Search results

1. superdog

Fisher XP-10 speakers

TOTL Fishers from the mid-late 60s.These are in very good condition with all drivers working.
  2. superdog

Kenwood KR-9940 no sound from speakers..headphone ...yes

This is the second one of these units that developed this same problem.(The first unit the tech said he couldn't get the parts,this was in 1993 so I landed up leaving it)Fast forward to 2022 I picked one up from shopgoodwill and it worked briefly then developed the same problem as the first one...
  3. superdog

Pioneer HPM150

I've been offered these at a decent price which normally I would jump on but from the pics the mid and woofer do not look Original to these speakers in which case it would probably negate my interest in them.Think these are replacements? I ask because I have seen in my limited research similar...
  4. superdog

Speakerlab 7WA find

I've never seen a set of Speakerlabs in this neck of the woods in the twenty years I've been at this.Strangely enough a large pair (dont know what model because they disappeared quick at a $400 asking price)surfaced on CL last week.I obtained these from a flipper for $200 and these are not the...
  5. superdog

Sears Audio by Fisher beauty

I fell in love with this beauty the moment I laid eyes on it.Sears Audio by Fisher receiver.This is a large unit weighing around thirty lbs.Never seen or knew of these before.Not a lot of info on these.Im thinking it's around an 80wpc unit.Haven't taken the lid off as everything work fine on...
  6. superdog

Pioneer PL-630 issues

This was found at a flea market and in the initial testing appears to work fine.Shure v15 type V with Pioneer Magnesium headshell.It was TOTL.The record was playing connected to a Kenwood KA-7100.I bit at $150.When I brought it home after two songs it went awry.It sounded garbled then motion...
  7. superdog

Kenwood KR-9940 Quad

This is the unit that started it all for me as a teen in 1976.TOTL Kenwood quad receiver.It was my older brothers and I was fascinated by the FM coming out of this as I was mainly used to AM at the time.He gave it to me in around '85 needing repair.Used it until around '95 when it went...
  8. superdog

AK member Sam Cogley anybody know what became?

I was going through some old posts and came across him.Anyone know what became of him as he hasn't posted in over a year.He was quite visible here throughout the years.
  9. superdog

TOTL Realistic 2300 receiver

This has to be the largest vintage reciever I ever had.It was a surprise find on my local cl which rarely has any vintage audio much less a totl reciever.It does work and it had new dial lights installed.I paid $150 for it.It is in pretty good shape save for a few nicks on the wood sides.If it...
  10. superdog

Pioneer CST7000 speakers.

For posterity sake Im posting these as they will move on.Not a speaker you see or hear about. If your a Pioneer fan.These are not as bad as the garish 80s look would lead one to believe.No game changer but they are a decent speaker when the volume is applied. Apparently a rare totl speaker, from...
  11. superdog

Acurus A150 noisy channel.

Picked this up for $80.Acurus A150 amp.Slight noise in a channel.It has this intermittent slight static noise coming through one channel.Any direction as to what the cause may be would be greatly appreciated.Im going to have someone look at it but would like some direction first.thanks
  12. superdog

Pioneer VSXD1S correct remote?

I have this reciever that I am moving on but not sure which of these two remotes are the correct original?
  13. superdog

Pioneer SX828

This very nice example came from a electronic repair shop.I took a tired and beat Sansui Model 2000 for repair and the estimate was too high.He accidentally recycled it before I picked it up so he offered this Pioneer that someone left for repair.This unit is clean and everything works.New...
  14. superdog

Ever heard of Adventures in Sound speakers? pics

Never heard of these.They are quite large and heavy at about 90 lbs.33x20x12 are the measurements.I haven't got around to listening yet as they came with some other gear I'll post in a few days.There is almost nothing,zero,nada on the net about this make of speakers.
  15. superdog

Ancient Pioneer speakers.

These are the oldest Pioneer anything I have come across. I'm thinking these are from the 50's.Not much on the web.I think these are unusual because of the Pioneer logo on the speaker cabinet.Usually these are kit or diy setups.There is a pair and the cabs have a broken leg each and look quite...
  16. superdog

European Bronze Kenwood KT 7550 tuner value?

I have a line on one in original box and packing with some LS 890 speakers (cabs are a little beat) for $150.The tuner was supposed to be a receiver that turned out to be a tuner in the original asking price of $150.This is flip material for me as I have no use for tuners anymore so I am just...
  17. superdog

Recommend one of these pro amps.

I want to dip my toe in the world of pro amps in order to drive some big CVs(D9-DX9).These happen to be local to me at the moment by the same seller.Please keep in mind I have never used a pro amp so compatability to a regular stereo pre amp is a necessity.Do these prices seem ok and anybody...
  18. superdog

Harman Kardon 680i

I recently found a 460i at the flea for $15 with the power button missing.Just need a small rod to push it on.I was surprised at the punch and clarity of this little 30 wpc unit.I decided to find the totl of the series.I bought a 680i 60 wpc and expecting much more from this as far as driving...
  19. superdog

Value on a Telefunken Hymnus tube console?

There is one of these at a antique/junk shop.The guy says it works and is in good cosmetic condition.He threw out a price of $700.No way on earth I am paying that much for any console but it did pique my interest.If and thats a big if I am thinking around $400 if even that.
  20. superdog

What H/K is this?What series?

I may be looking at picking up one of these but don't the model #.It doesn't seem to be the common 70s HK receivers and for those that are in the know your thoughts on these series.
  21. superdog

Thoughts on h/k i series receivers?

I found a 460i 30wpc and really like it.It has a clean sound.Might be moving my Sansui 331 out in favor of this.Any thoughts or opinions on this series of h/k ?Odd that there is not a lot on the web about this series.
  22. superdog

Your stopping point amp/receiver...

I would think this thread is for those who have been at this for a while or maybe not.Its been a bit since I started a thread here but after being at this pretty hard for twenty years I finally found what I like best and desire to go no further.Remember everybody has a different agenda here for...
  23. superdog

Anybody ever needledrop their lp collection?

The thought of downsizing my vinyl setup of four turntables and perhaps 500-600 lps is entering my head.I'm beginning to doubt my desire to have this size of a collection and am thinking about needledropping the most desired and scuttle the rest.Of course I am talking about over a period of...
  24. superdog

This Yamaha lucked out on this shipping trip

This is a 65 lb.Yamaha RXV1.It survived a cross country trip with FEDEX.It was packed in what I believe was a lightweight box that probably held toilet paper originally with a few sheets of newspaper thrown in for good measure.It suffered a couple of broken front feet and a bent speaker binding...
  25. superdog

Static electricity took out my Sherwood s7100a

I have a very clean s7100a that I pulled out to play and decide what I may want for it on cl (anywhere from $65-85) as I don't use it and was looking to thin.I have a static problem in one of my listening areas and have touched other units and gotten the zapp but never took anything out.This...
Back
Top Bottom