Search results

1. Alan G.

Pioneer CT-F2121 frustration

i recently acquired this cassette deck. Belts were shot, of course. So, I got a belt and capstan tire kit, replaced everything, cleaned and lubed it. It plays. It even rewinds. It will fast forward without a tape, but really slow, laboring, inconsistent speed with a tape. Anybody share that...
  2. Alan G.

DCM TF-350 Crossover question

it has been suggested I start a new thread so as to catch crossover gurus. So here goes: I have a failed tweeter in one unit. Before exposing the bad tweeter I obtained a pair of Vifa D19TD-07 (8 ohm) replacements only to find it was a Vifa D20TD-07 (6 ohm) in there. After finding the schematic...
  3. Alan G.

DCM TF350 experts. Need advice.

i have a dead tweeter in one 350. I think it's a later build as the woofer surrounds are rubber and it has the sock all the way around. Before I tear into it, I have questions: 1) Is the crossover at 2K? 2) Is the original a Philips or Vifa? Is it round with four screw holes? 3) I read Steve...
  4. Alan G.

DCM Timepieces vs. Paradigm Atom v1

Must be fans of both. I've had the DCMs since new. Used to be my mains, but have them as rears in a 5.1 system. My wife is traveling and found the Paradigms in a GW, bought them and shipped them. I pretty much expect to have to replace the foam surrounds in the Atoms and that's okay. But would...
  5. Alan G.

DCM Time Frame 350 surrounds

I just picked up a GW pair and flash lighted the speakers through the sock. It looks like rubber surrounds. I read enough about probable replacement, but this pair sounds great. Is it possible this model was made long enough to change over to rubber during production?
  6. Alan G.

Signal Strength meter on a SX-737

Just picked up a SX-737 Receiver and everything works well, except the signal strength meter. The tuning meter works. Noticed the signal strength meter's lamp is out - the only one. Since that meter is wired (on one side) through one side of the lamp, is it possible replacing the lamp will get...
  7. Alan G.

Un-static a record?

I have Adele's "21" and it's developed a good amount of static. I'm ready to attach a wired alligator clip to it and touch ground somewhere. Our humidity is low, but is there a simpler way?
  8. Alan G.

Cartridge help; ad nauseam

I have a Technics SL-1600, original style. Currently it has a Shure M95ED (well, it was an HE until I dropped it) with an EVG/Jico N95ED stylus. It does sound good. But, since I don't know what I'm missing, would I be better off buying a Jico HE stylus, a Jico SAS ED stylus or replacing the...
  9. Alan G.

A "thread" thread

Replacing an AT cart in my original SL-1600 headshell, with the sliding plastic "guide", with a Shure M75ED cart. Needing longer screws, I took one to a hardware store and found it to be what I think is a #3-56 thread. They didn't have that, but the threads lined up with a 2-56 and the body was...
  10. Alan G.

AT VM8H Cartridge

This was on the SL-1600 I just got. Doesn't have a stylus. I can't find squat, opinion-wise, about this cart via AK or Google (other than Vinylengine with specs only). Anybody know if this is a decent one? Worth finding a stylus?
  11. Alan G.

Technics SL-Q2 Question

I just obtained a SL-Q2 with only two feet. Got some (eBay) SL-D3 feet that are the same, but noticed two different spring thicknesses! Can't tell from the exploded view in the Q2 service manual (although they are two different part numbers), but do the thicker springs go on the back or front?
  12. Alan G.

Realistic Lab-420 Hinges

I know, I know - another one about those infamous metal/plastic hinges that break. But I do have a question: Has anybody bought the Linn look-alike hinges and actually used them on the 420? Do they have the same screw hole pattern? Does the cover capture have the same dimensions...
Back
Top Bottom