Search results

1. osd1

What makes the Halide Bridge different from other USB powered converters?

Hey now. Just wondering what makes the Halide Bridge so different from other USB to SPDIF converters that are USB powered? All these "reviewers" and magazines review a bunch of different converters at one time, talk about how USB to SPDIF converters without a dedicated power supply are noisy...
  2. osd1

USB to SPDIF Converter for my SimAudio Moon DAC

I don't wanna spend more than $300 Vinyl is my go to source, so while digital is important and i want great sound, i dont need to spend as much as i did on my dac for the converter
  3. osd1

USB to SPDIF Converter for my SimAudio Moon DAC

Hey now. I wanna get a usb to spdif converter for my SimAudio Moon DAC. The USB sounds nowhere near as good as the optical, but I need the optical for my PS4. I am not looking for chifi Tera Link stuff. So far the Luxman for $300 from Music Direct and the M2Tech HI-Face 2 are the only two...
  4. osd1

Which cartridge for Jelco 370 tonearm?

Hey now. Just wondering if anyone can think of a good cartridge to put on a Jelco SA370 tone arm. No more than $400 for the cartridge. I haven't used this tone arm, but it seems nice. I am gonna need another tone arm and was thinking of getting the SA-250 st arm. Does it really matter if a tone...
  5. osd1

My DIY Celestion Ditton 44 speakers

oh and jeff i put new wire in there, eventhough i taped it up somehow got in there...16g OFC...any issues with that let me know
  6. osd1

tools used were: -porter cable router -veritas med shoulder plane -festool track saw -18g brad nailer (am very low on clamps, had a bunch stolen some years ago and never rebought since I used what my boss had...then i moved to canada and bam...we are low on clamps...just nailed the...
  7. osd1

ill post more later, trying to get a thorens plinth cut before dark.
  8. osd1

Building Plinths for a guy who has 30 Thorens and help with my Pioneer PL514

Will do. Its just gonna be a basic 4 side plinth. Nothing fancy...yet. I'll def post pics of the build process and how I go about things.
  9. osd1

Oh no, you're thinking of the support group. I made that same mistake myself. They're called the Blue Man Group.
  10. osd1

Hey now. You probably all dont know me. I am a chat room dweller. I am in there a good chunk everyday. I have a guy coming over today who has 30 Thorens and I am building him two basic plinths, one for a TD-125 and one for a TD-150. IN return I am getting a Jelco/LAD 370(i think thats the...
  11. osd1

Which stylus for my Grado FT+

whats the difference between the 8z and silver stylus?
  12. osd1

Which stylus for my Grado FT+

Hey now. I was wondering if I should get a Grado Silver stylus for my FT+ cartridge, of if there is a special stylus I should use. Is it even worth it to replace the styli or should I just get a new cartridge?
  13. osd1

yamaha as500 vs as700

Hey now. Anyone compare the AS-500 to the A-S700 from Yamaha? I hear a lot of people prefer the AS-500 but am not sure why.... Thanks in advance
  14. osd1

phonostage on yahama as700/1000 vs dedicated phono stage

hey now. The Yamaha AS700 and AS1000 are always in the back of mind. Eventhough I plan on getting two Dayton APA150 amps for dual mono and a preamp to along with it, the thought of the Yamaha AS700 and especially the AS1000 has always been something I have wanted. I was wondering, how is...
  15. osd1

Need some help making my MacBook my digital source

Hey now. I don't have time to do a search right now. I have a lot to do (build stuff for people, clean house and prepare for my step son's birthday party tonight). I have a Macbook, hooked up to my tv because I cracked the screen. There are 4 loose ends I need to tie up so I can (try to)...
  16. osd1

SOTA SAPPHIRE 1st Gen Restoration...DIY

Nice restoration, but I agree with the company 100%. Most people DONT (not you obviously) know what they are doing. So someone does something wrong, gives SOTA a bad rep because of user error. When something is that "high end" you can't take that risk. I am a woodworker and come hell or high...
  17. osd1

upgrading from Grado to Soundsmith

I saw the MZ @ Needle Doctor. Is it a different stylus than what is used for normal production?
  18. osd1

upgrading from Grado to Soundsmith

Hey now. I have always used Grado. Along the way when I was short on funds I used Shure 97 or Black Pearl from Sumiko. I am getting ready to get a new turntable cartridge and was wondering if I should stick with Grado Silver or spend a little more and get a Soundsmith Otello. I am also...
  19. osd1

Why the hell do people bother with "full-range" speakers??

audio nirvana full range i can say covers everything you need. i listened to them for every style of music, the only thing is if you listen to death metal you need a sub otherwise it plays everything from nine inch nails to gorecki to rosemary clooney SUPERBLY. i challenge you to try them...
  20. osd1

transistor help vintage luxman sq707

hey now. i got a luxman sq707. i read on a website that is dedicated to vintage luxman this: "You can modify this amp, to get better results. Replace broken power transistors with TO-66 transistors 2SC1445 and PNP 2SA765 (Sanken) instead of 2SA616 and 2SD155 (NEC), or use plastic...
  21. osd1

Sir.Byrd's Markaudio bookshelf build

id be really interested in how they sound compared to AN super 3. im not gonna lie im straight up an audio nirvana guy but im slowly coming around on mark audio. i cant imagine mark audio handling nine inch nails or dying fetus or old school hardcore music like sick of it all. such a...
  22. osd1

New audio nirvana super 8 coax

hey now i was just on audio nirvana's website and saw they now make a super 8 coax. i wonder how it sounds. im excited.
  23. osd1

Oversampling vs. Non-Oversampling DAC

you would probably have to go to the chinesse website and google translate to "engwish". i read that project's dac's give you the option to either purchase a filtered or filterless dac. i cant call myself a "purist" because i dont have enough knowledge about this stuff to claim that, but i...
  24. osd1

Musical Fidelity V-DAC PS

hey now. i dont know if this is an option but the musical fidelity v-psu2 is on sale for $129 at needledoctor.com i know nothing about power supply's. i dont even know much about all this technical switching mumbo jumbo. but i do know that the musical fidelity v stuff is amazing. i use...
Back
Top Bottom