Search results

1. mnrocketry

Sony ES components stack - price check

I've come across a Sony ES component stack for sale. TA-N55ES amp, TA-E1000ESD pre-amp, and ST-S550ES tuner. No remote for the pre-amp, unfortunately. Seller seems firm at $250 for the three components and won't split them up. I gave them a brief test and everything appeared to be working...
  2. mnrocketry

Mystery Onkyo HS-304 speakers - from the 60's?

Thanks to a friend of a friend, a pair of Onkyo HS-304 speakers from an estate have come into my possession. I can find only the merest mention of them online at http://audio-database.com/ONKYO/speaker/hs-304-e.html If they are from the mid 1960s, they're in pretty amazing shape for being 50...
  3. mnrocketry

New AVR decision - Will I regret getting one without HDCP 2.2?

I have it in my head to finally replace my ancient Sony 5.1 home theater receiver (it's about 15 years old) with something new. I want something decent, don't need anything really high end, and I'm on a budget in the $500 range. Current equipment: 55" Vizio 1080P LCD/LED TV, Sony Blu-ray...
  4. mnrocketry

DLK 1-1/2 tweeter wiring question

I'm working on a pair of 1970s vintage DLK 1-1/2 speakers. Someone else had replaced the original tweeters with a different type. Wanting to bring them back to original spec, I picked up a pair of new phenolic cone tweeters at Midwest Speaker Repair yesterday. Now, I'm wondering what the...
  5. mnrocketry

DLK Model 4's - my weekend acquisition

This past weekend, a pair of DLK model 4's followed me home from Craigslist. :D Nice cabinets, marble tops in good shape (one small chip), all four woofers need new foam surrounds, one missing trim ring. Were stored unused in a basement for 20+ years - during which time the grills...
  6. mnrocketry

Chicago area to Minneapolis area?

I'm looking to buy a large receiver from a Chicago area AK'er. If anyone is coming from the Chicago area to anywhere near the Minneapolis area in the next few weeks and would be willing to bring it with you, please send me a PM. I'd be happy to impart some cash as a thank you!
Back
Top Bottom