Search results

1. frankbooth

Luxman L-509X Integrated in the house

Congrats. I’ve been enjoying my 505 for the last few years but the 509 is my endgame piece. Heard it a few times at my dealer and it’s amazing. My 505 looks good and is built well but the 9 has some serious casework beauty. Enjoy!
  2. frankbooth

Coffee

I'll let you know in a few days. I just ordered one last week but when it came in it was broken. I got the smaller 32oz machine as I have limited counter space and only use this machine during the week for my travel mug. It should be the same as the larger machine just without the adjustable...
  3. frankbooth

Plinius Hautonga Integrated Amplifier

I'll enjoy checking back on this thread. This amp has been on my radar so this is interesting to me.
  4. frankbooth

If you were spending $4K on an Integrated, what would you choose and why?

Just saw that you purchased the Lux. congrats on that. I've really been enjoying my 505 u. Interesting observation about the tone controls. I mostly leave them off but occasionally engage it during late night sessions. I haven't tried them engaged but set flat. Sounds like I'll be trying...
  5. frankbooth

If you were spending $4K on an Integrated, what would you choose and why?

I think you’re on the right track with Luxman. The Hegel stuff is real nice for an all-in-one solution but, for me, the Lux is sweeter. BEK now carries Moon as well as Luxman, Rogue, and Hegel so it’s a great shop to audition these. I’m not much for the tone controls but now that I have them I...
  6. frankbooth

Rega P8 with Alpheta 2 cart?

I briefly talked to my local dealer about the P8 but I didn't go with it for various reasons. However, the one thing they told me that brought me pause was their strong recommendation that I use a wall shelf if my listening room wasn't on concrete. They said it is very affected by footfalls. YMMV
  7. frankbooth

High End Turntables

Got the Soundsmith Zephyr mkIII last week and have been running it in. I’m glad my dealer talked me into this purchase, this is going to give me joy for a long time to come. It was a big chunk of change but it’s factory rebuild able and just brings so much out of my records. A phono pre upgrade...
  8. frankbooth

High End Turntables

Well, I order this cart 7 weeks ago and it's finally here. Soundsmith Zephyr is in and will be installed this weekend. This is the new body style. Super stoked and can't wait until I finally have it. I wanted a more set it and forget it cart and was talked out of the MIMC version by my shop...
  9. frankbooth

Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

I’ve been waiting months for that Jimmy set. Get it to me!!
  10. frankbooth

Loving these set ups.

Looking good!
  11. frankbooth

RichPA's main system

That's some speaker change! What prompted you to go this way? How do you like the silks?
  12. frankbooth

Analysis plus oval 9’s vs. Kimber 8tc speaker cables

I'm interested in your further thoughts. I'm looking at both these cables for a move. Quite some time ago I had Blue Jeans cables and, while nice, they were very dull compared to the Morrows that I replaced them with.
  13. frankbooth

High End Turntables

Thanks Timf. With the same 10X5 as I used on my scout and old Music Hall, this table sounds completely different than the others. So much snappier and detailed while retaining most of the black background the VPI had. The arm has a real solid feel that I appreciate. I couldn’t get used to that...
  14. frankbooth

High End Turntables

Not quite “high end” but a stout performer. Immediately bettered my Scout with the same cart. Acoustic Signature Primus, I went for an upgrade to the TA-700 arm. My dealer gave me a nice price on this so I couldn’t refuse. I had spent some time researching tables in the $2-3k price range...
  15. frankbooth

Pro-Ject,Music Hall or Thorens

I was going to grab that Pro-ject but my wife isn't keen on the styling. I'm looking at other options but I really love the look of those things. I think that's the real bargain here.
  16. frankbooth

Best turntable for entry level audiophile?

https://www.partsconnexion.com/thorens_ss47660.html check this site too
  17. frankbooth

I still say you should buy new. Open a box, plug in, listen. Keep looking at the big online retailers, like daily. Their clearance and specials get updated often. Here's an entry level VPI with a Grado mounted for under $700 delivered...
  18. frankbooth

'high-end' power supply for amps and preamps?!? Backert Labs

Well, congrats on the purchase. These guys are serious audiophiles and interesting to talk to. Looking forward to your impressions.
  19. frankbooth

'high-end' power supply for amps and preamps?!? Backert Labs

Well congratulations. The owners/designers of Backert labs are in my audiophile club. I’ve spoken to one of them at length about their preamps and the technology. almost bought one last year. I’ve heard one of them in a system and the sound was amazing. Couldn’t tell you if it was the pre...
  20. frankbooth

My System Weighs a Ton

Miuzi weighs a ton. Cool space
  21. frankbooth

Speaker Shopping - one man's experience with High End models

I’m still waiting for the pictures
  22. frankbooth

Border Patrol vs Mytek Liberty $999

Apparently some people can hear music through a spec page. They must be the “GoldenEars”.
  23. frankbooth

For someone new to vinyl my suggestion, every time, is buy a new table with a cart mounted and roll with that. You don’t have to mess with anything, you have a warranty, and piece of mind. I had various cheap vintage tables in the past and went with a new MMF 2.2 and I thought it was amazing...
  24. frankbooth

Benchmark DAC3 - First impressions

Interested in your ongoing thoughts. I've been itching for an upgrade and was thinking about going to another manufacturer however I really enjoy my DAC 2.
Back
Top Bottom