Search results

1. crisco

Harbeth P3ESR 40th Anniversary

Every year i attend the Montreal audio show...and they always have the P3s hooked up....with either Rega gear or Accuphase. Can listen to those forever...you likely have something extra special in your room.
  2. crisco

Harbeth P3ESR 40th Anniversary

Wow...just wow. Those speakers in that finish are simply outstanding. I have enjoyed my 30.1s for the past two yrs. My room dictates that particular model. And they work wonderfully for me and my ears. The Harbeth sound is not everyone's cup of tea. But i have grown into the brand...
  3. crisco

Harbeth Owners Thread

Cool! Glad that addition is working for you. That extra heft in the bottom end really does add something special on certain tracks doesnt it?
  4. crisco

Harbeth Owners Thread

Deleted
  5. crisco

Harbeth Owners Thread

6. crisco

Harbeth Owners Thread

Surprisingly easy to integrate it.Now bear in mind that I dont have measurements to back me up, but I sense that my room is fairly bass friendly. Crossed over at 70 Hz and the volume dial of the sub set modestly at 8 oclock close to minimum. The result is a tight, precise non boomy bass...
  7. crisco

Harbeth Owners Thread

Recently picked up, and have been enjoying (tremendously) a new set of M30.1's (Rosewood). Supplemented with a Totem Storm sub, the sound in my room is refined, detailed, full scale and oh so natural. Couldn't be happier.
  8. crisco

Tubes for Everyman!

Art, sorry to hear about the rug being pulled out from under your feet so suddenly like that. I too have had my situation altered this year as my wife became ill and we had to go down to one income - which put any thought of extra purchases on hold. Obviously, the audio stuff is a secondary...
  9. crisco

Tubes for Everyman!

Art, That Raven looks very nice, indeed. Love the fact that it comes with a minimalist remote and is self biasing - no fuss. And even though it's rated at 20 watts per channel, I think it will handle your 7's without issue (that's just my opinion - but I you're in the perfect great situation...
  10. crisco

LM 211 or 216?

I've owned a 211ia for over 3 yrs now and love it. Drives my 91 db speakers with ease. As mentioned above, the el34 will sound more "tubelike" than a kt88. Even though the 30.1 are less efficient, they are an easy speaker to drive and the harbeth wattage recomendation is likely based upon ss...
  11. crisco

The Top 100 Quintessential Jazz Songs?

Not a single Oscar Peterson or Jimmy Smith? Reminds of some classical stations that only playPachelbel's canon, Fur Elise and Rondo a la Turk, etc without ever discovering the Appasionata sonata, any of Bach's cantatas, or other more obscure yet thoroughly engaging pieces.
  12. crisco

Speaker Opinions

Why not try a used rel t5 to fill in the bottom end? If it doesnt pan out, sell them for little or no loss. I notice your amp is a NAD. Perhaps something from PSB would be a good match...the new x2t if you can stretch your budget.
  13. crisco

Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

imho, this too deserves your consideration http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54
  14. crisco

Demo'ed some Harbeth C7ES3 W/ Rogue Pharaoh

Good summary. Interesting that you found the 7s were stronger with rock music while they were less impressive with jazz and instrumental. This is the exact opposite of what most owners and reviewers find. The woody tone that the box injects into the sound is often credited for rendering...
  15. crisco

New Standmount Speakers--Considering KEF LS50 and B&W PM1

Thanks for the review as well. Just wondering how difficult / easy the PM1's are to drive? Would they get by with a push pull tube amp ~32 watts per channel? thanks
  16. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

Art, Thanks for posting that detailed comparo. It's very helpful. Could you comment on the soundstaging and imaging of the Harbeths? Thanks
  17. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

Very sweet!
  18. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

Thanks for the observations guys. It is reassuring to hear from those that actually own these speakers as they match my observations gained from a number of auditions over the past year or so. Alan Shaw has said that aluminium based drivers tend to inject ringing to voices. I notice this to...
  19. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

good to know, thanks.
  20. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

Art, not sure if this would work or not (I haven't tried this myself), but what about some Moongel pads? http://www.rtom.com/moongel.htm I use these for cleaning the stylus of my cartridge (lower the arm and have the stylus dip into the gel), but I imagine that they might be useful for...
  21. crisco

Going to demo Line Magnetic 216

what brand/type did you buy?
  22. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

Art, congrats on the new speakers. I will be curious to hear your impressions as you unavoidably compare the 7's to the LS50's. Obviously two distinct species, each with their own strengths and characteristics. The reason for my interest stems from my hearing both several times in a store...
  23. crisco

Harbeth C7ES-3

Love the Harbeth sound. A Harbeth of one flavor or another is on my "next speaker" list. Enjoy!
  24. crisco

Simaudio Moon 100D

Imho, as a satisfied owner, a no brainer at that price.
  25. crisco

Going to demo Line Magnetic 216

Welcome to the Line Magnetic club! Nice choice :-)
Back
Top Bottom