Search results

1. alex_1964_2m

Laserology - CD Players and why they stop reading

Thanks for the link Rob! Lots of useful info!
  2. alex_1964_2m

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Killer Dwarfs - "Big Deal" album, cassette, TEAC V-6030S.
  3. alex_1964_2m

Restoring a Pioneer RT-909 Reel-to-Reel

Dear Rich, thanks a lot for the answer!
  4. alex_1964_2m

Words of thanks Vlad, thanks a lot for the reply, i do appreciate this. You help me really a lot. As an addition to our previous conversations i would like to tell you, that following your advice, i did some right things to the front panels. I did manage to reanodise them, both of them in...
  5. alex_1964_2m

Words of thanks to Tapetech Dear Tapetech, thanks a lot for the answer. Of course i do understand it is quite a challenge, but actually i am so much powered by a desire to do something by my own hands that i strongly doubt i will look for an RTR tech to fix something for me. Anyways, your...
  6. alex_1964_2m

Gentlemen, do you have any idea for the 10uf 16 V (LR) capacitor replacement? That is the red one on preamp board. I did not find anything similar on eBay. Any advice is welcome. Thanks a lot.
  7. alex_1964_2m

Dear Rich, thanks for the prompt reply, May be i just put my question not in a very correct way. I think it is because of my bad English. Of course i understand that lots of equipment is needed, and i just happen to have all the items you named. Most of them are even of the same make. That is...
  8. alex_1964_2m

Electronic adjustments Rich, please, kindly observe the possibility to post a detailed description of how to make head alignment and all the electronic adjustments. I think it will be rather useful for not-that-skilled guys. For example, will be adjusting heads for the very first time in my...
  9. alex_1964_2m

Thanks for the info. I wrote them a letter since i had not found any info if they ship internationally. Regards
  10. alex_1964_2m

Brake Pads Thanks for the answer. The nickname must be wrong, i did not manage to find anybody. Thanks anyway, i will try to find the person. Gentlemen, can anybody please order a calibration tape for me and send it to Moscow please? They do not shipp to Russia. I will pay in advance all...
  11. alex_1964_2m

My dear friends, Hi! The restoration of my heavily abused Rt-909 is on the way. Lots of work, but this gives me a great feeling of excitement. I recapped a couple of boards - just to see how it works, and i will test them pretty soon. I will post some pictures shortly, just to get your joint...
  12. alex_1964_2m

Vlad, Hi thanks for the prompt reply. Actually, i have a spare one set of panels, and, most probably will use it on this deck. But i should say it is rather interesting to learn something new. Thanks for the info. Please, kindly try to check it with the factory guys about how much it costs now...
  13. alex_1964_2m

Thanks a lot for the answers. The tablets will be replaced by definition - they are both corroded, not worth repainting. I have a set of new ones so that is not a problem. As for removing dust and dirt - not a big deal either. I will remove all that stuff, no problem at all. What is more...
  14. alex_1964_2m

Advice on cosmetics Hi gentlemen! Today i received another RT-909 for restoration. This will be my 7th deck to restore, and i have never seen any more abused than this one. I really can not understand why people can go this far in their non-respect to something that other people made by...
  15. alex_1964_2m

Thanks Vlad, thanks for the info. I will solder some of the terminals and post some photoes what it will look like.
  16. alex_1964_2m

Thanks a lot! Charlie, thanks a lot, that is hell of an info! Great stuff! Regards!
  17. alex_1964_2m

Capstan motor problem Just in case, if you need, i can send you a spare capstan motor along with the control board. I have a spare one and i do not need it now. I will be delighted to help.
  18. alex_1964_2m

Gentlemen, i am currently doing some rewiring on RWS-079 board, as well as minor recapping (two capacitors only), as Rich advised. The thing is that i removed all old wires from the connection pins and now i bumped into one minor question. As you all perfectly know all the connection wires are...
  19. alex_1964_2m

Amazing tutorial Rich! A real help. Lots of extremely useful information, a real value. Thanks a lot. I love this deck and I am really pleased to see so many people who share this feeling of mine. I think you should write a book on "how to get an RT-909 back to life". I would buy one. Regards...
Back
Top Bottom