Search results

1. Ricktptman

Things to watch out for when servicing a Sansui TU-919

I'm about to go into a TU-919 that gives every outward appearance of having spent most of its life in a dusty closet/attic. I know about the LED display and crystal concerns (Quartz Lock, LED to dial alignment, and the display are all fine, to my great relief). It's filthy on the outside and...
  2. Ricktptman

Quick question about Pioneer Elite CT-43 belts

My suspicion is that it's the same belt kit as the 93/95 and a slew of others from that same early to mid-'90s time period. But nobody's advertising kits with the exception of one place on ePrey that's located in Portugal. I think Portugal is swell and all, but I'd rather stay domestic as I...
  3. Ricktptman

Seeking assistance with an unusual Pioneer CT-F1000 rewind issue.

I just went through one of my Pioneer CT-F1000s and I'm having a rewind issue that was very much unexpected. It has all-new rubber and a new (donated from an FG-driven motor Technics) low-hours motor. It has GREAT torque in both directions and will rewind a tape to about 80% and the rewind TIME...
  4. Ricktptman

Question about Pioneer CT-43 automatic door (similar to CT-95 I think)

I've had this for about seven or eight years and was supposed to have had its belts replaced at some point before I purchased it. The door is "torque-ey" when it closes, but the inner mechanism that delivers/locks the cassette into place (AFTER the door closes) is slow, particularly in relation...
  5. Ricktptman

Pioneer RT-1050 (a la Basie) "One More Time"...

This problem doesn't have as high a bar of entry with regard to the potential for assistance as my previous requests for assistance. Briefly, this deck has been a tougher restoration than any other REEL machine I've ever owned. To be fair, my self-limited cost of entry for vintage machines has...
  6. Ricktptman

Seeking help identifying a mystery black Stanton Phono Cartridge

Sifting through the Internet has turned up one that looks identical but I can find no information or specifications for it. There is no model number, at least that I can find anywhere. The model number of the one I found on the net is 777ee/2. But just because it looks like it doesn't mean...
  7. Ricktptman

Reattaching a left for dead Stanton 681eee mounting bracket to the cart body

I've had this cartridge for years and have been tinkering around with it. It works but in trying to adjust the screw mount brackets on the top (they were bent in azimuth/VTA/tilt unfriendly ways upon acquisition) it snapped loose at what appears to be a tack weld. I don't have the gear or...
  8. Ricktptman

Pioneer PL-560 Strobe flash issue

This has already been posted in the Pioneer forum and received no relevant responses. Many (but not all, by YT video sample data) of these particular PL-'s have this issue. I've discovered that it's not the lamp. I went through a (probable) last "spit 'n polish" and maintenance cycle for this...
  9. Ricktptman

Seeking assistance with Pioneer SD-1100 display issue

I've realigned this (to the best of my ability) several times after having noticed this anomaly. Let me take a couple of things off the table first: Does it need recapping? Most likely. I know of nobody local in whom I have sufficient trust to recap it front to back. My visual acuity...
  10. Ricktptman

Seeking advice regarding the replacement of the strobe lamp in a Pioneer PL-560 (1978) turntable

It still works but it's flashing intermittently in a way that shouldn't be conflated with the regular strobe effect. I've put off changing it for over a decade. It's now or never. I think I have some orange neon strobe lamps that might work, but I'm not certain. Any advice would be greatly...
  11. Ricktptman

Realistic Mach 2 wiring questions...

I recently acquired (thrift shop, I probably overpaid, but I didn't have to deal with hyperinflated shipping and I was able to restain and restore most of exterior) a set of these speakers and they had some mostly fixable problems. First, whomever owned them previously had installed a set of...
  12. Ricktptman

Seeking recommendation for a trusted tech in the SE U.S. for an SX-1980 recap

I keep trying to screw up the courage to do it myself, but the more I read the more I think experience with this particular receiver is a real (and intangible) plus. Especially with the physical fitment and substitution issues. I see that cap kit on ePrey, but I'm not sure that's the way to go...
  13. Ricktptman

Seeking practical real world advice on which is the best OVERALL 78 rpm cartridge for the money.

I'm looking at the LP Gear budget model LP Gear AT95-78 AT9578 Also, the Vessel AS78SP is from the same website. Amazon has two AT's, one for around $80.00 and the other for around $150.00. (The AT-VM95SP and the VM 670SP.) I have a large-ish collection of 78's that were given to me by a...
  14. Ricktptman

Seeking Owner's Manual for Advent Legacy Loudspeakers

I don't see anything specifying "II" or "III" on them, so I presume they're "I" 's. None of the usual websites have anything even close to an OM for them. I've used them in my remote workshop for about twenty years (I replaced the Woofers with some Polk Subs that dropped right in) and while...
  15. Ricktptman

Seeking opinions about best place to store extra/uninstalled McIntosh glass

Since I started collecting McIntosh pieces, I've slowly been acquiring replacement glass for them. Some I had to use immediately because of well...UPS, et al, in all their respective resplendent glory. One piece in particular, I had to replace because I did not know that the screening on the...
  16. Ricktptman

Black slot faceplate (corner) mounting screw question

I know some of them are 1/4" and some are 1/8" in length, the shorter to avoid hitting the panloc shaft, but are the threads for these screws 6-32? I thought I'd seen this thread here before but I can't find it through Ye Olde Google. I'm seeing some 1911 grip screws on ePrey that look close...
  17. Ricktptman

MC2155/L52/Panloc question

The L52 cabinet I have came with Panlocs installed and worked fine with my C28, but the 2155 appears to be too long for those Panlocs in the depth dimension. Is there an adjustment that I'm missing or do the amps take a dedicated set of Panloc brackets? TIA.
  18. Ricktptman

Seeking advice on the best way to realign C33 tone control knobs

I've done it many times with other (less rare and expensive) knobs on my Pioneer/Marantz restorations, but they're much easier to come by if "the worst thing" happens. One was loose when I acquired the preamp and I've corrected it so the marker on the aluminum outer part of the knob aligns with...
  19. Ricktptman

New to me MC2255 request for assistance

I finally crossed this off my bucket list. (I picked up a C33 as well...more about it in a separate thread coming soon...) I have discovered that the bottom plate is missing two of the gray/green screws. Does anyone know of a source for them or the parameters for replacements? Also, I'm...
  20. Ricktptman

A different SX-1980 call for help from experienced techs

I PM'ed Mark but didn't hear back. I've been nursing this problematic tuner section since I was given this 1980 in 2002. I've managed to cajole it into operating correctly (including the Quartz Lock) for 99% of that time. There was one spot on the VC rotation (90-91Mhz) that always made the...
  21. Ricktptman

Pioneer SA-9500 II restoration-the final frontier-Take TWO

Okay, I initially set out trying to pull a single compromised (multiple switches brutalized-but otherwise functionally PERFECT) one of these back from the "parts unit" abyss and tried to sub out unobtanium switches. Some worked acceptably well, some didn't. I rehabilitated one of the three...
  22. Ricktptman

Pioneer SA-9500 II restoration-the final frontier-Take TWO

Okay, I initially set out trying to pull a single compromised (multiple switches brutalized-but otherwise functionally PERFECT) one of these back from the "parts unit" abyss and tried to sub out unobtanium switches. Some worked acceptably well, some didn't. I rehabilitated one of the three...
  23. Ricktptman

TX-9500 II DOA AM section S.O.S.

Hey Audiokarma folks, I'm down to the last few pieces that I put aside for a "someday" restoration and I thought this TX-9500 II would be an easy restoration if I could find the broken off level control pot. I found a source for NOS ACY-178's in Hong Kong, but I didn't think to test the A.M...
  24. Ricktptman

Output level potentiometer for a TX-9500 II Tuner

I'm looking for one these pots or a close substitute. If anybody has one or information about what will work, please let me know. I believe it's 10K ohm. Thanks!
  25. Ricktptman

Seeking a speaker selector switch (or sub) for an SA-9500 II Integrated Amp...

If you've had experience with this or have the part, please PM me. I think the same switch was used in the SA-8500 II. Thanks in advance...
Back
Top Bottom