Search results

1. devildog

Soundblaster ZXR sound card.

I just got a new computer and installed a SoundBlaster ZXR. Does anyone else have one? This gives me the capability to rip vinyl and playback through my SX-980. I'm just getting started and would like any hints or pieces of advise.:scratch2:
  2. devildog

Wharfdale W60 D

Very nice cabinets all speakers work L-pads work good. Any thoughts on value?
  3. devildog

Is this for headphones?

I found this in a basement and the tubes all light up. I'd like to try it out just for grins. It says 4 watts.
  4. devildog

Baement Find

Neat little stereo amp with box and instructions and a boatload of tubes I have no idea what to do with. I'll mess with the amp a little. Is there a sight that may have interest in these tubes as I'm guessing alot of them are tv. There were some that match the little amp. Any ideas on value?
  5. devildog

converting vinyl ... help needed

I'm having a new computer built and wondering about sound cards that will help converting vinyl to cd. this is one I'm looking at. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102050 I tried this in turntables and not much input. Any opinions?
  6. devildog

Help converting vinyl

I'm having a new computer built and wondering about sound cards that will help converting vinyl to cd. this is one I'm looking at. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102050 Any opinions?:scratch2:
  7. devildog

TV out in the country ???

I've got a place in the country and just can't justify satellite anymore. I still have an antenna and bought a converter box. Well, I'm disappointed, I can't pull anything in at all. Has anyone tried any of the new hd outdoor antennas with success? I have a station about 38 miles west and...
  8. devildog

$500 set of speakers ???

If you had $500 to spend on a set of speakers to pair with a vintage 100 watt receiver for listening to rock music, what would some good choices be:scratch2: ?
  9. devildog

Jico SAS

Ordered one today for my V-15III from LP Gear, should be here next week. Hope all the hype comes true... now I'm anxious. Quite a bit of cash for an old retired guy. :banana:
  10. devildog

Little River Band

Went to a nice car show today and a 1949 Chevy sedan delivery caught my eye. The owner/ builder is personal friends with LRB. They all autographed the back door with paint pens before he sprayed the clear coat. :thmbsp:
  11. devildog

Kind of cool soldering iron

Picked at a garage sale this morning for 3 bucks lots of tips and I guess the squeeze bulb is for de-soldering?
  12. devildog

Empire OP-4

Any ideas on value of an Empire OP-4 cart? I started a thread on it in turntables but if someone here can place a value on it that would help. Didn't want to mention pricing in that thread.
  13. devildog

Empire OP4 Cartridge ???

Opinions ... got this Empire on a garage sale TT wondering what anyone has to say? :scratch2:
  14. devildog

Beatles on MFSL

A friend just dropped buy with a record collection for sale and I snagged these plus a few others he also gave me the Smithsonian Collection of Classical Jazz. The Beatles records appear unplayed. I'm kind of anxious to listen to the jazz, cuing up a side with Bill Evans Trio now. 7 record set...
  15. devildog

Technics sl-3200 little slow

Picked this up at a sale hopefully for my daughter. I tried to find the manual at VE but couldn't find it. My question is I took the bottom off looking for an adjustment pot and think there is one on the top side of the board but trying to take the board out is getting scary. There appears to be...
  16. devildog

Took a chance Sansui 9090

Hit the sales this morning and found a Sansui 9090, says its 110 wpc works good with headphones but haven't drug any speakers out yet. Came with a Technics SL-3200 that appears to work, it has an oddball cart Andante HSP looked it up and sounds like elcheapo. $20.00 total. Only thing that seems...
  17. devildog

New Records

Had a guy come by last night with a box of records, all very nice shape and clean. 5 were sealed copies and the rest still had the cellophane wrap. $50.00 for 20 nice rock n roll albums. Molly Hatchet, Janis, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Stray Cats, Steve Winwood, Pat Benetar, Grand...
  18. devildog

Magnavox Any Value ?

Nasty, filthy dirty, still in a barn, any value here?
  19. devildog

SX-980 Slightly Unbalanced ??

The system actually sounds descent but it seems as though the right side is a little more pronounced than the left. I recently isolated the turntable and improved the sound to the point that I'm noticing subtle improvement in soundstage. That said, I've noticed that it seems the center is always...
  20. devildog

Turntable Isolation Pads

When I retired I built a garage that has slowly turned into my Man Cave. Without putting any thought into music, I built a workbench and threw an old desk against the wall for a computer. Before long I added a tv and decided to move my stereo to the "Cave" then had to build more bench and a...
  21. devildog

Record Show in St.Louis

I went to my first record show yesterday and was like a kid in a candy store. Spent about $40 and came home with some nice stuff!! The records are all "minty" :music:
  22. devildog

Merry Xmas to me...

I got some cash for Christmas and decided a trip to Vintage Vinyl was in order. I see everyone talking about the 180 gram recordings and had to try one. My opinion... sounds great, very quiet, packaging (jacket and inner sleeve) very nice. Price for the 2 album set $44.95, probably won't be a...
  23. devildog

New custom dustcover

I had a local company build a set-on cover for my DD-40 Micro Seiki. Ak member Sturgis suggested these guys and I think they did a jam-up job. Thanks for the tip Sturgis !! The table came with no hinges or cover.
  24. devildog

Kabuki ???

People call my cs-99a's kabuki... how bout' these? http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/4145376008.html
  25. devildog

Recondition / Service SX-980

If I decide to take my Sx-980 to a reputable repair shop for new caps and cleaning, what kind of cost can I expect? As of right now everything is just fine but it's probably time. I'd rather get it serviced now versus having to take it in for needed service. :scratch2:
Back
Top Bottom