Search results

1. frankbooth

Acoustic Signature Tables-any experience?

I'm looking into new tables in the 2-3k price range and I'm having a look at Acoustic Signature. One of my local shops carries them and speaks very highly about the value of these compared to other manufacturers, even others they carry. Anyway, the Primus is their 'entry' level table and is what...
  2. frankbooth

Justrideit rips!

great deal with quick shipping. All you could ask for. Thanks!
  3. frankbooth

DBXDX5=A+

Ordered some CD's and got them within a few days and packed very well. Thanks!
  4. frankbooth

Budget power distribution needed.

Looks like I might be scoring a pair of W4S mAps but have a dilemma. I've got a dedicated line with one socket going to my Furman powering my DAC and accessories and the other socket for my amp. I'm going to need something to power both amps without restricting current. Something like this...
  5. frankbooth

New Amp recommendations-Class D

So, I'm looking for recommendations for an amplifier. In my quest to shrink my system's footprint, the amplifier is the final key. I'm using the Benchmark DAC 2 HGC as my DAC and preamp. Sources are a dedicated Mac Mini and my Music Hall table running through the amazing Vista Audio phono...
  6. frankbooth

DAC 2 HGC-System Changes

A few months ago I decided to stop procrastinating and start ripping my CD collection. i wanted the CDs out of my main living area anyway. I got a Mac mini and got to work. after getting the CDs ripped and moved out I really liked the idea of having an even smaller footprint for the gear and...
  7. frankbooth

Benchmark DAC2 HGC-Anyone use one?

I'm looking for impressions from anyone that has one or has heard one. Besides the DAC section, anyone use this as a preamp? I'm looking to downsize the footprint of my system while adding a DSD DAC and this is one route that I'm considering. Coupled with some sort of small footprint amp would...
  8. frankbooth

Curtain for glass sliding door

So I'm looking to replace the annoying vertical blinds with a nice thick curtain in my main listening area. I'm not having any luck with off the shelf curtains in the length and width I need. I'm wondering if getting something insulated and possibly with a backing material might help even...
  9. frankbooth

Olson Jr. great seller

Do you need to pack CD's to survive a train crash? No, but he does it anyway! :thmbsp:
  10. frankbooth

Vintag 5.0 is quality

Great buyer and a pleasure to deal with. Thanks again!
  11. frankbooth

MMF 5.1 and 10X5. What's wrong?

So I have a Music Hall MMF 5.1 that's about a year old and have been wanting a cart upgrade. Decided the DV was going to be it. Since I haven't messed with swapping carts etc. I figured I would have my dealer do it. So I dropped my table off and they did everything and also lubed the bearing...
  12. frankbooth

NJ Phoenix

Great and honest seller and takes good care of his stuff! Thanks for the demo
  13. frankbooth

April Music Stello Ai500

Anyone ever heard one? One popped up as a trade-in at my local shop. I'll be taking it home for the long weekend. :banana: http://www.stereotimes.com/amp071411.shtml
  14. frankbooth

Need a small, cheap amplifier for outdoor speakers

So, the new integrated I'm buying only has one set of speaker outputs. My old integrated would run two sets of speakers so I'm thinking about using the pre-outs to an amp to power my outside speakers. I don't need a whole lot of power, I'm not looking to blow out the neighbors, just hear some...
  15. frankbooth

Repair tech PA/NJ area needed

Anyone know any decent tech's in the area to work on solid state equipment? Anywhere near Philly, the Lehigh Valley or into NJ would be helpful. Thanks.
  16. frankbooth

New KEF's! No, not LS 50's.

:D So, I've had these Monitor Audio RX6's for a while now and I could never get them to sound "right" in my room. I had 5 different amps in here to try and get the best out of them but I finally came to realize that they just didn't work in my listening area. It's 10.5 x 16.5 and opens to the...
  17. frankbooth

Dedicated line, what do I need?

So, I have a contractor out here doing some kitchen stuff. He was recommended by my favorite hifi shop owner. He's going to do some light electrical work also and I asked him about putting in a 20a line for me and he will do it pretty cheap. So, what do I really need? My shop sells hospital...
  18. frankbooth

Iamjaymo A+

Bought an amp that looked brand new, properly packed and quickly shipped. Great seller and would love to buy from him again. Great experience all around.
  19. frankbooth

coop3r is good!

I bought records from him a few times now. Always as described, always quick shipping. Thanks!
  20. frankbooth

Rotel RA-1060

For sale on CL for $200. Excellent condition with a "slight" scratchy sound out of the volume knob when you turn it by hand. I've read up on these and they got decent reviews. Worth it? Or save some more cash and get a newer NAD?
  21. frankbooth

SX-990 (another) help

New here and have basically no skills as far as electronics repair. I recently gained posession of my fathers old equipment and want to see it working again. Pioneer SX-990 and a pair of Dynaco A-25's Everything is in great looking shape. I connected the A25's to my H/T receiver and...
Back
Top Bottom