Search results

1. Yemm66

Pioneer SX-880 C408 on my unit is different??

That's what I was thinking as well. All these years and fine. Just kinda odd.
  2. Yemm66

Pioneer SX-880 C408 on my unit is different??

Hi. Recapping my SX-880 and the C408 cap I have in place from the Factory is a 220uf 80v. The vast majority of photos I see out there show this to be a 330uf 80v. Should I replace what is in there with the same thing or move up to the 330uf? My unit was built in June of 1979, so maybe an updated...
  3. Yemm66

Thorens TD 145 mk1

4. Yemm66

Thorens TD 145 mk1

You can see the burnt coil. Lightning strike?
  5. Yemm66

Thorens TD 145 mk1

6. Yemm66

Thorens TD 145 mk1

If I remember correctly, it was 4.5k ohms?
  7. Yemm66

Thorens TD 145 mk1

Figured it out. I had a bad motor start coil in the motor. It would vibrate but not grab the belt to spin the platter unless you did a push by hand to help it get going. Replaced the motor and all is good.
  8. Yemm66

Thorens TD 145 mk1

Hello and good morning! I have a Thorens TD 145 mk1 that I cannot get the platter to “bite” on startup. It spins fine, but I have to push the platter to get it going, otherwise it slips on the motor spindle. Once going it spins at 33.3. I have a brand new Thorens belt too. Spindle and platter...
  9. Yemm66

Denon DRA 825R capacitor buzz

Solved the issue. Used a 22,000 uf audio grade capacitor and it works wonderfully! Holds station memory and no buzz. All is good. Thanks for the suggestions folks.
  10. Yemm66

Thanks avionic. I used this exact cap. It was the one that buzzed. I wonder what the problem could be? I tried another one as I ordered 2 of them to be safe. Both did the buzzing and you could here FM come through other settings such as cd. Low, but audible. When the original cap is put back all...
  11. Yemm66

Thanks. Much appreciated.
  12. Yemm66

"Many capacitors may be labeled with “mF” (lower case “m”). In this case "mF" means microfarads, not millifarads. This is supposedly because the labeling equipment owned by the manufacturers is not capable of printing the Greek letter mu (μ). 1 Capacitors are also commonly labeled with “MF”...
  13. Yemm66

Yes, the yellow cap is the stock cap. I assume it is a millifarad cap and not a micro farad?
  14. Yemm66

I was told it was a millifarad rated cap?
  15. Yemm66

Hi Dan. Yes, I will get those to you soon. I am actually leaving for a couple of days so I will have to work on it when I get back on Sunday. I appreciate the help.
  16. Yemm66

The cap I put in it's place...The buzz cap.
  17. Yemm66

I replaced with a Kemet .022 5.5v and have the buzz at low volume. You can here it through the tweeter on my speakers. Put the old one back in and it goes away. Can't find a cap like this anymore. Could a regular 22000 MF electrolytic be used in it's place? I have one of those. Just not sure how...
  18. Yemm66

Hi Dan. Here is the cap in question.
  19. Yemm66

Sorry. Typo. I did replace with a .022 super cap. Thanks for pointing out my posting error.
  20. Yemm66

Hope someone can help with an issue I am having with this Capacitor. I removed a 22 millifarad 5.5v capacitor from my Denon Receiver and replaced it with a 0.22 5.5v Kemet supercapacitor for the memory section of presets on the tuner. It is a polar cap with positive and negative configuration...
  21. Yemm66

Denon DRA-825R AV Receiver

Hope someone can help with an issue I am having with this Capacitor. I removed a 22 millifarad 5.5v capacitor from my Denon Receiver and replaced it with a 0.22 5.5v Kemet supercapacitor for the memory section of presets on the tuner. It is a polar cap with positive and negative configuration...
  22. Yemm66

Thank you so much for that information. I really appreciate your help. Now to order the part. Have a great rest of your weekend!
  23. Yemm66

Ran into this capacitor today. Never seen one before. Can anyone tell me what it is? It says 22 mf 5.5v "SB" on the label What type of capacitor can you use in it's place? It's kinda big for it's small value. Thanks for the help. It wouldn't show any value on my meter either. It is a cheap...
  24. Yemm66

Odd FM light situation Pioneer SX 680

French cars. I like their bread better.
  25. Yemm66

Odd FM light situation Pioneer SX 680

Thanks to Merlynski, Schanz, and Watthour for your suggestions on the SX-680. I finally found the problem. The FM, Aux, phono selector turned out to be cold solder joint(s) on the pins to the board. I was bracing my finger against it while poking around and the light would go out with pressure...
Back
Top Bottom