Search results

1. KenMood

STK 043. Who needs one?

Ancient thread, do you perhaps still have it? (I live near you:-) ) thanks, regards, Peter
  2. KenMood

KR-9600 restoration ..yet another

Thanks! If the offset is high you have to replace transistors as there is no adjusting. The large ps caps can leak badly, spilling all the fluid in every nook and cranny, Mine were leaking and I spent a great deal of time cleaning it out. Have fun, there's loads of info on this forum.
  3. KenMood

Kenwood Mono block L-07M takes age to click

I don't have the schematic for this amp but check the caps related to the protection circuit. I had a KR-6340 with al good bias and offset. The relay took about 10-15 minutes to click. Turned out to be a faulty cap on the power supply board, related to powering the relay.
  4. KenMood

ka-601 dc problem

With all respect, just clearing out the treaded humor part senced by inductor.. :D I think your amp has a bad differential pair? clean or replace vr6 already made a difference? Very nice amp btw
  5. KenMood

Kenwood DA-9010?

I have owned a DA-9010 with the original remote. Rather rare. It performed very well, sounded almost as good my KA990EX and KA1100D, lots of power and very stable. Can handle large speakers. The DA-converter carries Burr-Brown PCM58P. The DA-9010 was one of the last in the better built amps...
  6. KenMood

fm stereo lamp replacement on KR 2600

- there seems to be a user on this forum you can contact for lamps: www.dgwojo.com - I personally know this website where I ordered some lamps some while ago: http://www.vintage-electronics.net/
  7. KenMood

I can't hear any click or pop so I will leave it alone for now. Thanks for the prompt response.:thmbsp:
  8. KenMood

Hello from Brussels, BE

Welkom / Welcome!
  9. KenMood

FM opamp voltage tweaking This weekend I got the Fairchild diodes and tried the next setup: OpAmp: Analog Devices AD823 2x .22uF stacked polys to ground Dk4: 1N5242B 12V 1/2W (Dk2: 1N5244B 14V 1/2W) I checked everything and measured the supply voltages to be +12.48V and -12.57V which should...
  10. KenMood

Thanks, I have restored a number of Kenwood receivers and amps and still learning new stuff every day but the real deal of talent is found in the dedicated people here that brought up all the mods and tips on how to test and diagnose the KR-9600. I collected all of this information in order to...
  11. KenMood

After a short vacation I could collect the parts at my local shop. I have installed the 25W resistor thus far, I removed the old resistors and created a new wire wrap and put on fresh compound on the newly installed OnSemi. next up are the stacked polys and finishing of opamp.
  12. KenMood

KR-5600 new to me!

A decent receiver with good specs and beautiful design.
  13. KenMood

Kenwood Kr-9600 TA200w.

Hello, You should at least give it a thorough check and clean, measure offset, etc. It will tell you a lot. check the main filter caps for obvious leaks because after all those years that's going to be an issue. A recap of the amp boards is a good start but the rest like the power supply...
  14. KenMood

Dual CS-5000

Nice! I have one. There are a few flaws like the caps in the power supply, if those are stock, please replace them or sooner or later you will have issues with fluctuations in speed or not getting at the desired RPMs. Also the internals of the anti skating mechanism are made of brittle...
  15. KenMood

That's right, especially those 2. I wonder what the engineers were thinking back then. I'm not a rocket scientist but those are an obvious and absolute design flaw.
  16. KenMood

Today I found a couple of about-to-be-thrown-away processor VRMs from an ancient Compaq server. I popped off the heat sinks because I had a plan with them: Their dimensions are perfect for the stock power supply heat sinks. I drilled a 2.5mm hole exactly in the middle and added a longer...
  17. KenMood

Since I'm waiting for parts I started cleaning the pots and connector pins on the switch / preamp board. There had been some intermittent connection issues. I could not find the Brasso in the garage (somebody probably borrowed it and not returned same as some tools you never see back again) so I...
  18. KenMood

KR-9600 diagx then restoration

Somebody correct me if I am wrong: A way to test both module and board can be found in this thread I used the same methods and it helped me a lot. Post #70 If your module is okay than look closely at the power board. Recheck around Pins 3,4,5 and Ce9, as things are pretty close there. It's...
  19. KenMood

- replaced the old C1419 toaster element with a new OnSemi MJE15032G - new relays - recapped power supply and made a start with tuner recap - made preparations for the new tuner opamp with a new IC socket waiting for parts now, MJE15033G, 25W resistor, .22 caps for opamp, stacked polys.
  20. KenMood

My "Ugly Betty" Basic M1 Restoration

That cleaning process you did was really interesting. Seems Ugly Betty has been to a health spa :D Looks very nice!
  21. KenMood

You mean the heat issue mentioned there? I have yet to decide what to do. I already noticed this switch is arcing so a good clean and rotate of those spoons should at least be done. Any opinions on this? if heat is becoming a concern maybe a relay is the best option.
  22. KenMood

Here's an update: a lot of progress has been made thus far. So far I've spent a good 20 hours. The filter caps have been replaced and mounting completed. I used the 383LX123M100N082 from CDE. These are 12000uF/100V 105°C Cleaned all of the board with the diode bridges and installed new fuses...
  23. KenMood

Progress on removal of filter caps, amp boards and heat sinks.
  24. KenMood

Hello, Recently I acquired a KR-9600 which I was planning to restore. After determining the overall condition of the receiver and the TA-200W modules (both turned out fine with help of the info found on this forum) EW has helped me here pointing me in the right direction with an input...
  25. KenMood

KR-9600: Aliens in the attic?

Thank you Enthusiasm sometimes wins from triple checking I guess. This saved me from poking around upstream and maybe damaging it to a degree that it was more costly. Glad you could help regards, Peter
Back
Top Bottom