Search results

1. bre's dad

Cambridge AudioCXN v2 not working

This thing has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years but just recently decided it want to stop. 1. no sound from RCA outputs: checked volume, changed patch cables. even plugged it into a different system but no sound. I don't have any XLR plugs to check that nor do I have a stand alone DAC i can...
  2. bre's dad

Thorens TD 165 or Rega P2?

So long story short, my office table is a 3ish year old Rega P2 w/ Ortofon Bronze cart. A rebuilt TD 165 (new wiring, springs & bushings) w/ an Ortofon cart (not sure which one), stock arm has popped up at a local shop. Seriously pondering. I know there's alot of potential for these, but...
  3. bre's dad

Wanting to upgrade from a Rega Carbon cart

Greetings. Long story short, I've finally decided to upgrade my office setup. I had thought about replacing the turntable, but it's not that old & think i'd probably do better by upgrading the cart, possibly an outboard phono stage (using what's built in on my sx-980). 3 year old Rega P2 w/...
  4. bre's dad

lack of bass in listening spot, plentiful in other areas

Speaker issue (probably placement.) Recently picked up some restored (refoamed & recapped) McIntosh XR5's. They sound great other than bass. If you're sitting on the sides of them or in the room behind, bass is plentiful but not so much if you're in front of them. Due to the way the room is set...
  5. bre's dad

McIntosh XR5 questions

Wasn't really looking for a set but a pair of refoamed & recapped XR5's popped up. I used to have a set of ML-1C's I restored and alwasy kinda wished I'd kept them. The XR5's are a little newer but close enough generationally, I'm assuming they should have a similar sound? Only thing I wasn't a...
  6. bre's dad

Spica Angelus

Kinda been toying with getting a different set of floor standers. A set of Spica Angelus popped up on Facebook and has my interest. Heard of TC-50's, but not these. Looks like fairly close replacement tweeters are available, still looking at woofers. Any options or experience with these?
  7. bre's dad

opinons of CF-2's

A set of Klipsch CF-2's popped up locally (well, about an hour away) and I'm curious to know people's experience with them. Closest reference I have to them is listening to newer stuff like RF-800's and I wasn't too impressed with them.
  8. bre's dad

Kenwood KR11000G

Someone please educate me on the 11000G. known problems, value (I don't have access to audio blue book and nothing showing on ebay or reverb). I do know it's mint but all original.The timer does work.
  9. bre's dad

Trying to identify some Infinitities

These popped up today and I'm trying to figure out what model. Emit K tweeters, Polyspherite mids, No model # on the back, just 'wired with monster cable'. update: they look like either RS4001 or RS5001.
  10. bre's dad

thoughts on a Luxman PX-115

What's the consensus on a Luxman PX-100? One popped up locally I'm kinda interested in if he'd sell it separately (bundled with a R-115 which I'm not interested in.) Looks like an AT cart but I can't ID it from the photos. I've bought from the seller before with no issues. Can't tell from the...
  11. bre's dad

Light 'em up

pretty...
  12. bre's dad

Zenith 8S463 console radio. possibly (pic heavy)

Ok campers, got something fun tonight. Ad said it was a 'working' 1932 Zenith console radio. I'm thinking lights and static before fire. Got there, it was playing beautifully Turns out the guy is a radio & tv tech and rebuild these as a hobby and completely went through this one. I'm trying to...
  13. bre's dad

running MC240's as monoblocks

Mc240 question. Now that I have my second amp back, the plan is to run them as monoblocks. Is this the correct way to set it up (4ohm load) or do the left and right have to be strapped? I've been told both.
  14. bre's dad

today's Misguided Tour

Long story short, I went to a mid-high end audio shop today to do some R2R troubleshooting (wanted to confirm it's the tape and not my deck, which we did.) Though it's not a vintage store, the owner is a tape head and they have several (mostly functioning) reel to reels, including some studio...
  15. bre's dad

Eric Clapton: The Lockdown Sessions

Does anyone know if this is available in the US on vinyl? Only seeing it online in Europe. I can start calling stores in the morning, just wondering in case someone can save me the effort.
  16. bre's dad

Spotify problem

So I bought a cheap bluetooth streamer off Amazon. It pairs up with my phone and works fine. However, if I go to my pc, it will pair fine but doesn't show up as a source in spotify (both web client and installed). This isn't a pc problem as my computer pairs with it fine. It just won't show up...
  17. bre's dad

Fuji GFX 50Sii

So Fuji is upping the ante with a 'low cost' digital medium format camera. Cheap for DMF, though still beyond what most people would spend. At it's price point w/ 35-70mm, it's tempting. Any thoughts on it?
  18. bre's dad

MC240 question

How much difference is there running stereo vs. dual mono output? When I run it in stereo, it's not very loud. Today I was auditioning some speakers in dual mono mode, turned not quite half way up. We were using a streamer hooked straight into the amp and at a few points the left channel started...
  19. bre's dad

not finished yet with Magnepan

So, I bought a set up Mag .7's and weren't real happy with them at home. This is after trying different amp/preamp combinations, placement, etc. They just sound like they're missing something in the highs, like the tweeters aren't working right (they were trade ins after all) so I returned them...
  20. bre's dad

Sota Satellite question

An older Sota (Sita per the ad...lol) Satellite just popped up not far from me for sale. Price seems reasonable. Don't really need another turntable but it's perked my interest. Any thoughts on this combo? Audio Quest PT6 tone arm New Audio-Technica VM750sh cartridge Groove isolator pad by Oracle
  21. bre's dad

rebuild old or go new?

My plans to build a system around a McIntosh C20 & pair of MC240's has hit a major snag. The preamp needs repaired (probably recapped), which I knew. One of my 240'stook a dump and needs rebuilt per my tech, who is too backed up to do it. So I'm looking at a few options: 1. Rebuild the C20 &...
  22. bre's dad

Another network streamer thread... frustrated

While shopping for speakers a few weeks ago I discovered media streamers. After research, I decided on the Cambridge Audio CXN. So far out of the box, haven't been able to do much. 1. I've got both Stream Magic and Cambridge Connect installed, as well as spotify. on my phone 2.Stream Magic will...
  23. bre's dad

Audio Research sp-6... thoughts?

Found this in a local shop and it caught my interest. Anyone every have one? Like, not like? Thoughts on the phono stage?
  24. bre's dad

Maggie sound question

I've been looking to change out speakers on my main system (currently a Marantz 2270, Rega P1, Emotiva ERC-3). After checking out different sets at a couple shops I really liked a set of Magnepan .7's, so they followed me home. Didn't sound too great on the Marantz (plus I had some people...
  25. bre's dad

on the hunt for speakers and looking for suggestions

Looking to change out my current speakers for something a little more refined (currently have Mach 1's). Not sure if I want to stick with vintage or go with something newer. Was interested in some Dynaudios for sale locally but they were pretty much trashed. Room is about 13x20. Current gear is...
Back
Top Bottom