Search results

1. C

How bad will I screw this up?

Ok Here is how I would go about this : cut wires and dismount cart. from headshell. Put cart in a clamp ,gently pry the connectors away from the cart.pins . You don't want to have to deal with friction /sticktion and you might be able to peel the connectors off. Only after this would I try to...
  2. C

Minor Curiosity

Nice save , our "dump" ( containerpark ) will not allow you to take anything once it has been put in the skips . It looks complete and if something would have indicated "not been used "it would have been the cardboard but it looks like the transport screws are removed so I would say it was used...
  3. C

Let's hear your horror stories and close calls!

Europe here so 220 v mains . Workmate on ladder dismounting a exterior lamp ,needs wirecutters to snip the cable ,didn't bring any so asked to borrow mine . Me : did you turn off the mains ? , Him : yes , me : are you sure , him : yes . So I throw him the cutters ( 3 meters up ,approx. 10 feet )...
  4. C

Vid on my 3D Printed Tonearm

Like ..... open source ,great . Open for improvements , of course , that is open source . I haven't looked at the files ( yet ) , but other than the "tape" are the carbon tubes damped ? If not you might want to try inserting moldable foam plugs ( in ear hearing protection ) about one third from...
  5. C

Buying Used Vinyl and Giving Feedback

In essence I agree but I think the grading system is flawed , that record may have been mint visually but the proof is in the listening. If run into discs that looked mint+ / new but played ,sounded like a campfire , and no amount of cleaning changed that . Have had it the other way as well (...
  6. C

Blade-Oil_Newly acquired weapon / tool in my war on entropy and aging vintage units.

With the added benefit of extra vitamin E
  7. C

Turning a fully functional Pioneer ER-420 Receiver into a power amp... yea or nay?

Hello Slater , it yours to do with what you like and looking at the state it is in .... I.m.o. take it apart and build something that you would use . You could put cosmetically good parts up for donation , sale for someone who is doing a restoration . But as said it yours to do with as you...
  8. C

Marantz TT-15S1 spinning to fast after moving to EU

Note posted on DIYaudio as well : I am confused , assuming the speed was correct in the US using a 44 mm pulley running at 60 Hz you would need a (44 x 60) /50 = 52.8 mm pulley to get the same speed when running at 50 Hz . The size ratio between the smaller pulley ( 37mm ) and the bigger pulley...
  9. C

Sansui MC cartridge/head shell with built in transformer

I hate you , :biggrin: , green with envy . Reminds me of SPU Gte . Look at https://www.audiovintage.fr/leforum/viewtopic.php?t=24552 Not the same as yours but might give you a starting point ( Sansui SR-4040KT ) Regards F.
  10. C

Most to least important spec when choosing a replacement cartridge ?

Ok , I'll bite : first compatible with intended tonearm ? This means you'll have to find out that it can be mounted ( this could mean that adapters are needed like tp-4 to 1/2 inch or a different headshell or stand-offs or other hardware related stuff ) . Next you will have to find out if you...
  11. C

Attempting to fix my dads RFT k13ProfiL

Hello ,I would desolder the diode (VD1) . Desoldering / lifting one side is enough to take the "led circuit "out of the filter . Should it work without it , test at low volume ! ,you can then check the components within that circuit . Hope this helps , regards F.
  12. C

Turntable overhaul - magnetized tools?

Hello ,not as far as I know . I would not worry about it. Regards F.
  13. C

Mystery Turntable

Well thorens did make spring driven 78 rpm players , might want to look into that .
  14. C

Take your loss and build

Hello draak you may want to look at pics and scematic for kontakt kt 7 . This is a se el84 japanese amp ,your pics remind me of it (knobs and iron ) Nice sounding amp btw, nothing wrong with that iron . Hope this helps ,regards F
  15. C

Troubleshoot Controller for toy blimp/dirigible

What is the problem ? Is there any chance of seeing the state the controller was in when your friend got it ? As far as I can see the batteries are wired in series now ,giving a max of 4.5 v (pic 3) In the same photo the left switch is connected via black wire to the - pole of the right...
  16. C

Help with static please, video inside

Hello , the noise is repeating about two times per second (33.3 rpm ) , so not static but coming from the grooves . Sounds like dirt in the grooves , solution clean record . Regards F.
  17. C

What's this thingy?

cartridge mounting hardware for a headshell like nagaoke jeweltone HS-180 . regards F.
  18. C

Motor bearing cracked. Can i fix it?

Well ,,,,,,,if it were mine , before spending any more time on that broken bearing I would check the axle for straightness . It took a not inconsiderable amount of force to crack that and if the axle is bent ( even a little bit ) than the motor is not a motor any more but has become a vibrator ...
  19. C

Help identifying the lenco goldring turntable.

Hello tonearm : sme 3009 mk3 . top plate of the lenco may have been modded to fit the arm ,you might want to look under its skirt to find out . Hope you had a nice deal , regards F.
  20. C

Sony TTS-3000 / Decca London International tonearm question

Back again (shopping) ,after looking at some pictures online I revise my first answer , yes headshell has broken of where it joined to the armtube . So tonearm is busted . Sorry if I got your hopes up , regards F.
  21. C

Sony TTS-3000 / Decca London International tonearm question

hello Short Answer as far i know the arm does not he a headshell cartridge slides on from above (decca london cartridge ). Regards F.
  22. C

6L6GC plate reddening

So the op states that some tubes (brand x) fit loose while others (brand Y ) fit tighter in the same socket . If you have got a caliper please measure the thickness of the tube pins . Should there be a difference (the loose ones having thinner pins ) this would explain a lot . Regards F.
  23. C

Cool Dim Bulb Tester

Love the box and the ceramic light fittings . Hope he didn't have to consume the cigars to get the box . Q . what is inside ? (voltage knob ?) Also like the nixie tube thingie Regards F.
  24. C

Obnoxious amp hum

Hello , Might those small hands that removed the tubes have moved them sideways while trying to pull them out ? Check the tubesockets for lose contacts . If you find any tighten them and see/listen if the problem returns . Good luck and regards F.
  25. C

need advice for head shell female

Hello , the sme style headshell connector will not fit your arm ,it is for tonearms with the correct connector ( see technics sl1200 tonearm for example ) . You will need a headshell for your turntable / tonearm . Sorry for being the bearer off "bad"news . Regards F.
Back
Top Bottom