1. D

Van Halen better with Roth or Hagar?

Roth
  2. D

Sansui 9090 re-cap gone bad

Good Idea.
  3. D

My beloved Sansui is back from the dead and lives again !!!!!!:banana: I powered it up after re wiring the main filter caps correctly and no more blown fuses and I heard music again from the headphones :music:. The incorrectly wired new caps seem to be unaffected. Here is a pick of the main...
  4. D

LEAPING LIZZARDS !!!!!! That's not the way I have mine wired. I think you may have found the problem Hipocrates, THANK YOU !!!!!! :jump: . Thanks to everyone who gave their input, it is very much appreciated ! I am going to go over my original pics before I swap the wiring over to this. I may...
  5. D

Sorry about the bad pic, here is a better one. Both inners are negative and hooked to the negative side of both caps , the negatives are then connected together, then to the negatives go to a ground screw on the chassis. Both positives are on the outside, hooked to the positive side of the...
  6. D

I pulled the new main caps filter caps out of the circuit for a test however, my meter won't read over 4,000 uf, those caps are rated at 12,000 uf.
  7. D

Here is a pick of the original main caps and orientation before work was done. I discharged the caps first then I verified polarity with the old picture, and used my multi meter to verify polarity by grounding one lead to the case and the other on ground on the cap, I showed resistance, then on...
  8. D

I'll check
  9. D

I checked thru the unit for polarity a few times already, I thought for sure a cap was backwards. I compared polarity to my before picks, I can't find any inconsistencies. I'll look some more for broken or disconnected wires, There were about 3 wires I hade to solder back in place, I was able...
  10. D

I just double checked, there ARE 4 bi-polars on the back side of the F2546 Power Supply board. I did not replace these because they were not included in the kit I bought. 80v-4.7uf
  11. D

the bi-polars were just on the protection board F2547 at location c05 and c12.
  12. D

The unit blows the 10 amp fuse with F2436 driver board installed or removed. The unit does come out of protection mode with F2436 driver board installed or removed. The unit did work fine after I re-caped F2436 driver board, and still worked after i re-caped f2546 power supply, and f2541...
  13. D

Thank you, I'll look over all the re-caped boards again for polarity issues.
  14. D

For some reason those were not included in the kit I bought. If I get this thing working again ill look into those 2.
  15. D

Ill look over f2436, the fuse on F2546 F03 and f04 still blows with board F2436 out.
  16. D

Here is a pic of the driver board f2436 after the re-cap, I was able to test this after the re-cap, it was the first board I did.
  17. D

Here is a copy of my notes, witch shows everything I replaced on the boards, the components original value and the actual value
  18. D

on f2456 power supply C8 according to what is shown on cap should be .01 uf and reads 9.66nf. According to the cross reference chart I found on line .01uf =10nf, so I think its ok. Same with c9 oe is .01uf. actual is 9.60 nf. should be ok I checked d1 on f2546 and across one leg shows .561...
  19. D

I'm checking c09, c08, and d01 on f2556 power supply now, De-soldering tool is warming up, Ill get right back to you with the results.....
  20. D

I watched that series of videos before I started the re-cap, those were are great educational videos, I learned a few things.
  21. D

The unit does come out of protection mode (green light) with the F2436 driver board removed.
  22. D

They were carefully pulled one by one so they weren't mistakenly put in out of place.
  23. D

I pulled my output Transistors and all 8 test similar to the pictures enclosed about 0.5xx. Could you verify I tested this correctly by my picture, Multi meter is in diode mode , I believe they are ok.
  24. D

Thanks Bob, I did install the caps one by one however, I did rely on the printed circuit board for polarity, I will double check.
Back
Top Bottom