Search results

1. atkinsonrr

C2200 Balance Control has become Input Selector!

Hello all -- I turned on my system this morning and noticed R channel output is lower than L channel output on the meters of both preamp and amp. When I push the mono switch both channels sound and look to be on the meters at the same level. Now here is the strange part. When I tried to...
  2. atkinsonrr

Report on Psvane KT88s in MC275 MkVI

I recently started a thread over on AudioAfficionado to gather any info on folks' experience with Shuguang Black Treasure tubes in a MkVI. Wanted some feedback as a) the Mk IV is different than earlier re-issue MC275's and b) the only mention I had found previously on the MkVI and the Treasures...
  3. atkinsonrr

Differing MC275 Output Tube Temps! Normal?

I just retubed the output tubes on my MC275 Mk VI (see my post on Psvane tubes). I just checked KT 88 tube temps with an infrared thermometer and temps are all over the place. From left to right, V8 is 130F; V9 is 230F; V10 is 290F; V11 is 321F. Is this normal? Or do I have a bias problem? Or...
  4. atkinsonrr

Anyone have a fix for yellowed meters?

I have a C2200 whose meters yellowed before I purchased it. They yellowed from the heat of the lighting (the C2200 is pre-LED). It now has the "spacer mod" that allows ventilation and prevents overheating inside the meters so they are no longer yellowing. But I would like to get them back to...
Back
Top Bottom