Search results

1. Neo-Luddite

MC-60 tube replacement?

Thanks guys...I'm not sure what was done. The other tubes have numbers like 30, 32 and 29 written on them....so I can just buy any matched set?
  2. Neo-Luddite

MC-60 tube replacement?

I had a 6550 blow up yesterday and there's a '27' written on it by the guy who rebuilt them. Each power tube has a different bias number written on it. What do I need to do? I can't imagine bringing the amps back in every time they need a tube?? Thanks much~
  3. Neo-Luddite

Dual 1228: operate arm manually to align headshell?

I want to install a new headshell on my Dual 1228. How do I operate the tone arm manually? Sorry...I'm a total newb. Thanks!
  4. Neo-Luddite

Spotify from ipad into hi-fi?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I have Spotify on my iPad and I'd like to play it through my hi-fi. My CD player has a USB port but when I plug the iPad in, it says no support. Thanks much...
  5. Neo-Luddite

Speaker terminals on MC-60s?

Thanks Terry...care to elaborate in 'moron' terms? :drool:
  6. Neo-Luddite

Rel Subwoofer and McIntosh Balanced Amp?

I've got my REL wired like they want...at the speaker terminals on my MC60s. But I get a hum from the REL when the amps are on. Should I hook the REL neg. to the neg. terminal instead of common?....or to the chassis? Thanks!
  7. Neo-Luddite

Speaker terminals on MC-60s?

I get sound with positive and common...how come not with the negative terminal?...what's the diff? The reason I ask is I have some buzz from my REL subwoofer which is tapped into said terminals. But the REL instructions say +/-...:scratch2: Thanks, Aaron
  8. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

The REL subs are piggybacked off the speaker terminals...speakers and sub get same signal.
  9. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I finally got the REL T7 set up last night. It took about 10 minutes to get adjusted but I'm sure I'll mess with it a bit more but...wow! I need to get a few more hours on it but so far, it's exactly what I'd hoped for. I was pleasantly surprised that I really can't tell where the bass is...
  10. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I'm excited to try this REL too! I ordered some Kimber 4PR....nothing fancy just thought I should get something decent. I had to have them 'made' with small spades for the MC-60s. I bought some Kimber Hero connects recently and noticed a decent improvement so the speaker cables seemed like the...
  11. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Waiting for my new speaker cables...still haven't hooked up the REL. I'm getting excited and curious!! :yes:
  12. Neo-Luddite

MC 60's in the house!!

I had to bring one of my 60s in for a quick repair last week and decided to try an older SS Yamaha amp I had.....wow, no contest! The Macs are soo sweet. :drool:
  13. Neo-Luddite

MC 60's in the house!!

LOVE mine!!!...:)
  14. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I found some more reviews of REL subs last night and I'm pleased. REL really seems to do things differently and the reviews are very good. REL subs are biased towards 2 channel stuff and that's what I'm doing. HT doesn't interest me much... :drool:
  15. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Thanks!....this is nice info.
  16. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I haven't opened the REL yet. Even though the RELs are supposed to be wired at the amp...giving the main speakers the same signal....the sales guy said it will improve the bass overall so I'm less likely to overdrive the Boxers.. Does this make sense? :scratch2:
  17. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Well...after much second guessing, I bought a REL T-7 to supplement the Boxers. This seemed like my best option for the money....but it's always a gamble! I really appreciate the advice. It seems like adding a sub was the consensus and I'll be sure to let you know what my thoughts are...:) A
  18. Neo-Luddite

25ft speaker cables?

Thanks...that makes me feel better. :)
  19. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Interesting Mousepotato.... I've been secondguessing the sub....thinking I should sell the Boxers and get some towers.... But what you said makes me rethink.. :scratch2:
  20. Neo-Luddite

25ft speaker cables?

Are 25ft speaker cables ridiculous? Anyone using any this lenth on their 'good' system? :scratch2:
  21. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Great info in general guys...thank you!
  22. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Love it...thank you. I'm not ready to give up on the Boxers yet...they are really sweet. The music that 'beats' them up is some modern synthesized stuff and I'm worried I'm going to damage them. In fact, I heard a little buzz from one of the drivers the other day...it's pretty inconsistent but...
  23. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Apparently the RELs still give the main speakers full range...they just supplement. My local shop said that serves to let you get the full experience at a lower volume therefore the main speakers aren't being overdriven... Another question: How does a sub get wired in with a relatively simple...
  24. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Ha, he's a good guy...we give each grief.
  25. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

He gives me crap about my CD player too...:/
Back
Top Bottom