. Having courses to play would be nice but not necessary. I...
  22. SoCal Sam

Chipped and pitched for an hour yesterday. Getting warmed up was grind then started to enjoy my session. Hit a few seven irons at the range and called it a day.
Back
Top Bottom