Search results

1. C

AT33PTG/ll For Mission 774SM Tonearm

Hi Guys, I recently picked up a Mission 774SM tonearm (16 gram mass) with the thought of getting into MC cartridges. After looking around at what's available the AT33PTG/ll looks interesting, but I can't find any info. with regards to tonearm requirements. I want to get it right the first time...
  2. C

Airco Electronics Resistors

Hi guys, I just picked up a large assortment of 1/4 and 1/2 watt Airco resistors. I can't find much about them. They are carbon film, 5% type which measure less than 1% off (on those that I checked). I didn't pay that much considering there are thousands of them (32 pound box) and they are...
  3. C

Isolated Ground Circuits

Hi all, in a few weeks I'm going to bring the electric in my house into the 21st century by having the service upgraded to 200 amps. I've been having ongoing hum problems with the stereo and also ghost problems with the TV. From what I've read several things could be the problem so I figure I'd...
  4. C

Dynaco SCA-80Q

Hi guys, that was a long rainy weekend without Audiokarma. Anyway, yesterday I picked up an unbuilt SCA-80Q on Ebay. I know some people think it's a piece of junk, but I look at it as something I may have built back in the 70's if I went down the electronics path instead of the automotive path...
  5. C

Mark III Driver Boards

Hi Guys, I want to install a pair of Tubes4HiFi boards on the Mark III's. The problem I'm having is hooking them up the SDS cap. boards that the previous owner installed. I can't find the info. on how to do this. If anyone did a mod. like this I would sure appreciate some help. Thanks, camaroguy.
  6. C

Mark III Balance Kit Upgrade

Hi Guys, my MK III's have both the cap and driver boards from Triode Electronics. I was going to upgrade with the separate bias pot kit they sell until I ran across the balance kit from Dynakitparts. Has anyone put the Dynakitparts upgrade in a MK III with the Triode boards? With the balance kit...
  7. C

Spendor SP-1

Hi guys, well it's been over a month listening to the Spendors and all I can say I'm very happy with them. I added an M&K sub. that I installed a new driver from Audio Mavin and also spikes that match the ones I put under the Target Audio stands. I settled on the Dynaco MKIII's as the best...
  8. C

Spendor SP-1 Mounting

Hi guys, I just picked up a pair of SP-1s and I'm looking for opinions. First off they sound great. I have them on 10 inch Target Audio metal stands which are drilled and tapped for M6 spikes/cones on both the base and the speaker platform. I ordered spikes for the bases but I'm wondering what...
  9. C

Speaker Cable Length

Hi Guys, this might be a silly question but here goes. In a bi-amp system would it matter if the cables that hook to the tweeter/mids are two feet longer than the cables that hook to the woofers? I have four runs of eight foot cables hooked up now and I want to try a pair of ten footers for the...
  10. C

Hello From Upstate New York

Hi guys and gals, I decided to get back into playing with stereos again last year. After upgrading on several fronts, I'd have to say I'm hooked like I am with cars. Anyway hello everyone, Ron.
Back
Top Bottom