Search results

1. AudioAddict

Reference 450R By Quadraflex Tuner problem

I gave up on the tuner, but found two resistors burned on each channel..R743 and R744.. I was watching a video on a repair of a FET receiver and the resistors I mentioned look like theyre 10 ohms. They appear to be Brown, Black, Black, Gold ,White (or Silver) Anyone have a 450R they can check...
  2. AudioAddict

DCM TimeFrame 600's Right woofer rattle

Howdy Folks! I have a pair of the above mentioned speakers. Im wondering , do the woofers have rubber surrounds or foam? My right speakers woofer is making a strange rattling sound, if I press very lightly on the right side of the surround through the grille cloth the rattle goes away. Im...
  3. AudioAddict

Carver HR-722 Dead/No Power

Im still scratching my head on this HR-722.. I even pulled the relay and checked the coil and it is good, checked the contacts and they were great. I re-installed the power relay and plugged in the unit and depressed the actuator on the relay (Manually closing the power contacts) and it's still...
  4. AudioAddict

Carver HR-722 Dead/No Power

Howdy gang! I just received delivery on my Carver HR-722 I won off the bay for $69.00. Trouble is , that it is completely dead. Ive pinpointed the trouble somewhere on Board 'BU-814' Ive checked the obvious things like the power switch itself which seems to be fine Ive got 5.6 volts on pin 5...
  5. AudioAddict

Reference 450R By Quadraflex Tuner problem

I picked up this jewel off the bay for dirt cheap.. The problem Im having is when in FM mode when I tune in a station it'll work for about 400 microseconds and the sound fades out. All other functions work Tape etc.. and sound pretty good.. This isnt a high powered unit but it just looked cool...
  6. AudioAddict

Carver HR-722 Dead

Nevermind My bad. I went The Carversite.com and found a pristine manual!! Thanks anyway!! AudioAddict
  7. AudioAddict

Carver HR-722 Dead

Howdy folks! I just received delivery on a Carver HR-722 I grabbed off the bay on the cheap. Cosmetically its pristine but unfortunately its DOA. Im trying my darnedest to locate a legible service manual for this thing . All I can find is grainy blurry crap service manuals. I even looked on Sams...
  8. AudioAddict

DCM TF600 score and questions

I just scored a pair of these and they sound great! The problem is that the socks are trashed. What material would I need to get ? Is there some sort of 'Guide' on AK about redoing the socks on TF-600's?
  9. AudioAddict

DCM Timeframe tf-600 complete overhaul

I just scored a pair of these and they sound great! The problem is that the socks are trashed. What material would I need to get ? Is there some sort of 'Guide' on AK about redoing the socks on TF-600's?
  10. AudioAddict

DCM TimeFrame 600's Question:

Thanks for the replies. I received the Tf600's yesterday and they were very well packed. But, the socks are in awful condition :( and the woofers seem to 'bottom out' as I add bass to the sound Did the TF600's have foam surrounds or Rubber? I'm kinda wondering if maybe the spiders have come...
  11. AudioAddict

DCM TimeFrame 600's Question:

I just scored a pair of TF600 off reverb. The end caps are black. Can I sand these things off to make them natural wood? Thanks , Audio Addict
  12. AudioAddict

DCM Time Frame 600 -vs- TF-700

Hi Folks! Just wondering what is the difference between the TF 600 and the TF 700 DCM speakers? Thanks , and stay safe! Audio Addict
  13. AudioAddict

Vandersteen 2C Speakers

Hi Folks , Im curious about these speakers. I've never heard them before and if anyone has a pair or has had a pair, can you provide your opinion of them? Thanks , AudioAddict
  14. AudioAddict

Just had a brilliant idea!!

Can you see the lit light bulb over my head with an exclamation mark? LOL Well as you all know ,I've been fighting this bass feedback from my subs using a Marantz 6150 turntable. A little background here. I'm living in a townhouse with a 1 car garage. I built a free floating studio/...
  15. AudioAddict

Is this warp acceptable to you or would you send back...

Hi, I ordered an original out of print LP 'Electromagnets' (Eric Johnson's band before it became "Eric Johnson" ( Cliffs Of Dover). It's kind of a fusion jazz") It has a warp similar to the one you posted on youtube. I kept it because I'll probably never luck out and find another copy of this...
  16. AudioAddict

Turntable question

Thanks for the reply and ideas gadget. :) I'll try some isolation techniques and see what I can come up with.:thmbsp: P.S. I only get the feedback when the turntable is playing an LP, although when I crank the volume up with the tonearm at rest on the cradle with the platter spinning, I can...
  17. AudioAddict

Turntable question

I currently have in my listening room a Marantz 6150 TT fitted with an audio-technica AT12XE cart. I posted in another thread about having two 500 watt 18" powered subwoofers. I moved said subs to the back of my listening space with the drivers facing outwards approx. 9 feet away from my...
  18. AudioAddict

Soundcraftsmen Preamp/eq

Well, I received the unit yesterday and found it was double boxed and very well packed..:) It definitely is the CX-4200. Its the best sounding preamp that I have ever heard! :music: I have the preamp driving my Carver a400x through a pair of DCM Timeframe 600's.Im using a Marantz 6150 TT with...
  19. AudioAddict

Using Marantz 2226 to drive subs

To start out with I came into some money a while back. I immediately ordered 2 - 10 space rack mount cases, won a Marantz 6150 TT off the bay, then proceeded to order two Seismic Audio 18" 500 watt powered subwoofers, speaker poles, and 2- 2 way 12" with compression horn 'Tops'. I then ordered...
  20. AudioAddict

Soundcraftsmen Preamp/eq

Binkman,I'm gonna take both preamps that are the source of my aggravation (and high blood pressure) and slap them on the 'Bay' as is , for parts or repair. Maybe a more experienced tech will snatch em' up and fix em'..:) The Adcom has a wanky input selector switch, and the Nikko has 'White...
  21. AudioAddict

Soundcraftsmen Preamp/eq

Well, having so much aggravation with these Adcom and Nikko preamps I went ahead and bought the Soundcraftsmen Differential Comparator Preamp Equalizer CX4200 for 129.00 from eBay. Sadly enough I cant find any specs on the preamp like when it was built etc.. Anyone familiar with this preamp...
  22. AudioAddict

Soundcraftsmen CX4200

I found one of these Soundcraftsmen Differential Comparator Preamp Equalizer CX4200 for 129.00..Can I use this EQ/Preamp to run my MM Cartridge? On the back it has switches for MC but nothing about MM..Just wondering.. Thanks , AudioAddict
  23. AudioAddict

Nikko Beta 20 Preamp (white noise)

After having such problems with the Adcom GFP-1A, I bought a used Nikko Beta 20 preamp. The left channel works but there's white noise on the left channel that I cant quite track down. I've opened the unit, soldered some cracked solder joints, removed all pots one by one and used deoxit to...
  24. AudioAddict

Adcom GFP-1A Preamp

I purchased an Adcom GFP-1A Preamp on ebay. After having a lot of trouble with this beast I've narrowed it down to the input selector switch being wanky.I can push in or move the switch slightly with my thumb and the right channel comes back. Knowing that I'll probably never find this selector...
  25. AudioAddict

Just scored a Carver A-400x Power Amp

Hello fellow AK'ers . I just scored a Carver A-400x Power amp,and was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a pair of rack mount ears for this unit? Peace, AudioAddict
Back
Top Bottom