Search results

1. GD70

Spring Peekskill, NY, Blue Mtn. Lodge Meet. Saturday June 15th!

Hi all, The last Spring meet attendance was very disappointing, 10 attended including myself. We had a great time, conversation, food. Many said they were planning to attend, and didn’t show. I understand life gets in the way sometimes. I had hoped the Lodge meets would grow into a large...
  2. GD70

ONKYO M-508 Shipping damage

Hi all, I bought this from a seller on U.S. Audio Mart. Amp has been rebuilt. When the deal was made, I was very specific as to how to properly pack it. It was shipping from Montana to NY. It arrived, and the packing was OK, but should have been better. USPS treats heavy boxes like crap...
  3. GD70

JVC/Nivico-GB-1E Resto

Hi all, These speakers were part of my Dad's system, which he bought directly from JVC back around 1968 when he did all the creative advertising when they started to seriously import into the U.S. I grew up with this system, hence my love for JVC gear. They put out surprising bass, and a very...
  4. GD70

Vandersteen Model 2c woofer rattle issue

Hi all, I just got these and they appear all original. I know very little about their history. They will need new socks, top grill fabric, and some veneer repairs. They do have the very heavy factory stands. SN#s 32248C, 32249C. They sound great, but with deep bass passages, both rear 10 inch...
  5. GD70

KLH Six circa 1968 Restoration w/Pics!

Hey all! I picked these up almost 1 1/2 years ago from the 2nd owner. He was selling his house, and contacted me here on AK to see if I had any interest in them, which of course I did! He told me they came with the house when he bought it, how long ago I don't know. Overall they are in pretty...
  6. GD70

ADS L980 Refurb

Hi all! I've been working on a set of gorgeous L980s for a client in Puerto Rico. He worked out a deal and bought these from the 2nd owner and I picked them up last December, 2 hours north of me here in NY. They were in storage for years, in their original boxes with all the documentation! My...
  7. GD70

Owners opinions on the Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III

Hi all, I wanted one of these when they were available what 4-5 years ago. No longer produced now. I have a Denon DL103 with the ZU Audio mod and it’s stellar. I still think about the Sumiko though. If one shows up on epay or BT, should I consider it, or are there better in the price range, or...
  8. GD70

KEF 104.2 restoration, latest.

Hi all, I’m currently restoring a beautiful set with Walnut veneer. Woofers and crossovers are done, waiting for another tube of Ferro fluid for the 2nd tweeter. I had to do a couple small veneer repairs, and also noticed some areas where the original finish has lightened, maybe from sunlight...
  9. GD70

♫♫ Saturday May 6th, 2023 Spring Blue Mt. Audio fest. Peekskill, NY ♫♫

The Lodge is booked! Same fee to cover the rental cost of 250.00. And I asked, the water main is fixed! Doors open 8am, to 4pm. The Lodge rental is 250.00. Due at the door 20.00. We have lots of AKers in the tri-state area, and up in Mass, hint-hint-GUILT! If you can, please paypal me and I'll...
  10. GD70

AR-3a Restoration-Latest.

I've been working on these for the last two months. They are early 3as with the Alnico cloth surround woofers. Overall, in decent shape, but have minor moisture swelling in a couple of joints, scratches and most corners need repairs. Someone had been in them at some point. Looks like a mid and...
  11. GD70

New to me MMGs!

I got these from my co-worker, (also a Maggie owner) who had been storing them for his friend living in NYC. He didn't have room for them in his apartment, so there they sat in storage for several years unused. I kept wanting to hear them, and compare to my SMGs. My coworker brought them to my...
  12. GD70

Maggie MMGs!

Hi all, I got these from my co-worker who was storing them for a friend living in NYC. He didn't have room for them, so my co-worker had them in storage for several years. He brought them to the Lodge-my driveway meet for me to audition for a while, and I bought them. First, they sound...
  13. GD70

JVC AX-Z1010TN-Volume pot damaged during shipping! Fixed!

Hi all, I've been casually looking for one of these amps for a while. One popped up on epay and I bought it. Almost mint, with original box, manual, optical cable, unused remote and batteries. Barely a spec of dust on the PC boards, like it was just opened. Unfortunately, the original foam...
  14. GD70

♫♫ Saturday October 29th, 2022 Fall Blue Mt. Audio fest. Peekskill, NY ♫♫

I'm glad to announce we are back for the next Lodge meet! Doors open 8am, to 8pm. The Lodge rental is 250.00. Due at the door 20.00. We have lots of AKers in the tri-state area, and up in Mass, hint-hint, it would be great to see old friends and make new friends too! If you can, please paypal...
  15. GD70

Restoring JVC-Nivico SRC-700U-rubber bushing part source question and Plinth re-veneer resto.

Hey all! This was my dads, part of his JVC system, and has sat idle for probably 15-20 years. I'm making good progress on the de-grease-re-lube stage. The speed selector is now free and spinning freely. The grease was solid, I couldn't rotate it at all. So now my next issue is the motor mount...
  16. GD70

My restored Scott LK-72 has a recent red plate issue.

Hey all, Back in 2014 when I bought the amp, I replaced all the caps except the caps on the front panel, the selenium rectifier, replaced the first resistor with a 33ohm 5w resistor. Two years ago, all 4 cans replaced with cans from Hayseed hamfest. I posted about blowing a fuse a couple...
  17. GD70

Audio Pro B2-50 Powered subwoofer

Hey all, I picked this up this week for free. Donator had no idea if it works. I haven't had a chance to power it up yet, but hope to do so over the holidays. Seems to be fairly rare. It's in pretty good overall condition, needs some cleanup, a light cab sanding and a Watcos oil treatment and...
  18. GD70

Scott LK-72 fuse replacement sources

Morning gents! My LK-72 blew the fuse, 3AG 2 1/2A 125V Slo-blo. Where are you all sourcing your fuses from? Searching on line gives many results, though not what I think I need. Thanks in advance!
  19. GD70

Yes, Your ADS L980s Can Rock a Wedding!

We had my daughters wedding two weekends ago, and what a great 3 day's it was at an RB&B in Saugerties, NY! 25 people attended, a prefect and intimate group in these days of COVID. The bride & groom requested I supply the sound system and of course I agreed! I used the Victor M-7050 & McIntosh...
  20. GD70

Technics SL-1900-Left channel went silent.

Hey all, I bought this several years ago at Frankenfest, excellent condition, sold it to my brother a year or so ago, and it worked perfectly. About 3-4 months ago, he said the left channel cut out. He played with the RCA plugs, got it to sort of work for a bit, now silent. I have it, played...
  21. GD70

Sansui AU-7900-What to do.

Hey all, I was given this amp from my neighbors Dad, the original owner. It sat in his basement, unused for many years. He said it had worked intermittently the last time he used it. There's some surface rust on the top case side, and the rear panel with all the inputs on the left corner a bit...
  22. GD70

The Boys are at it again! Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk! Silly!

Pic says it all! Love these guys!
  23. GD70

KEF 104.2 Restoration and pics!

Hey all! I gent in Manhattan was recommended to me by AKer Drugolf to restore his KEFs. He's the original owner, and a sound engineer to boot! He had disassembled them prior to delivering them to my house. At first he was considering shipping them to me, which I said was a total waste of...
  24. GD70

Thiel 02 cabinet damage & restoration

Hi all! AKer Patrick_W contacted me regarding these, which were unfortunately damaged during shipping. Beautiful walnut veneer with a lacquer finish. These were a challenge due to crushed veneer & particle board, and veneer grain matching. I have a decent vintage veneer supply for repairs, and...
  25. GD70

Tube tester info needed please

Hey all, I’ve started looking at testers. Id like to get a basic unit for my Scott LK-72, 7591 tube version, but one that’s accurate, and reasonable, between 100-150 max. I’m not a tech, so nothing fancy. What does the tube community suggest? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Glenn
Back
Top Bottom