Search results

1. SoCal Sam

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

If this passes, new car sales will plummet in favor of older cars that will not be speed limited. No matter. My cars are 2003 and 2005 model years. https://abc7.com/california-speed-limits-proposed-bill-governors/14358919/ If passed, the law would require any new car or truck made or sold in...
  2. SoCal Sam

JAL 516

Incredible footage of JAL 516 colliding with a Dash 8. All passengers in JAL survived. Captain of Dash 8 survived.
  3. SoCal Sam

For Wilt Chamberlain Fans

Wilt the Stilt's former Bel Air home is for sale. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15216-Antelo-Pl-Los-Angeles-CA-90077/20530744_zpid/
  4. SoCal Sam

(Un)Official What's This Car/Truck Noise?

Post your car/truck noise and get some suggestions. I'll start with my Toyota 4Runner which developed this beauty today: Trouble codes are C1223 and C1252. C1252 is hydo-booster motor malfunction which lines up with shrieking sound. What do you think?
  5. SoCal Sam

Help! Toyota 4Runner Dash Noise with Video and Photo

My new to me 2003 Toyota 4Runner has a dash noise that happens with key on, engine on or off. It is coming from within dash. It is not blend door actuator or airflow diverter servo. I unplugged both modules and the noise persists. It is not the cassette deck motor continuously running. It...
  6. SoCal Sam

Help Me Buy a Hybrid

Been looking at Lexus Hybrids. I've test driven a few of them but don't know enough to tell if they are healthy. I know a good battery will move the car at low speed. Engine should engage smoothly. When braking, there is a charging system that engages. How much noise should the energy...
  7. SoCal Sam

Selling Vehicle On Craigslist Is Sketchy

Just sold one of my cars on CL and it was sketchy. I talked to the first reply and made an appointment. Called and texted to confirm but got no answer so I went to the next interested party. He was cool and we closed the deal. The first guy was not happy and ended up getting nasty. I...
  8. SoCal Sam

UPS Strike On the Horizon?

There could be UPS strike next week. If selling, avoid UPS until they resolve labor issue. If buying, request Fedex Ground. I'm a buyer and my item just shipped Fedex Ground. Yes, yes, a first world problem...
  9. SoCal Sam

Brady Bunch House For Sale!

Looks to be restored to TV show condition. This house still draws tourists everyday who go and gawk. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11222-Dilling-St-North-Hollywood-CA-91602/20025974_zpid/
  10. SoCal Sam

UPS Ground vs. Fedex Ground Tracking

I bought a couple of items last week and have been tracking them. Fedex Ground tracking is great with updates everyday. It is coming from CT to CA and is arriving a day early. OTOH, UPS Ground shows one tracking update near the drop off point in TX and has not updated in 5 days. Package is...
  11. SoCal Sam

Ebay: Your account is about to be charged

I think this was for a shoe authentication from several months ago. Problem is I was never notified in advance and now this $4 charge shows up with no documentation. This is the kind of cr*p ebay pulls that makes me want to close my account. Anyone else get these notifications?
  12. SoCal Sam

Youtube Footage from 1940's of Street in my Neighborhood

Concrete street and old timey street lamps are still there. Most of the houses have been torn down and remodeled but a few originals remain.
  13. SoCal Sam

Anyone Into Old Mercedes?

My new ride. Got a decent deal on a 1999 Mercedes E430 Sport. This is a 2 owner California car so no rust. Body is straight and paint appears to be all original. Car weighs about 3,700 pounds and makes 275 hp from an all aluminum 4.3L V8 so a step up in performance. Interestingly, it is...
  14. SoCal Sam

The Unofficial Official Car Fail Thread

Post interesting car fails. Be nice! Rufford Ford. Infamous for people thinking they have boats. Many hydro-locks.
  15. SoCal Sam

Paypal in Trouble?

Saw some bad news today and am thinking about emptying my account.
  16. SoCal Sam

Ebay Postage Problem - Double Purchase Possible

I ran into an annoying problem with Ebay postage purchase. It is possible to double purchase postage for a single item. I got an unable to generate postage label error message from the postage purchase screen. There is no button for re-print or re-generate postage label. I clicked on...
  17. SoCal Sam

Sometimes EBay is Worth the Effort!

There are a few nice people on EBay. This made my day.
  18. SoCal Sam

Two Computers Repaired

Latest buys are two broken computers. First is Apple iMac 27 Late 2012 with i7 and GTX 680MX 2GB which was the top spec. Needed new PRAM battery and I think there is a HDD problem. SSD works. Second is Dell i3 laptop which needed new hard drive. It will play Youtube full screen so it is usable.
  19. SoCal Sam

Hydrogen is a Way Forward

Excellent driving review of new Toyota Fuel Cell Mirai: No 1,000 lb battery. No environmental destruction from industrial scale mining of Lithium, Cobalt, and Nickel. All the convenience and utility of ICE with no charging wait time. Plus it has 400 mile range.
  20. SoCal Sam

Inexpensive and Fast Shipper USA to UK

A UK buyer recommended Transglobal Express for shipping 36 pound box, 19x19x18 inches. USPS rate was $235. TG quoted $105 for service using DHL. I think TG is a consolidator of some sort. I was skeptical so I checked DHL and for laughs UPS and Fedex. All three were over $500. Buyer was...
  21. SoCal Sam

Incredible Tornado Footage From Andover, KS

Hope everyone is OK. This is the best Tornado footage I have ever seen.
  22. SoCal Sam

Empty Box Syndrome Is Real

23. SoCal Sam

Auction for Estate of Beloved Alex Trebek...

Alex's Estate Sale. https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Studio-City/91604/3243012
  24. SoCal Sam

Tesla to buy Mercedes?

Tesla shill media is floating the idea. Tesla buying Mercedes actually makes a lot of sense. Tesla gets manufacturing expertise and quality control. Tesla also gets experience on how to run a profitable car company. Tesla has made very little money from car making, certainly not enough to...
Back
Top Bottom