Search results

1. manu et deo

I can't believe it's been a decade

I can't believe I joined this site over a decade ago. Thank you for everyone who has helped me along my way!
  2. manu et deo

Noise in RCA jack

I have a HK A230 Ballad with a noisy input. I have changed cables and it still comes back. At first I could just wiggle them, but now I have to pull them off and reinstall to get it to stop. Maybe deoxit?
  3. manu et deo

Closed back headphone recs

I am looking for a upgrade to the iems that come with the Roku for late night tv viewing. I would like to have something comfortable but decent sounding. I will get a head amp to power them as my TV has a stereo out which goes to my bedroom tube integrated currently. Budget would be couple...
  4. manu et deo

Wrapping speakers for storage

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of any long term problems with wrapping speakers with plastic wrap to store in a closet or garage cabinet.
  5. manu et deo

Best place to source belts

I have a couple nakamichi and pioneer decks and I'm looking to do some maintenance on. Any places to avoid while shopping for belts? I appreciate all the help.
  6. manu et deo

B and W DM 602 S3 woofers

I'm having trouble finding this out, but are DM 602 S3 woofers the same as S2? Or any other B and W?
  7. manu et deo

Mucho Karma for 63pontiacgp

Purchased a couple records from him, they arrived safely due to the fact the two decent albums we're protecting them. Going to save his filler for player copies for my kids. Once again another great transaction from another great Ak-er!
  8. manu et deo

Get paint off woofer

Hi all, I got a pair of DM 602 S3 that somebody decided to paint the Kevlar woofer. Any idea how to clean it off?
  9. manu et deo

Burmashave's done it again

Sent me some of his all gone ICs, quick and painless like all his other transactions. Kinda sad he won't be selling them anymore:(
  10. manu et deo

Packaging of the Year Awards

My nominee is @mswanson65, he sent me some lps that were shipped for battle. I mean like it was gold bullion not just vinyl gold;)
  11. manu et deo

Clean speaker drivers

Hello wise sages, I have no problem figuring out how to clean the cabinets and the grills, but what to do with 30 years of Gunk on the drivers-meaning dust and dirt, maybe some dead bugs. What's the go-to without hurting anything? These are ADS L810s if anybody's wondering.
  12. manu et deo

Replace push in connection on ADS L300

Looking for recommendations for better connections for my L300s. I'm guessing banana plugs? But which one? Thanks, Jeremiah
  13. manu et deo

Line stage vs preamp vs integrated? Passive or active?

I find this is one of the questions that vexes me the most. And I don't mean the debate between solid state and tube, which is another whole can of worms. What say you, Audiokarma? Where do you draw your line in the sand? I don't mean any particular brands, just looking for your approach to this...
  14. manu et deo

Thorens 124 for sale tomorrow- Anaheim

Hope one of our SoCal peeps get it for a good price https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Anaheim/92806/2177445 No afflilation except I want it ;) Also a Pioneer receiver and a Akai tape deck
  15. manu et deo

Much praise for Jeff M

Got a head shell holder from him, beautiful work with packing like a tank. I should have him shipped my next turn table;)
  16. manu et deo

HK tech

Hi all, I don't know if this is the appropriate section or even where to ask if this is not but I am looking for someone that specializes in Harman kardon tube amps for repair. Mods if there's a section I should be asking this in please move or asked me to delete and reask my question in that...
  17. manu et deo

How to go about replacing cheap wall warts.

The wall warts that come with my gear have always seemed cheap and I think I should be replacing them, but with what? Are there any specific things I should be looking for in a power supply? All advise is welcome.
  18. manu et deo

thevinoman filled my Glasses!

Tubes arrived perfectly and quickly!
  19. manu et deo

Ski jumps to the lead!

He also wins the award for best use of pool noodle!
  20. manu et deo

What to do with old Philco console pull?

I have this original intact Philco 46-1213 mono console I rescued from the curb. I'm not really interested in restoring it as I have two other mono tube amplifiers receivers. Should I just dissemble it and save the parts or is there another use like a subwoofer amp or mono block? when I mean...
  21. manu et deo

Upgrade path from PL-41

I'm currently using a pl-41 in my main system and was thinking about upgrading but I don't know where to go, new or vintage? Get a better cart? Or why am I wasting my time? I'm looking for suggestions, opinions, tales of caution, etc. Thanks in advance
  22. manu et deo

Tube clock radios

Hello, I'm thinking about getting a old clock radio and was wonder if there were any insights y'all might have? Brands? Availability on parts? Something that might be specific to clock radios?
  23. manu et deo

ADS 12 90 help

I don't want to sound like a total idiot here but are there banana plug extensions?
  24. manu et deo

Polk SDA SRS and Aragon 4004- worth 800?

Local CL ad to me, is this a good deal? Don't really have the cash but if this is a steal I will go snatch it up.
  25. manu et deo

Tube warmer?

I don't know if I'm way off base here, is there any kind of trickle charger to keep tubes warmed up without them having to be on all the way? Or is the draw with them on but not playing so negligible that doesn't really matter?
Back
Top Bottom