Search results

1. J

How ridiculously big my speakers are! Post yours!

How ridculously big are my speakers. I'm happy.
  2. J

Fourty Years and still good.

Forty Years and still good.
  3. J

Forty Years and still good. I am the orginal owner of everything but the KLH Nines. I did own a single pair in the 70s, but foolishly sold them for Infinity' Servo-Static One. Last fall, I found these double pair of Nines for sale and snapped them up!
  4. J

You are right, one set would probably work fine in my space. Double Nines really should be in a room at least 20 X 30 feet to allow them the "breath." But, I had a chance to pick up this double pair.
  5. Electrostatics and tubes

Electrostatics and tubes

KLH Nines (double Nines) Audio Research Amplifiers: Dual 75 and 51 Audio Research Preamplifier: SP-1C Thornes TD-125 turntable Rabco SL-8E tone arm Decca C4E, Mark V cartridges KLH tuner Infinity Servo Static One subwoofer (behind Nines)
  6. J

The ARC equipment has been sent back to the factory for cleaning, replacement of parts, etc., over the years. They stand by their products. It is nice that a manufacturer has been in business this long and owners of their products can be confident that units can always be serviced.
  7. J

Forty Years and still good. Terry, How large is your listening room? I'm is a "space" that's about 18' X 20' but opens up into a larger room (another 10'). That is, I'm not in an enclosed room. My suspicion is that the Nines need a room 36' X 40' to really be appreciated. In the future...
  8. J

Magneplanar Tympani 1A

The amp alone is worth the price. I'd seriously consider sending it to Audio Research for a complete repair. This might cost you $400-$500 dollars, but well worth the investment. I own an Audio Research Dual 75, which I've had for 40 years. It has been to ARC for servicing periodically, and...
  9. J

Although two amplifiers are shown in the photo, I am running the double Nines only with the ARC Dual 75 amplifier. The ARC Dual 51 is used as a back-up (it was used when I had Infinity's Servo-Static One speakers). Double Nines really need a large room to be fully appreciated. I have found...
  10. J

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Listening Tonight Diana Krall ("Quiet Nights").
  11. J

System: Speakers: KLH Model Nine (double Nines) Amplifiers: Audio Research: Dual 75 and 51 Preamplifier: Audio Research: SP-1C Turntable: Thornes TD-125 Tone arm: Rabco SL-8E Cartridges: Decca C4E, Mark V, Goldring 800 Super E Tuner: KLH
  12. J

Speakers that will always have a special place in your heart

Infinity's Servo-Static One. Terrific speaker...when they worked. Subject to failure often. Repair by Infinity was poor. They were put together with "bubble gum and tape." Too bad. Working properly, I think they would rival most speakers today.
  13. J

planar speakers

Placement is critical with planar and electrostatics. I have a double pair of KLH Nines, and it took me three months of experimenting to finally nail the right spot. Inches, or fraction of an inch makes a difference. One should be wary of strictly speaking of a "room." Think more of a...
  14. J

KLH Model 9

KLH Model Nine Speakers Fortunate enough to pick up a pair of "Double Nines" several months ago. Amazing speakers. I owned a single back in the 70s, but foolishly sold them. Now I am finally enjoying a double pair. They are very difficult to set-up in a room or "space," but once you find...
Back
Top Bottom