Search results

1. KingBubba

If three songsters, with guitars for a night of listening...who would you invite?

James Taylor, Suzy Bogguss, Kenny Loggins
  2. KingBubba

Do you let your animal (dog or cat) range free outside for most of the day?

Our cat would not allow us to keep her inside. She would demand to be let out. We live with 40 acres of woods on both sides and the house is 600' from the road. She likes to hangout next door with our neighbor's horse.
  3. KingBubba

Sansui 8 Deluxe...how good?

I use the 8D to drive the TimeFrames in the bedroom. They are on top of a pair JBL L36s, which are being driven by my Big Onk. The 1250 drives the TimeFrame 600s and the 1280 drives the Klipsch Quartets on the bottom. These are my living room system.
  4. KingBubba

Shapton Whetstones. You would have to spend a lot of money to get anything better.

When they first came out, Crok-Sticks caught my attention. I bought a set and for once, I was able to put a real edge on a knife. In the interim time, DMT made diamond steel coated replacement sticks that were wonderful. I had one complete set get stolen or disappeared somehow. I replaced the...
  5. KingBubba

local weed growing discussions

I just want you all to know that I am overwhelmed by your pictures. I have been trying to grow since I was 15, 1967, and it always seems something goes wrong, like the year I had two plants among my tomatoes that had gotten to 7' or 8' and a Florida Highway patrol officer moved in two doors...
  6. KingBubba

Sansui 8 Deluxe...how good?

Back on the track, I bought a deluxe and sent it to AK member CDFixer, before he died. He did a full rehab on it. It is now my daily user and the sound quality is wonderful.
  7. KingBubba

Who makes the best sump pumps?

If I had a basement here in Florida, I would need to pump out the aquifer.:)
  8. KingBubba

USB Created Hum

Splitter is unpowered.
  9. KingBubba

USB Created Hum

This item solved the issue right away: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BSF4RWCK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  10. KingBubba

Need opinions: DCM CX-17

They have the depth and clarity of the 27, but don't quite have the bass. They just have good bass but not as deep as the 27. I worked in a theater and my office was backstage right. I used to pull the 17s outside my door and open up my G-6000 a little. It filled a space 50'X150 well enough that...
  11. KingBubba

Caffeine.

I don't drink any beverages that contain caffeine, because I drink mostly water. I do keep a bottle of Walmart's Stay Awake. Each pill contains 200mg of caffeine. When I need a boost, I'll split one in half. 100mg of caffeine is sufficient to give me a boost for the day. I have to take it early...
  12. KingBubba

Happy Birthday KingBubba!

I have had a perfect day. I slept in late, took a nap, am watching David Muir on ABC, which I will follow with a concert by Crosby, Stills and Nash. Thank to all my fellow Akers for all your thoughts. I am touched.
  13. KingBubba

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

Put it on the ballot and let's end this crap for good. I'm with Arizona.
  14. KingBubba

mouse house in amp

I wonder how many went out the exhaust.
  15. KingBubba

What was your latest repair project?

My roof is next. I'm going to source it out.
  16. KingBubba

Need opinions: DCM CX-17

The CX-17 are, in my opinion, a marvelous performing pair of speakers. I have mine in combo with my TimeWindows and they each hold their own with each other. When used on it own, the 17s have a pleasant balance and the bass is kind of surprising. I hope you can find a pair.
  17. KingBubba

mouse house in amp

Back in the mid 80s, Central Florida had two serious freezes. The one in 86, killed the huge orange grove across the street from my house. For many years the old trees were my neighbors. Somewhere in the early 90s the grove owner decided to cut down the trees and disc the grove numerous time. He...
  18. KingBubba

DCM TW 3 potentiometers

I would not suggest removing them. The engineers from DCM knew what they were doing. You would be best to look and see if you can restore the pots with some elbow grease/finger grease. Take the pots out and see what you have. post some pics here for assessment purposes. I have the TW1s and don't...
  19. KingBubba

Definitely cool, but I'll live with sticky fingers.
  20. KingBubba

Custom Made Speakers

Get rid of the silver screws. They look tacky.
  21. KingBubba

Where were YOU during the great receiver wars of the 70's?

I meant to say that I had the 1280, but I also have the 1250 too.
  22. KingBubba

How to clean a sealed input selector switch (see pics)?

I mix Deoxit 5% with nonaqueous isopropyl alcohol 95% in a needle bottle. I would loosen the nuts on the back, ever so slightly and squirt the mix inside while cycling the pot, let it dry and tighten back up. It has always worked well for me. The folks at Caig said they found it an interesting...
  23. KingBubba

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Halloo! LTNS.
  24. KingBubba

I wondered what that was. Very cool.
  25. KingBubba

Glue for foam surrounds, poly cones and metal frames.

I don't use shims. What I like about Aleene's is its slow drying. I just sit with the driver and a 30hz tone and if I get a buzz I can use the butt of an artist's brush to shuffle the surround around. I typically do it in two phases. I first attach to the cone and let it dry Then I follow up...
Back
Top Bottom