Search results

1. Dr.Stache

I finally have my setup the way I want it

I have my iphone. Thats the only digital source I ever use. This place is only a rental and I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy a house when my lease is up yet or not. So I'm done buying anything until I decide to move or stay. And thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm sitting back listening to...
  2. Dr.Stache

Is that something normal? I haven't ever heard of that.:scratch2: I think the hardwoods give it a nice acoustic sound but I'm open to improvements:thmbsp: And thanks for the compliment red/
  3. Dr.Stache

I started out over a year ago with a small Pioneer sx-780 that is now in my childrens room. I graduated to a Sansui 7070 and a pair of Nova 8's and Cerwin Vega's in my room and now I've finally settled in with what I enjoy the most. I have a Marantz 1180DC (90 watts/C) Marantz 2120 Tuner...
  4. Dr.Stache

I'm getting a Dynaco ST-70 and I've got a question.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm definitely gonna give it a try. Its got an upgraded power supply, original transformers,triode tube board, matched pair of SED Winged C EL34's. Now, all that may mean something to you guys, but not me. I am very much a newbie with zero knowledge on tube amps. I...
  5. Dr.Stache

Anyone got any specs on the Bozak Century 302's?

Thinking about picking up a pair this weekend. Would they be a good fit g For a tube amp in the 35wpc range?
  6. Dr.Stache

114 Db.......how did you come up with that number? I know 1 watt will give you the effiecency rating of the speaker. Then I thought to go up 1 db you need 10 more watts but that can't be right. How does that work?
  7. Dr.Stache

Sheltie.......this one is a mark voight build if that means anything to ya. It uses the el34's I believe? This one has been modded. But even with modding , 35 watts is 35 watts correct? So it still wouldn't sound great at very loud levels? I do know what clipping sounds like and it sucks. The...
  8. Dr.Stache

My main speakers are Klipsch Kg4.2's. My listening space is approximately 17 ft X 30 Ft. These speakers are rated at 96db effieciency. They definetly fill the room with very loud sound when ran with my SS stuff that has 60 plus watts. I've got a small Maggie amp that does around 10wpc and...
  9. Dr.Stache

Shout out to Uncle Bambi!!!!

Bought a pioneer SX-626 from Uncle Bambi to use as a preamp for a tube amp. It was packaged great and arrived safely. It's a beautiful little receiver and he restored everything himself. Very nice work. Great guy to deal with.
  10. Dr.Stache

A Good SS Pre with Tube amps?

I just got an amazing deal on a Pioneer Sx-626 that I'm gonna use as a pre-amp. They're readily available on the auction site for <100 and they supposedly have great phono sections.
  11. Dr.Stache

Whats a the value for a marantz 1180 DC integrated amp

That has just been fully restored with all new caps, power caps, resistors, the works? It does not have the wooden cabinet but in beautiful shape otherwise. Thanks.
  12. Dr.Stache

Cerwin Vega D-7

They were most likely refoamed. Fwiw, I have D3's and like them alot. They sound good for what they are.
  13. Dr.Stache

Does anyone know if any wooden case besides the WC-110

Will fit a model 1180DC Integrated amp? Apparently there is no more WC110's on the face of earth. Thanks for any help.
  14. Dr.Stache

Which is better? Bose 601 or Klipsch Forte

Fortes sound amazing. That's my next set of speakers once I'm done with my Klipsch 4.2's which might never happen. I like the Bose 901's and have never heard the 601's. I'm a self admitted Klipsch Fan boy but I'd take the Klipsch Horn's over just about anything.
  15. Dr.Stache

Befuddled newbie

Agree with the poster above. What wasn't made better and to last longer back then? I had a 1000 dollar Pioneer receiver before I got my first new "old" Pioneer SX-780 receiver. I wouldn't trade the 75 dollar SX-780 for 2 of the new Pioneer receivers I sold. Well maybe I would. I sell them both...
  16. Dr.Stache

Why not EQ?

I've used them on certain things. Haven't since my current integrated amp has an EQ built on but I've gotten much better performance out of several receivers by using one.
  17. Dr.Stache

Help please? I have a lot of low frequency woofer pulsing

Yeah, I tried it and it did nothing to fix my problem. The reason I got another table was because my other one did this as well. I thought it may have been a cheaper table but it isn't help. I probably should have mentioned that earlier.
  18. Dr.Stache

It has rubber feet already on it. Not sure if it's factory or the original owner had installed them. I think I've really done all I can to it with the exception of changing the stylus and cartridge.
  19. Dr.Stache

Getting My System Together!

Good stuff man. My first one was a Pioneer SX-780 and a pair of 10 dollar thrift store speakers. The funny part.......The only piece of equipment that hasnt given me issues since the SX-780 is the SX-780. Still flawless, lol. Welcome to the addiction.
  20. Dr.Stache

Oh, and the cartridge is a Shure M75 95G Type 2. I have the weight set on 1.5 grams per manufacturer recommendation.
  21. Dr.Stache

idler wheel looks brand new. all the mechanics look good. This table doesnt do it with my other speakers. Thats what I dont understand. I'm not experiencing a "rumble" sound coming from the speakers. The records play quiet. Its just that the woofers "pump" violently producing no noise.
  22. Dr.Stache

New here - Hello, all!

Welcome to the Forum Lord Helmet. It's my favorite get-a-way ;)
  23. Dr.Stache

I've addressed all the other issues. I have a shure cartridge that's matched with a Garrard Lab80 TT. It's about 8 ft from the nearest speaker and it's on a solid foundation. My speakers are responsive down to 20hz. I think that's my biggest issue. From what I gather most speakers are only as...
  24. Dr.Stache

With my turntable. I know about the subsonic filters I can get but will an EQualizer help at all? Will it filter out the low frequencies?
  25. Dr.Stache

My first Tube Amp

I can't say enough about the upgrades to the 4.2's. It's really a night and day difference. I'm not sure if it was the diaphrams or the crossovers or both but it was an audible difference and I gotta say, I was really impressed with the 4.2's to begin with. They sound much better after the mods.
Back
Top Bottom